Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

59 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Normally, yes. But a football club shouldn't be "just" a business. It's very different to a shop, a car dealership, a roofing company. Especially one with the history and status that we have. 

Anyone who buys a football club in the predicament we were in should have been prepared to put their own money in to pay staff and prevent that institutional failing, if necessary. 

What do we want?

Unlimited liability for football club shareholders

When do we want it?

Now.

Why don't you write to JC and see if he'll put put it in his manifesto.

28 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

We  have learned quite a lot from Howard.

But if I had been legal advisor to the owner of BWFC, I cannot see that I would have been at all pleased about one party, in receipt of privileged or commercially sensitive information, leaking it to the detriment of my client, whether there was an NDA in place or not..

In the first instance it was claimed by H that £16m of secured debt included £8m owed by KA to Moonshift. This was a  mistake and after enquiry it was accepted that only £5m was secured, being the amount Moonshift lent to KA to pay off the Blumarble loan. This loan had been arranged by Dean Holdsworth (and possibly others) and had been due for repayment  two and a half years previously with default interest at c.24% which KA successfully avoided.

The other £3m was unsecured, seemingly being loans from ED/Moonshift to KA that had been used to pay liabilities of BWFC, probably mainly wages. So KA was left with the liability to repay this amount to Moonshift out of the proceeds of sale, if he could get anyone to pay it or out of his family's funds if he couldn't.

Leaving aside some unlikely speculations concerning Michael James and PBP,  there was then the further contention concerning the factoring of amounts due on player sales and from the EFL. The availability of this additional borrowing seems to have helped KA persuade the EFL to give BWFC more leeway than it otherwise might have done and to  that extent was to the benefit of the club. Inevitably there will be a resulting debt due to the factoring company and it seems appropriate for the cash to be ring-fenced outside of BWFC although some of it may have been used  last month to keep the club in business.

One might wonder how the March wages will get paid.

Your weekly reminder that Ken has never done wrong by anyone and everyone saying he has is wrong. And if he did do wrong by anyone, well he almost definitely did it for the good of the club, probably. And if he didn't do it for the good of the club then well tough shit, business is business.

Chuck in something about 'FIBS' and Mark Iles doing DIY and that's basically your 'I'm not pro-Ken but I'm anti-anyone-who-ever-says-a-bad-word-against-him' starter pack.

1 hour ago, Pricey said:

When KA loaned funds from ED he did so against his shares of the club. Howard's lot bought the debt from the Davies family. KA defaulted on a repayment either before or after this purchase not quite sure when to be honest, because he defaulted they have the option to recall the shares which would put them in ownership of the club. KA had 14 days to either pay back the debt in full or hand over the shares. The deadline for this was the 2nd April but the crafty bastard claimed he didn't receive the letter at the correct address and a judge subsequently gave him another 7 days which takes us to Tuesday next week. So he either sells by Tuesday or his shares are recalled

Many thanks for explaining that one Pricey.

3 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Your weekly reminder that Ken has never done wrong by anyone and everyone saying he has is wrong. And if he did do wrong by anyone, well he almost definitely did it for the good of the club, probably. And if he didn't do it for the good of the club then well tough shit, business is business.

Chuck in something about 'FIBS' and Mark Iles doing DIY and that's basically your 'I'm not pro-Ken but I'm anti-anyone-who-ever-says-a-bad-word-against-him' starter pack.

Have you ever tried playing the ball?

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Perhaps Eddie writing of 180 million has helped Kenneth, plus high earning contracts having ended. 

He had no choice. No one in the memory of man would have bought it otherwise. His only option was to give it away with the new owner inheriting the massive daily losses due to Ed’s runnning of the club 

7 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

There isn't any, the nearest thing to suggest he was paid was this from the accounts 

"During the year the company paid £125,000 to Athos Group in respect of consultancy services. Athos Group is owned by a family member of K Anderson"

The accounts also state KA received a fee which he denied then later confirmed and that it also included bonuses

Make of that what you will

So nothing then 

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

He had no choice. No one in the memory of man would have bought it otherwise. His only option was to give it away with the new owner inheriting the massive daily losses due to Ed’s runnning of the club 

No one forced ken to buy. 

