Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood 2-4 Wanderers

burnden

Anything but a win and it's play offs. We need to go there and battle and scrape for a win as if our lives depend on it and somehow find a level that we haven't managed to for months. Never ever thought I'd say that about Fleetwood away but fair play to them they're going places.

0-1 Wheater winner. Minibus rocking all the way home.

Still don't know how I'm getting there; the lads I planned to go with didn't get tickets, and a fair few who I do aways with are stopping over.

Not one for travel club, but I am coaching at 830 on Sunday... As time ebbs by it seems needs must!

Still don't know how I'm getting there; the lads I planned to go with didn't get tickets, and a fair few who I do aways with are stopping over.

Not one for travel club, but I am coaching at 830 on Sunday... As time ebbs by it seems needs must!

Travel club is sold out I think mate

Serious question. Does anyone think we have a chance in this one ?

It is a big game in our season probably biggest game in their history.

They are the form team. We are struggling.

I can sadly only see a hammering. Would love to be proved wrong.

You're right everything points to a home win - form, issues off the pitch, injuries. But this is football and we've all followed Bolton long enough to know that this is the type of games we may win. If we were in form and in their position then clearly Fleetwood would come out with the points. Or am I just being optimistic?

this really is time to see what the team is made of, and it will need one massive improvement from Saturday to get anything.

As it stands at the moment we have a fight just to remain in the play off places

If we can sort out a formation that overcomes our midfield weakness or get Karacan/Pratley in the starting 11 think we have a massive chance to beat them, the game might also be too big for some of the Fleetwood players, in short yes I can see us winning.

• Site Supporter

On current form, nailed on home win.

If I put my WW's flavoured spectacles and think the players can grow hearts as big as the fans, I can see a one nil.

Not sure which way though.

So in summary, not a clue...

• Site Supporter

Not really seen Fleetwood other than at our gaff. They seem to be a team who play neat football but like to hit with pace on the break.

If we keep men behind the ball and be a little bit physical with them, I can see us nicking something even if its a 0-0 or 1-1 draw. I would personal shift formation back to 4-4-2 even if it means playing Dervite at full back, it's the formation our lot are more comfortable with but I do think we would need to play a bit narrower

• Moderators

I'm hoping wabara has made good use of the last 10 days

I'm hoping thorpe is injured

I still don't see why ALF play the role Clough was playing, especially as I continually read on here that he was doing nowt

If wabara is fit, I'd like to see if the Brum fella can take Ameobis place

Then it's a question of the centre midfield

It may need to be Morais and Vela with Henry as the attacking one, but I think it's more likely Derik is in and Henry is out

So back to 451, but with a similar set up to pre christmas

There's two houses overlooking the pitch behind the away stand that are offering a room to view the game for £30 a pop for Bolton fans only.

Once got through out at Filbert Street and then managed to watch the 2nd half from somebody's back yard. I wasn't alone!! Can't beat the old-style grounds!!!

Dreamt we got beat 2-0 last night and the 2nd goal didn't cross the line. A few Bolton got on the pitch. Think I had 2 pies.

They're absolutely on fire.

We can't defend, have no momentum, are poor away and have lots of injuries.

They will come at us like Bradford did and i cannot see us keeping a clean sheet, never mind winning.

A draw isn't a disaster, but other teams will hit form soon, a defeat and its game over & play-offs as we wont catch them.

A win however is potentially a season changer, as i could then see them going on a Scunny type of run. Milwall and Bradford are still real threats.   

I wish i could but i really really cannot see us winning.......  

If we don't that's 2 wins from our last 12 and you don't get promoted with that sort of form................... 

Edited by captainmed

• Moderators

Fucking hell its Fleetwood not Barcelona, they should be scared of us.

have you not been paying attention over the last few weeks?

why on earth should they be scared of us?

The thing with these new clubs like Fleetwood is that they only know success. Success breeds confidence and confidence breeds success from the owner all the way to the fans.

They've no moaning cunts hounding out players yet. That'll come In about 15 years when they spiral back down to the bottom league and their fans start smashing everywhere up and booing players.

• Site Supporter

i never knew they were called Fleetwood Wanderers for a short time.

Re-formed in 1997 as Fleetwood Wanderers, the club was placed back in Division One of the North West Counties Football League (now the tenth tier of the English League system) and a sponsorship deal saw the club's name immediately changed to Fleetwood Freeport F.C.The club was promoted to the Premier Division of the North West Counties League in 1999 and renamed Fleetwood Town F.C.
Edited by HomerJay

• Site Supporter

If we can sort out a formation that overcomes our midfield weakness or get Karacan/Pratley in the starting 11 think we have a massive chance to beat them, the game might also be too big for some of the Fleetwood players, in short yes I can see us winning.

I hope you're right but they won comfortably at bramhall lane- not sure it'll be too big for them.

Red Lion four lane ends coach few seats left