Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

5 minutes ago, TroySwoosh said:

so you've seen their business plan then? Do enlighten us

It's been fairly clearly laid out that FV's bid is reliant on owning the hotel and strong-arming the players into taking less than they're owed up front.

Neither of those were even remotely close to being agreed with the other parties, when their bid for the club was accepted.

It's chastening that there's this level of brinksmanship, this late in the day, over what are, in footballing terms, relatively small amounts of money.

It does suggest that managing expectations is going to be high on the list of FV should they finally get this over the line. 

3 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

It's been fairly clearly laid out that FV's bid is reliant on owning the hotel and strong-arming the players into taking less than they're owed up front.

Neither of those were even remotely close to being agreed with the other parties, when their bid for the club was accepted.

Not sure what your point is? FV had a plan and cash to back it up. Perhaps the plan was risky or cash not really enough. But nobody else had anything....so what do you want the admins to do?

1 minute ago, Tombwfc said:

I'd say that it is more likely that not being able to purchase the hotel has caused a major re-shuffling of finances which in turn has caused the problems regarding the players wages, I very much doubt that it was their plan to offer the players payments in installments at the beginning of this process

1 minute ago, birch-chorley said:

I’d love to know how much hard cash FV are putting on the table here, it’s starting to sound like not a lot at all

The clutching at straws view might be that they’re trying to give as little as possible to the ex players in order to free up funds to spend on the club and squad going forward. 

5 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The clutching at straws view might be that they’re trying to give as little as possible to the ex players in order to free up funds to spend on the club and squad going forward. 

I’m getting the feeling that they have zero interest in spending good money on players 

I imagine all the investment will go into making profit out of the property developments (car parks etc) 

I’m holding hope that MJ’s having equity means I’m wrong 

8 minutes ago, embankment said:

Anyone else feeling sick to the stomach ?

It's grim, and it's not good to say.....but if both Bury and Bolton fail to come up with something by the given deadline, they should both be thrown out of the league. No ifs, or buts straight out.

1 minute ago, birch-chorley said:

I’m getting the feeling that they have zero interest in spending good money on players 

I imagine all the investment will go into making profit out of the property developments (car parks etc) 

I’m holding hope that MJ’s having equity means I’m wrong 

thing is though have a good team then more people will come to the area and that means more money being spent. fill the stadiums you fill the care parks.

• Site Supporter
Best answer yet to Nixon's bluster...😂

Replying to @reluctantnicko

You don’t have a fucking clue, imagine trying to hide things when fans have been waiting fucking months to see if their team is going to actually be a team anymore - arrogant fucking prick, you cry when anybody doubts the bullshit you come out with

8:39 am - 29 Jul 2019

16 minutes ago, Steejay said:
Best answer yet to Nixon's bluster...😂

Replying to @reluctantnicko

You don’t have a fucking clue, imagine trying to hide things when fans have been waiting fucking months to see if their team is going to actually be a team anymore - arrogant fucking prick, you cry when anybody doubts the bullshit you come out with

8:39 am - 29 Jul 2019

Adolf Hitler spelt backwards. Mmmm.