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Typical businessman. Spotted an opportunity. Acquiring a football club essentially for 150k with the idea to flip it and sell for £25m. Short term plan and short term profit

no one forced him. Absolutely not. But you can’t blame him for taking that opportunity. 

Unfortunatley for us those plans went tits up 

like a divorced couple who can’t sell their house due to negative equity so both live in it. Neither of them wanting it and both miserable as sin 

Edited by barrycowdrill

Just now, barrycowdrill said:

Typical businessman. Spotted an opportunity. Acquiring a football club essentially for 150k with the idea to flip it and sell for £25m. Short term plan and short term profit

no one forced him. Absolutely not. But you can’t blame him for taking that opportunity. 

Unfortunatley for us those plans went tits up 

Im just hoping he gets trumped on the moonshift shares. 

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Yes because potential buyers were just queuing up. 

What where the other options? 

He saw a business opportunity to make some money and it looks like he’s doing it. It’s shit how its been done but if someone said to you “Northampton are for sale, get them bought and there’s a chance you could make a few quid in the space of 3 years” ?what would you say? 

Edited by royal white

1 minute ago, royal white said:

Yes because potential buyers were just queuing up. 

What where the other options? 

He saw a business opportunity to make some money and it looks like he’s doing it. It’s shit how its been done but if someone said to you “Northampton are for sale for a quid, get them bought and there’s a chance you could make a few quid in the space of 3 years” ?what would you say? 

I don’t give a fuck about other clubs, I care that Anderson has fucked our club over and is still fucking us over, attempting to sell through Bassini seemingly to cover up his loose ownership and looking to earn millions at the same time. Now if he sells to someone with deep pockets who clears the debt and invest in the club all will be forgiven. 

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

I don’t give a fuck about other clubs, I care that Anderson has fucked our club over and is still fucking us over, attempting to sell through Bassini seemingly to cover up his loose ownership and looking to earn millions at the same time. Now if he sells to someone with deep pockets who clears the debt and invest in the club all will be forgiven. 

But what would you say if you was offered that business opportunity? He And DH had the chance because of how Eddie ran the club before. No successful business person would have touched us otherwise.

And now folk are questioning who Ken should sell us to! You couldn’t make it up. 

Anyone but ken was the shout remember. 

Just now, Pricey said:

Gentleman, you are never going to agree on this. There is a probably a huge divide between people that think he did some good and those that think he is nothing but a greedy tosser

This. I think we all knew from day one this was going to be his plan. Now it’s turned to reality the truth it hitting home.

15 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

What do we want?

When do we want it?

Now.

Another moronic post from you. It's a shame you didn't disappear a couple of weeks ago, when half the board wanted you off.

If Anderson doesn't want to fund the business, he should sell to someone who will. It appears that he has had an offer on the table for weeks but instead is risking the very existence of the football club to make a few extra quid. 

Perhaps you should lift your head from the spreadsheets and accountancy books for once.

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

What do we want?

When do we want it?

Now.

I doubt even Jesus Christ could help anyone but the staunchest believers. Besides, I don't remember hearing that he had a manifesto during the occasional church visit and Sunday School attendance.

1 minute ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Another moronic post from you. It's a shame you didn't disappear a couple of weeks ago, when half the board wanted you off.

If Anderson doesn't want to fund the business, he should sell to someone who will. It appears that he has had an offer on the table for weeks but instead is risking the very existence of the football club to make a few extra quid. 

Perhaps you should lift your head from the spreadsheets and accountancy books for once.

If I thought that all members of WW had the mindset  of the average Beeno contributor, I wouldn't bother.  I'm so sorry to disappoint you but I  don't think that's the case.

Is Ken creating a debt that would be owed back to him on sale each time he pays the wages?

If so he should be paying on time regardless. Currently he's waiting to be forced, pay staff when a game is in danger, pay players just before they can walk.

Hopefully we have new owners by the 10th, if not I don't think the players will get their wages until the 12th or whatever date they can walk again.