Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood 2-4 Wanderers

burnden

From what division?

More correctly, they got promoted to the NPL Premier Division from the NPL Division One.

They got automatic promotion behind Mossley, and finished ahead of Kendal Town on level points and with +24gd compared to +23.

In the play-offs Kendal beat Stocksbridge Park Steels and Gresley Rovers (who had eliminated Woodley Sports).

• Moderators

More correctly, they got promoted to the NPL Premier Division from the NPL Division One.

They got automatic promotion behind Mossley, and finished ahead of Kendal Town on level points and with +24gd compared to +23.

In the play-offs Kendal beat Stocksbridge Park Steels and Gresley Rovers (who had eliminated Woodley Sports).

and all whilst we were in the PL

give it another 10 years, we'll be playing Kendal

• Moderators

Bolton has a population of 129,000 - so we get 10% attending every week.

or 280k if you include Horwich, Westhoughton etc i.e. the borough (but you knew that)

bet it's more like 5% than 10% if you ignore anyone not from within bolton town limits

What a wasted of 1000 seats when there are tons of Wanderers fans still struggling to get tickets. Incredible they've not come to some kind of compromise.

Remember years and years ago when Preston had to put around 1000 of us in the lower tier down one side of their main stand cos there were so many of us outside without tickets. 

Edited by Smiley

and all whilst we were in the PL

give it another 10 years, we'll be playing Kendal

In a previous name as Netherfield they met Watford, Barnsley and Chesterfield in the FA Cup, getting a replay against the least named.

And there is a (thin) connection between Netherfield and BWFC - Faz Page had been their centre forward, and was a BWFC physio at the time of promotion to the Premier League.

[in his youth he was a British League pole vaulter for my Stretford team, and 4th ranked youth in Britain.]

• Site Supporter

surely a club of that size, bums on seats is above everything else?

It was a bit tongue in cheek. That being said I think they're in a much better financial position than us; and a victory over us would help their promotion push which would be worth even more.

I do agree though, loads of empty seats when there is a demand seems pure folly.

It was a bit tongue in cheek. That being said I think they're in a much better financial position than us; and a victory over us would help their promotion push which would be worth even more.

I do agree though, loads of empty seats when there is a demand seems pure folly.

They have sold all seats - its just terracing thats not sold out -and I would imagine it would be difficult to segregate that

There's two houses overlooking the pitch behind the away stand that are offering a room to view the game for £30 a pop for Bolton fans only.

Will someone be in the kitchen at half time pouring one flat beer every five mins and offering burnt pies for £6 ?