Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Hang on Riggs.....you asked the other day re Khan........mine is a tenuous link to it admittedly but still a clear indication of how it can be done...

Anyway....who made you the new King of Related Threads ?

Aren’t you the Little EU Nazi ? :D

Riggs? What the fuck is that about? 

11 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I just hope there's somebody out there with the vision to unite the country following this whole sorry mess. 

We're all reasonably intelligent people - and we're at each other's throats. 

Somehow we have to find a solution or unite behind a leader who can heal some of these divisions. Either that or we'll need a dictatorship. 

Hang on....we’re thick old racists whilst you chaps are the illuminati :D

21 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

What are you talking about? I am not tied in knots. Perhaps you need to state the reason/reasons you think that I am. 

Good grief - it’s been done three times about four pages back. Explaining all again seems even more pointless as to laying it all out in the first place.

You can’t be real. Mounts, the Brexit Bot.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Now calm down and put your Lambrini down.....it’s nearly Christmas and I wish you and yours all the very best x

Ok mate. Think it's you who should be putting the Lambrini down. 

31 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I just hope there's somebody out there with the vision to unite the country following this whole sorry mess. 

Somehow we have to find a solution or unite behind a leader who can heal some of these divisions. Either that or we'll need a dictatorship. 

You have read this thread Kent?? 

3 hours ago, Cheese said:

Government loses another vote that completely undermines their ignorant, arrogant approach to Brexit. May is pretty much a zombie now. Jolly good show. 

And as we all know, Zombies, by their very nature are inconsistent...

Doesn't bode well...

Just reverse the bloody thing, bollocks to 'democracy' - a third of leave don't give a shit anymore, a third will be dead or perpetually bewildered within twenty years, a sixth are insane and another sixth are rational and have decent arguments/reasoning, but a sixth isn't enough.

How many do-gooders marched against the war against Iraq but the government of the day didn't give a fuck.

It's not like a new fangled thing, going against the 'democratic' will of the people.

I'm off to sniff some tipp-ex thinner and pretend it's 1990 again.

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

You have read this thread Kent?? 

:)

There's bright people of both sides of the argument. It's an issue for the heart instead of one for the head sadly. Perhaps that's why people aren't able to talk to people who disagree with them with a little more civility. 

I think at this stage - most remainers would get behind a leaver who offered them a clear and optimistic vision. 

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

I’m getting...

it it could only be....

Tony 

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Nothing to report then. As I thought. 

All there for you as you well know, we’ll i hope you do. Possibly you don’t.

The scots can have a second referendum going against all the reasons for one for Brexit, and completely misunderstanding how parliamentary democracy to boot. Quite the little tangle made of your own ideological heel digging.

Quite frankly though Mounts, it’s just a pleasure to read your missives.

I’m really looking forward to seeing what your explanations will be next week. 

12 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

All there for you as you well know, we’ll i hope you do. Possibly you don’t.

The scots can have a second referendum going against all the reasons for one for Brexit, and completely misunderstanding how parliamentary democracy to boot. Quite the little tangle made of your own ideological heel digging.

Quite frankly though Mounts, it’s just a pleasure to read your missives.

I’m really looking forward to seeing what your explanations will be next week. 

I’m all ears please feel free to educate me about my Brexit, Scottish independence tangle. And I’ll also listen carefully to what you have to say about my misunderstanding of parliamentary democracy. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Here is something for Brexiters to consider. Right now their best bet of no deal or a hard Brexit is a 2nd referendum.

There is no majority in parliament for a no deal scenario. Grieves amendment defeating the government shows that clearly. Benn’s could rubber stamp that. So the only options with a parliamentary majority are a soft Norway style Brexit or some sort of deal like May’s with minor amendments - but that looks unlikely even.

The only way to get a proper Brexit is probably a GE or second vote. Wouldn’t surprise me if more MPs on the Brexit side started mooting that possibility like Boris has already. 

If TM’s deal fails to get a majority next Tuesday she will have to go back to the EU and if she can remove the EU’s unilateral control of the final backstop position this deal would go through on a second vote, that would be ‘Brexit’ done and dusted, finished

If this scenario doesn’t come to pass we will still leave on March 29th possibly with no deal