Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 hour ago, anthonyj said:

Sorry if i've misinterpreted this post, but did'nt Howard say his group were talking to 2 previously linked groups neither of which were Bassini?

In previous thread when he came back yesterday he said he expected Bassini to complete because his group were going to loan him the money.

I think the part you're referring to is the admin option he mentioned. Don't specifically remember what he said as I only read it once before the thread was nuked. 

So where are we now? We are talking to two ofthe previously interested parties (Not Bassini) about recalling the shares, funding administration and then loaning them funds to purchase thebusiness from administration.

Are you sure pal?

What I don’t get with Howard’s comments yesterday is.. 

they aren’t willing to buy the club themselves due to the additional debt they unvcovered which cannot be recovered. 

However. They will loan the money to someone else to purchase on the basis they take over the shares when certain conditions are met (performance/ financial targets are met I assume) 

why not just buy it yourself then. Your still handing the money over. But to a 3rd party 

🤷🏻‍♂️

9 minutes ago, anthonyj said:

So where are we now? We are talking to two ofthe previously interested parties (Not Bassini) about recalling the shares, funding administration and then loaning them funds to purchase thebusiness from administration.

Are you sure pal?

He definitely said they were intending to loan Bassini (who had no backers, crooks from Thailand and then no backers again in the space of a few days) the money to complete, but he couldn't show anything to secure it against.

16 minutes ago, Spider said:

For those of us who just don’t have the time

are we

a) going into admin?

2) being liquidated

c) being bought by someone, fucking anyone?

4) paying the players?

ta

Dunno

Gave up a few weeks ago 

Que sera sera

20 minutes ago, Spider said:

For those of us who just don’t have the time

are we

a) going into admin?

2) being liquidated

c) being bought by someone, fucking anyone?

4) paying the players?

ta

Maybe

maybe

probably not

eventually

37 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

What I don’t get with Howard’s comments yesterday is.. 

they aren’t willing to buy the club themselves due to the additional debt they unvcovered which cannot be recovered. 

However. They will loan the money to someone else to purchase on the basis they take over the shares when certain conditions are met (performance/ financial targets are met I assume) 

why not just buy it yourself then. Your still handing the money over. But to a 3rd party 

🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t think you’re meant to get it. The figures are made up to smear someone who is already covered in shit. 

Don’t forget “Howard’s Boys” already uncovered the true extent of the debt (which was to rule out Bassini) and had uncovered untold riches based on the value De Havilland way of some other obscure bullshit.

My guess is that he has access to some rumours and rumblings and is clued up enough to spin a tale but much of what has been said has blurred the boundaries between being ITK, informed guesswork and outright lies. To what end he is furthering his or someone else’s agenda, who knows. 

5 minutes ago, Boothy said:

I don’t think you’re meant to get it. The figures are made up to smear someone who is already covered in shit. 

Don’t forget “Howard’s Boys” already uncovered the true extent of the debt (which was to rule out Bassini) and had uncovered untold riches based on the value De Havilland way of some other obscure bullshit.

My guess is that he has access to some rumours and rumblings and is clued up enough to spin a tale but much of what has been said has blurred the boundaries between being ITK, informed guesswork and outright lies. To what end he is furthering his or someone else’s agenda, who knows. 

Well the ‘we don’t wanna buy at that price but we will lend someone the money to do so’ stance he/ she gave yesterday told me everything. Making it up as they go along and as I predicted 2 weeks ago, they found a ‘legitimate’ reason to NOT exercise the share option 

lending money to someone who will provide assurances by securing against property who has been made bankrupt twice, has no assets and lives in a rented house was the straw that broke the camels back

but im sure he/she will be around soon to clear all this uncertainty up... 

Edited by barrycowdrill

My two penn'orth, for what its worth, which is very little... if the LoV student is right about the share recall, then it points pretty conclusively to Howard knowing something... fairly certain he's the only source of the claim it was happening... Don't get me wrong I'm skeptical about Bahraini billionaire backers, as much as I want to believe it. I'd also not be surprised if his claim that they were willing to fund Bassini is true... Lands key to all this, they'll just be after that... you can turn land into masses of cash with the right strategy. 

3 minutes ago, DLH said:

My two penn'orth, for what its worth, which is very little... if the LoV student is right about the share recall, then it points pretty conclusively to Howard knowing something... fairly certain he's the only source of the claim it was happening... Don't get me wrong I'm skeptical about Bahraini billionaire backers, as much as I want to believe it. I'd also not be surprised if his claim that they were willing to fund Bassini is true... Lands key to all this, they'll just be after that... you can turn land into masses of cash with the right strategy. 

The prospects of this have been hugely exaggerated down the years. You can make some money from it. Not nearly enough to offset running the football club. 

2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Just for clarification - is stating KA is a lying, underhanded, sneaky, trechorous  self gaining cunt who I hope has a prolonged painful death if my club goes to the wall libellous or not? 

Mods - please remove if so... 

This

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The prospects of this have been hugely exaggerated down the years. You can make some money from it. Not nearly enough to offset running the football club. 

do you remember this a few years ago just wonder if this is what howard was talking about with the reebok master plan if i remember think planning was aproved and it still stands to be

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/10122667.100m-reebok-masterplan-up-for-approval/

2 minutes ago, sleepingindian said:

do you remember this a few years ago just wonder if this is what howard was talking about with the reebok master plan if i remember think planning was aproved and it still stands to be

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/10122667.100m-reebok-masterplan-up-for-approval/

Phil Gartside's last desperate attempt to keep Eddie Davies onboard. There is certainly potential. But nobody is buying a football club to do that. If they want the land they can wait for it to be liquidated then purchase it. The land has value and development potential but not nearly enough to offset the football costs. 

14 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Just for clarification - is stating KA is a lying, underhanded, sneaky, trechorous  self gaining cunt who I hope has a prolonged painful death if my club goes to the wall libellous or not? 

This made me laugh and I agree with it all. 

25 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

I think as long as you say 'i think' or 'i was told' rather than 'stating' you can get away with most things. Or just say 'it has been alleged' or 'alluded to'