Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Decent Podcasts

MancWanderer

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Great appearance Cheese but why were you so nervous? 

A combination of many things. I hate the sound of my own voice for a start, although I'm sure that's pretty common. I just had no idea what to expect, and my brain spent the previous month constantly telling me I was going to make an absolute tit of myself. Also, I fucking love Joe Wilkinson and David Earl, so there was a "meeting your heroes" thing. Then I get there, and there's a bloke with a fucking cardboard box on his head. The entire thing has been very surreal.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Fair enough. I find the Basil story very odd and the fact that they made no mention of the cardboard box on the podcast even odder

The interview with Space worm was hilarious 

They did talk about it during the interview, but it's been cut out. There's a photo of us all on the GossipMongers twitter feed.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Fucking Hell!! You didn’t mention that he’d made the box into a face mask (unless I missed that bit)

He's actually quite a funny stand up comedian, and a really nice bloke. I walked back to the tube station with him after the interview.

49 minutes ago, Cheese said:

They did talk about it during the interview, but it's been cut out. There's a photo of us all on the GossipMongers twitter feed.

Fucking hell Cheese I’m disappointed!!! You look like a perfectly “normal” bloke, although that sweater is a tad noncey!!! 

28 minutes ago, jimmyjoojar said:

Fucking hell Cheese I’m disappointed!!! You look like a perfectly “normal” bloke, although that sweater is a tad noncey!!! 

It is Christmas so eminently forgiveable!

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, jimmyjoojar said:

As boltondiver says - my excuse is it was the Christmas Special, and I was colour co-ordinating with the Gossip Mongers logo. And I'm a nonce.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

OK. Fair play Cheese. You vs a stand up comedian. I’d say that you came out of it very well. Well done!!

If you think about it, it was me vs 4 stand up comedians really. No wonder I hardly got a word in!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Clarke Carlisle on undr the cosh l, crikey that’s a tough listen.

At turf moor a few years I was on the pitch before the game and a ball goes off to the side where Clark Carlisle was doing pitchside for BT I ask for it back and he kicks it back but slips on his arse. I said no wonder you retired and smiled he said fuck off you little cunt 😂

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/12/2019 at 17:10, jimmyjoojar said:

I'm more disappointed that you look absolutely nothing like Meatloaf 😞

Was it RW who came out with that? Or Miami?

15 minutes ago, Clarence Carter said:

It's worth a listen.

https://open.spotify.com/show/41G1rJ06R6WWpzCil2YGhk

Far better than the radio Manchester one which annoyingly always has people talking over one another and crap sections like guess the player.

Yeah I rate it better than the BBC Manchester one which is almost unlistenable at times when they all shout.

I listen to the BN one every week and it's alright, although I do feel Iles sees himself as much more of a comedian than he actually is!