Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

2 minutes ago, darrener said:

Looks like Howard's mob aren't the white Knight after all, them being around will push us over the edge. Let's hope bassini can find the money 

Thinking the same myself .

Come on you bent Italian bastardo get the deal done.

1 hour ago, anthonyj said:

This makes  me think that the Bassini group have a shit load of (possibly dodgy) money and want to use the club to 'manage' it......even if it means:

1. Paying your group compensation not to recall the shared.

2.Massively overpaying for a club on its arse (by not insisting on the £13.3 million) off IC.

Still, don't know whether to be worried by this or not.....as it seems the vast majority of clubs are operating dishonestly to some degree these days imho.

I suspect that is what Citys owners do but that is a suspicion I have, same for the Glazers at united as well. 

8 minutes ago, Mantra said:

You’re going to have to explain to me how that ties in with our situation. That just confused me...

I thought he referred to the scenario where it's 2 prisoners and whether they blame the other for the crime. If they both blame each other they are worse off than if neither blames the other. If one blames the other, whilst they stay silent - the silent one gets the longest sentence, whilst the other goes free. There's normally an optimal outcome you should come to. Maybe in our case Howard's team will agree a smaller settlement, I'm not sure. Edit - Not sure which dilemma H was referring to, but this was my original thought. 

As mentioned above it's all feeling a lot less likely that they're going to get it though. 

Edited by Razaldo9

3 minutes ago, dazl1212 said:

I suspect that is what Citys owners do but that is a suspicion I have, same for the Glazers at united as well. 

I did try to dig up how the Glazers funded buying Utd.  The were unable to access sufficient funding at reasonable rates, so borrowed £135 million on a Payment in Kind note, at 14.25% annual interest over 5 years, and paid back £270 million on that.  To pay it back borrowed £330 million and paid themselves £60 million dividend.  Utd has paid more in interest payments than the Glazers originally borrowed, and yet still owe more than they originally borrowed.  But the Glazers are sat on a ludicrous amount of profit.

2 minutes ago, irvtheswerv said:

I did try to dig up how the Glazers funded buying Utd.  The were unable to access sufficient funding at reasonable rates, so borrowed £135 million on a Payment in Kind note, at 14.25% annual interest over 5 years, and paid back £270 million on that.  To pay it back borrowed £330 million and paid themselves £60 million dividend.  Utd has paid more in interest payments than the Glazers originally borrowed, and yet still owe more than they originally borrowed.  But the Glazers are sat on a ludicrous amount of profit.

I seem to recall listening to a slot on talksport regarding that.

Am I right in saying Utd could well be in the shit themselves one day if things went wrong ?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Am I right in saying Utd could well be in the shit themselves one day if things went wrong ?

Pretty sure someone would come along to buy the company. They must be as safe a bet in football as there is.

They might have to tighten belts for a while.

1 hour ago, Mantra said:

If it’s a choice for him between voluntarily liquidate and let his shares be recalled and get fucked over. I think he chooses liquidate.  

If I had to bet on the outcome, this would be my prediction.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

6 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I'd have said zero chance of that.  The debt to turnover ratio is pretty low I'd imagine, and it must make a massive profit from all those official sponsors.  I should imagine they've even got an official septic tank provider somewhere in the world. 

3 hours ago, Howardroark said:

The security is typically that they invoice the payee (other football club/EFL) and receive the funds directly before dispersing the difference to the factorer (ICI). However this invoice was replaced by one from KA......

Howard....did you used to set the questions on 3-2-1

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Blackpool still fighting their case aren't they. They went into liquidation?

It seems perverse that a bloke can put loads of people out of work, cause others to be financially worse off, and yet make some money, and yet someone else who will prevent those bad events can do nothing to stop it.

Is Ken just using the threat as leverage?

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Pretty sure someone would come along to buy the company. They must be as safe a bet in football as there is.

They might have to tighten belts for a while.

Didn’t they tighten the belt after The Special Cunt wasted many millions ?

Please excuse my ignorance as I turn my mind off normally when anything remotely involving those wankers appears on TV or social media.

1 minute ago, barrycowdrill said:

If he chooses to liquidate us, a football club that has been standing for probably 4 generations of that slimy cunts family life, walks off in to the sunset, £5m richer and carries on with his life the fucker wants stoning to death 

Spot on mate.

There's another cost to voluntary liquidation though, beyond the intense scrutiny which would likely ensue from the financial authorities. BWFC has been in existence for 145 years. There are many thousands directly and indirectly connected to it. Most of those people would be devastated and angry but other than venting their emotions online and at the ground that would be an end to it. Most people aren't violent or deranged enough to let the demise of a club, however beloved, push them into an action that could cost them their life or liberty. The fact is though there's a smaller percentage of people who don't have those same rational boundaries.

Ken would surely know that for the rest of his life he and those closest to him would be running the risk that one or more of the devastated larger number would also be a part of this second group.  I'm sure millions of pounds and a life in Monaco would help to reduce those risks, but it could never eliminate them because some people just don't care about consequences in the way normal people do. Course Ken may also be one of those people and literally not give a shit. I wouldn't want to be in that position though, money loses its allure if you're looking over your shoulder every time you spend it. 

1 minute ago, ProfessorWoland said:

There's another cost to voluntary liquidation though, beyond the intense scrutiny which would likely ensue from the financial authorities. BWFC has been in existence for 145 years. There are many thousands directly and indirectly connected to it. Most of those people would be devastated and angry but other than venting their emotions online and at the ground that would be an end to it. Most people aren't violent or deranged enough to let the demise of a club, however beloved, push them into an action that could cost them their life or liberty. The fact is though there's a smaller percentage of people who don't have those same rational boundaries.

Ken would surely know that for the rest of his life he and those closest to him would be running the risk that one or more of the devastated larger number would also be a part of this second group.  I'm sure millions of pounds and a life in Monaco would help to reduce those risks, but it could never eliminate them because some people just don't care about consequences in the way normal people do. Course Ken may also be one of those people and literally not give a shit. I wouldn't want to be in that position though, money loses its allure if you're looking over your shoulder every time you spend it. 

Sounds like you're making a plan

9 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

If he chooses to liquidate us, a football club that has been standing for probably 4 generations of that slimy cunts family life, walks off in to the sunset, £5m richer and carries on with his life the fucker wants stoning to death 

No need for that. It seems he’s being hung next Wednesday at noon.😊

Simon Jordan has laid into Bassini hasn't he?? I can't wrap my head around his bid. From nothing to a having £40 million is nothing short of miraculous. He has to have a backer, but it's the plans after the potential takeover that worries me. If they fuck him off then great but if not I just wonder what role he plays

30 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I  don't think so.The authorities bend over backwards to avoid big football clubs being liquidated, if Ken was wanting to liquidate an ice cream factory or a chain of shoe shops with the same figures he'd be able to do so but not a football club of Bolton's size, they are always given enough time to sort a deal out although that isn't what Ken wants

Edited by Roger_Dubuis

Just now, Boby Brno said:

No need for that. It seems he’s being hung next Wednesday at noon.😊

I hope your right. However my cynicism over Howard’s mob and their willingness to complete and no doubt take on a legal fight with Ken grows stronger by the day