Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 hours ago, Spider said:

It was a lighthearted reference to another leader who recently went down in flames, albeit on a much grander scale.

Whilst he didn't directly ask for people to be twatted, his actions led to said twattings taking place.

For future reference I will explain my posts to you in a more literal sense as you seem to struggle joining satirical dots.

In a previous post, I compared the current political situation in Scotland to that of a Hollywood film about a famous Scottish rebel called William Wallace.

Of course, I was stretching the literal boundaries of truth with what I wrote. This is a device used by many people in a social setting to make a conversation a little more colourful.

Naturally, I don't think Nicola Sturgeon (who I believe you often refer to by alternate names to colour your posts) is going to wear a kilt anytime soon and wave her genitalia in the debating chambers. But she might.

I used Braveheart as an admittedly hacked old trope and I will apologise for trying to remove some gravity from this deadly serious situation. In future, I will stick slavishly to the subject matter and abstain from attempting lame jokes or the use of poorly researched Mel Gibson films as a point of reference for my responses.

I'm pretty sure I don't need mental assistance yet, but will do some research just for you and report back shortly.

Thank you for your concern, I look forward to our continued association.

Quite amusing that you miss the satire in my initial response and then go onto accuse me of missing it.  But never mind 

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No mention of the alleged coaching of the anonymous victims and approaches made to them by senior snp officials. 

About time they did a panorama and went through that affidavit, if it's not going to come out in the inquiry.

Here you go mate....all on here....apologies in advance for the commentary by Esco 😄 🤣 

A warning from the governor of the Bank of England to the EU makes the front of the Financial Times. It says Andrew Bailey has told the bloc that it risks a "serious escalation" in tensions with the UK if it tries to force banks into taking business away from London.

Doesn't mention how he can stop market forces.

7 hours ago, kent_white said:

Is it just me who doesn't really understand anything that's going on in Scotland other than they will inevitably be independent in a year or two? 😁

True, but I dont think they will.

Scotland will wake up

6 minutes ago, green genie said:

A warning from the governor of the Bank of England to the EU makes the front of the Financial Times. It says Andrew Bailey has told the bloc that it risks a "serious escalation" in tensions with the UK if it tries to force banks into taking business away from London.

Doesn't mention how he can stop market forces.

Isn't he saying that?

27 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Isn't he saying that?

“I have to say to you that would be highly controversial – and that would be something that we would have to, and want to, resist very firmly.”

Mr Bailey did not specify what form that resistance would take, saying it would be for ministers to decide.

Have I missed something? 

3 minutes ago, green genie said:

“I have to say to you that would be highly controversial – and that would be something that we would have to, and want to, resist very firmly.”

Mr Bailey did not specify what form that resistance would take, saying it would be for ministers to decide.

Have I missed something? 

possibly

If the EU are trying to force banks away from London (against market forces), then we might resist (also against market forces)

4 hours ago, boltondiver said:

possibly

If the EU are trying to force banks away from London (against market forces), then we might resist (also against market forces)

Ultimately, some of these banks are actually bigger and more powerful than some Governments - they'll not be forced into doing anything they don't want to do. They'll always move around to the places that benefit their balance sheets, and why wouldn't/shouldn't they

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Ultimately, some of these banks are actually bigger and more powerful than some Governments - they'll not be forced into doing anything they don't want to do. They'll always move around to the places that benefit their balance sheets, and why wouldn't/shouldn't they

Another reason why being in a Union is better than not being in a Union.

14 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Talking to one of my Irish customers yesterday he was fuming about the EU, basically they have buy from U.K. supplier but are being charged duty even though same duty has already been charged to U.K. supplier, think you’ll see a growth in anti EU sentiment in Ireland.  

They could reapply to join a far more successful union

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Talking to one of my Irish customers yesterday he was fuming about the EU, basically they have buy from U.K. supplier but are being charged duty even though same duty has already been charged to U.K. supplier, think you’ll see a growth in anti EU sentiment in Ireland.  

This is one of the issues discussed in parliament and addressed by relevant department. 

For example there was a potential problem with vat on cars being applied twice, which has now been resolved.

Obviously different problems for different industries, but they're getting there albeit slowly.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It is what it is

Tell him to stop bleating and see it as an opportunity.