Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1-2 Huddersfield

Gonk

Just had them on the blower saying no trains from Manchester to Bolton

Bollocks I've just remembered I'm going into Manchester after the game. Never pay attention to the trains as I usually come in the car. The one time I wanted to get the train it's not cunting running.

Sober night and drive it is then.

• Site Supporter

Bollocks I've just remembered I'm going into Manchester after the game. Never pay attention to the trains as I usually come in the car. The one time I wanted to get the train it's not cunting running.

Sober night and drive it is then.

Not nip home first and get the tram?

We could probably copy & paste the cup fred from 12 months ago & most people would say the same thing.

For me, league survival is far more important than a cup game so i wouldn't be risking any 1st choice players......even more so with the injury news about Henry & Pratley.

Huddersfield are only 4 points above the PL relegation zone, after a bright start to the season.

Bolton 'reserves' have already beaten Hudds 'reserves' away in a league match this season.

A heavy defeat would be bad for morale, but the visitors surely have less desire to progress in the cup than BWFC do.

This would have been the biggest cup fixture, in the 1920s...

1922-23 last 16 away 1-1, replay home 1-0. Huddersfield finished 3rd in league and Bolton 13th.

1924-25 last 64 (it was called first round for the last time that season) home 3-0. Hudds were league champions both that season and the previous one. Bolton finished fourth and third between FA Cup final wins.

1928-29 semi-final at Anfield, won 3-1. Bolton finished 14th in league, Hudds 16th (first time Bolton had been above them since 1922).

• Moderators

It was a pretty big cup fixture in 1976

indeed

show how interest in the cup has waned when you consider there'll be less than half the number of wanderers at tomorrows game than travelled to leeds road, that day

Most of those travelling will be premier league glory hunters, who were no doubt supporting someone else last season.  

If they were still in the Championship there would be 1K of them max.

They'll be gone in a flash once they are relegated. 

Sad, but the society we live in i guess.  

Edited by captainmed

When the cost of travel outweighs the cost of a ticket for a home game, anybus day ticket from Leigh to Bolton £ 5-60, rail replacement bus £ 2-50, match bus back to Leigh £ 3-00. I want some early quality time in Bolton Town Centre to soak up the cup atmosphere in the pubs.

When the cost of travel outweighs the cost of a ticket for a home game, anybus day ticket from Leigh to Bolton £ 5-60, rail replacement bus £ 2-50, match bus back to Leigh £ 3-00. I want some early quality time in Bolton Town Centre to soak up the cup atmosphere in the pubs.

Just drink up Leigh and pay £4 return on the match bus. Served us very well for the Burton game (ignoring the result).

Just drink up Leigh and pay £4 return on the match bus. Served us very well for the Burton game (ignoring the result).

Fancy an early sesh in Bolton, that match bus is bobbins, your only landing at the Macron half an hour before KO, and Hogarth's and the Balmoral etc will make a change from supping in Leigh. :)

It was a pretty big cup fixture in 1976

Was that the one we won 1-0 at their place with over 10,000 Bolton on? Think crowd was over 27000

If so we had a coach from the stags head daubhill there and went out in Leeds after; one of the guys knocked one of the gates down just after they opened the turnstiles and 100's got in without paying