Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Socks

Marc505

• Members

Boltys choice of sock is OK, but a bit thin for me. They're always being sold for about £1.99 a pair in TK Maxx so worth it at that price

Fuck me. How times have changed. I used to buy my Pantherella's on Bond Street when staying at my aunts in Amersham.

TK Maxx. Fucking hell.

Bond Street? 'kin ell...and what happened when you had a drink-fuelled emergency evacuation down a back alley or dropped a load in an insalubrious pub bogs with no paper? I expect it was a next day retrieval jobby (armed with a carrier-bag) from behind a wheelie bin or the toilet cistern?

Edited by Youri McAnespie

One heavy after-match session we'd somehow ended up in the Dog and Partridge - I had the 'eating is cheating' bitter shits come on with great urgency, and someone was in the trap so I adjourned outside to the wasteground at the rear.

I wiped my arse Indian stylee using my hand and water, from a puddle. Returned to the session clean as a whistle thanks to this quick thinking and improvisation.

The puddle did have one of those oil sheens on it though, the surface rippled and caught the streetlights during a scoop..

Fuck me. How times have changed. I used to buy my Pantherella's on Bond Street when staying at my aunts in Amersham.

TK Maxx. Fucking hell.

I bought a Fred Perry polo shirt from my local TK Maxx as well. Just £30 as well.

They sell some decent stuff....problem is you often have to sort through a load of old shit to find the gems sometimes.

If you go in after about 14:00 on a Saturday, the place favvers a jumble sale, and is worth avoiding like the plague

I bought a pair of tight Diesel trousers from Tkmaxx sale when they moved sites, paid about £20. Anyway they didn't leave much to the imagination and got worn, with great doubt and hesitance, once, for about ten minutes before 'hello sailor' jibes forced me back over the road home to change... I sold a load of clobber on Ebay one time and these dodgy pants raised an impressive £80 odd quid. There's often decent stuff in there - or stuff of dubious taste that others may find appealing.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter

One heavy after-match session we'd somehow ended up in the Dog and Partridge - I had the 'eating is cheating' bitter shits come on with great urgency, and someone was in the trap so I adjourned outside to the wasteground at the rear.

I wiped my arse Indian stylee using my hand and water, from a puddle. Returned to the session clean as a whistle thanks to this quick thinking and improvisation.

The puddle did have one of those oil sheens on it though, the surface rippled and caught the streetlights during a scoop..

That's beautiful