Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Decent Podcasts

MancWanderer

19 hours ago, L/H White said:

Did you see the Marvin Herbet one with the screw? Fuck me

Listened to Ben Marshall on UTC earlier, good listen

I’ve not listened to that one yet. I’ve listed to the one with that Darren Gee fella who’s now turned on JE and said he’s going to have him “done in”

Yes I enjoyed the Ben Marshall one, very honest. Fuckers got about 3 million in the bank as well 

Edited by royal white

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, royal white said:

I’ve not listened to that one yet. I’ve listed to the one with that Darren Gee fella who’s now turned on JE and said he’s going to have him “done in”

Yes I enjoyed the Ben Marshall one, very honest. Fuckers got about 3 million in the bank as well 

Darren Gee ' life not a knife' is a paranoid schizophrenic. Telling the world he wants to stop knife crime whilst threatening to kill an entire family & anybody who gives him airspace.... A complete moonman. 

3 hours ago, royal white said:

I reckon he'll make a comeback 

I remeber speaking to Keith Hill, he got Marshall in (which he touched on, on the pod) and he never bothered turning up ha

1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Darren Gee ' life not a knife' is a paranoid schizophrenic. Telling the world he wants to stop knife crime whilst threatening to kill an entire family & anybody who gives him airspace.... A complete moonman. 

Yep. Attention seeking cockwomble who’s bound to end up dead soon. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Cheese said:

Bit low brow I suppose, but 'Two Pints with Will & Ralf' is alright, if you're into that sort of thing. Paddy McGuinness on Episode 3:

Come off it. Paddy is a Boltonian doing well for himself therefore the rule is that he’s shit, unfunny, untalented, a cunt..., etc.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I'd certainly agree with unfunny. 

I’d go as far as to say over-scripted using someone else’s “comedic” writing.

His brother married a girl from my old school class a few years ago and Paddy was best man.  It was side split tingly funny, tears rolling down cheeks and stomach hurting. 

But get him on that Take Me Out, bag o’ shite!

7 hours ago, Cheese said:

Bit low brow I suppose, but 'Two Pints with Will & Ralf' is alright, if you're into that sort of thing. Paddy McGuinness on Episode 3:

Pretty much spot on Cheese. It’s “alright”. Had a dabble at a few but won’t bother with any more

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Come off it. Paddy is a Boltonian doing well for himself therefore the rule is that he’s shit, unfunny, untalented, a cunt..., etc.

I really like the Justin Moorhouse podcast. But he’s a United fan so is obviously an unfunny, Munich shithouse who shouldn’t be allowed airtime. 

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Pretty much spot on Cheese. It’s “alright”. Had a dabble at a few but won’t bother with any more

I really like the Justin Moorhouse podcast. But he’s a United fan so is obviously an unfunny, Munich shithouse who shouldn’t be allowed airtime. 

I listen to BBC Manchester and Moorehouse seems to be the guy who can pop up on any time slot. I think maybe he’s a cover for any regular having a day off.

He gets guests in and then spends the time talking over them. 

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Didn't know he did one, will search it out. He's one of the funniest & nicest blokes around. 

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Didn't know he did one, will search it out. He's one of the funniest & nicest blokes around. 

It's called "About 30 Minutes No More Than 45", and he is very good. One of the first podcasts I ever listened to. He interviews comedians on the circuit. I'd even say it's worth starting from the beginning.

Edited by Cheese

21 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It's called "About 30 Minutes No More Than 45", and he is very good. One of the first podcasts I ever listened to. He interviews comedians on the circuit. I'd even say it's worth starting from the beginning.

Same here. A couple of years ago I did just that. Early ones are quite short so dont take that long to listen to. Latest ones are a bit longer but still quite interesting. Saw his stand up show in 2019. Very funny. He’s very interactive on the podcast. Email him and he’ll reply to you on it. Nice bloke. No agenda about him

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

I listen to BBC Manchester and Moorehouse seems to be the guy who can pop up on any time slot. I think maybe he’s a cover for any regular having a day off.

He gets guests in and then spends the time talking over them. 

Funny how folk see and hear things differently. I don’t hear him talking over guests

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Funny how folk see and hear things differently. I don’t hear him talking over guests

Maybe it's because zoom is being used rather than live interviews and the confusion arises due to the lag.

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Cheese said:

I'm on the lookout for some new podcasts to listen to so starting from the beginning will plug a gap nicely 👍

• 1 month later...
  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Spider said:

The latest Athletico Mince is fucking outstanding.

The Steve Bruce bit, and the Adrian Lewis bit with a top notch South African tale thrown in.

He just gets more mental.

The latest on Patreon? Episode 112? I've lost track of which ones I've listened to. They've pumped quite a few out over the last few weeks and I've probably missed one or two.