Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Terror Attacks

Spider

7 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

She must have dual citizenship then - as otherwise rendering her stateless would lead to a potential legal battle.

Hope Javid hasn't jumped the gun.

She has the right to apply for Dutch citizenship if her marriage was validly conducted. The child, I believe has automatic Dutch citizenship.

(but I could be wrong)

7 hours ago, Big E said:

Don't get me wrong most of the stuff posted is racially spewed bollocks at times but this stuff is pretty accurate:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/09/15/former-british-soldier-jailed-nearly-8-years-turkey-accused/

She shouldn't be allowed back in my opinion. she is a risk to us all. only takes her to encourage one person to kill and its one too many. 

I agree mate. If there is a legal way of preventing her coming back, I’d be behind it. I see that she may have had her citizenship removed. Good news, if it’s possible.

2 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

She has the right to apply for Dutch citizenship if her marriage was validly conducted. The child, I believe has automatic Dutch citizenship.

(but I could be wrong)

I read that she still retains Bangladeshi citizenship through her parents. I doubt the birth will have been registered yet at a consulate/embassy either

Edited by jmjhb

• Site Supporter

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/61

[F117(2)The Secretary of State may by order deprive a person of a citizenship status if the Secretary of State is satisfied that deprivation is conducive to the public good.]

(3)The Secretary of State may by order deprive a person of a citizenship status which results from his registration or naturalisation if the Secretary of State is satisfied that the registration or naturalisation was obtained by means of—

(a)fraud,

(b)false representation, or

(c)concealment of a material fact.

(4)The Secretary of State may not make an order under subsection (2) if he is satisfied that the order would make a person stateless.

[F118(4A)But that does not prevent the Secretary of State from making an order under subsection (2) to deprive a person of a citizenship status if—

(a)the citizenship status results from the person's naturalisation,

(b)the Secretary of State is satisfied that the deprivation is conducive to the public good because the person, while having that citizenship status, has conducted him or herself in a manner which is seriously prejudicial to the vital interests of the United Kingdom, any of the Islands, or any British overseas territory, and

(c)the Secretary of State has reasonable grounds for believing that the person is able, under the law of a country or territory outside the United Kingdom, to become a national of such a country or territory.]

(5)Before making an order under this section in respect of a person the Secretary of State must give

18 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Her birthplace is only part of a wider issue. Parental and even grand-parental birthplaces can come into play. (Didn't Jack Charlton build an Ireland team based of grandparent's Irishness?)

Think congo won the World Cup last year if we are getting in to all that. 

24 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Her birthplace is only part of a wider issue. Parental and even grand-parental birthplaces can come into play. (Didn't Jack Charlton build an Ireland team based of grandparent's Irishness?)

Rules for sport are not the same, hence if you Parlour come into the Irish.

21 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

Building Football squad and chopping peoples heads off are only slightly different :roll:

Roy. Keane could only do one of them, though 

14 minutes ago, MickyD said:

It's like a massive game of QI where the background flashes like fuck and Stephen Fry interjects, 

Oh, Micky, you didn't try and find a footballing analogy within a terrorist thread! Minus 15 points, I'm afraid.

Sounds like the Wanderers when we go into admin :D