Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Decent Podcasts

MancWanderer

Can’t remember if anyone’s recommended Dan Snow’s History Hit?

Love it. There’s a load of stuff of no interest but a massive amount that’s really good. They are only short, like 20-30 minutes each but there’s a lot on there that relates directly to, shall we say, the more contentious threads on here - BLM, viruses, the good ol’ U S of A, war stuff. Folk who haven’t entrenched themselves

Actually. A shit recommendation come to think of it....

18 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Can’t remember if anyone’s recommended Dan Snow’s History Hit?

Love it. There’s a load of stuff of no interest but a massive amount that’s really good. They are only short, like 20-30 minutes each but there’s a lot on there that relates directly to, shall we say, the more contentious threads on here - BLM, viruses, the good ol’ U S of A, war stuff. Folk who haven’t entrenched themselves

Actually. A shit recommendation come to think of it....

For some reason I've got a completely irrational dislike of Dan Snow. Well, not that irrational. Just seems nepotism had a lot to do with him getting on TV.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

The latest Athletico Mince is one of the best yet. 110 episodes in to something that, on paper, shouldn't have lasted more than 10. Mortimer is the greatest living Briton.

Are these all just on YouTube? Ive seen the Adrian Lewis ones but none of the others. If that’s the same thing?

2 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Have you got the Acast app? Thats a good one for podcasts.

My apps extend to bbc sport sky sports and WhatsApp 😁. I tend not to do podcasts or music really. I’m just looking for something to keep me occupied during my revitalized love of running. 

8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

My apps extend to bbc sport sky sports and WhatsApp 😁. I tend not to do podcasts or music really. I’m just looking for something to keep me occupied during my revitalized love of running. 

Loads of good podcasts on Acast.

I find them easy listening whilst working, rather than the shite on Takksport.

Quickly Kevin

Under The Cosh 

Athletico Mince

Top Flight Time Machine

Plenty more. All good as background noise if nowt else.

15 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Loads of good podcasts on Acast.

I find them easy listening whilst working, rather than the shite on Takksport.

Quickly Kevin

Under The Cosh 

Athletico Mince

Top Flight Time Machine

Plenty more. All good as background noise if nowt else.

Cheers will give them a listen 

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

I just download podcasts from the podcast app on my iphone

What are Acast and Patreon? Do they offer any more than the iPhone app?

Acast is just a podcast production company. They may have Acast-Only podcasts, but most of their podcasts are available on multiple platforms.

With Patreon, you pay a monthly subscription to a specific user in return for exclusive material, and advanced releases of their podcasts/videos/whatever. For instance, if you're into Athletico Mince, you can subscribe to them on Patreon for £2.99 a month, and you get all their podcasts early, along with their bonus episodes and other exclusive content.

Edited by Cheese

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Acast is just podcast production company. They may have Acast-Only podcasts, but most of their podcasts are available on multiple platforms.

With Patreon, you pay a monthly subscription to a specific user in return for exclusive material, and advanced releases of their podcasts. For instance, if you're into Athletico Mince, you subscribe to them on Patreon for £2.99 a month, and you get all their podcasts early, along with their bonus episodes and other exclusive content.

Ah OK. Thanks Cheese. I remember Undr The Cosh talking about Patreon and exclusive content. Makes sense now