Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Having a Theyby

bolty58

• Members

They say every day is a learning day. Today I learned that 'theyby' is what some LGBT types call their children until giving them the right, sometimes at 3 and 4 years old, to decide their own name and gender.

I admit to being a dinosaur in these matters but fail to understand what these fucking lunatics hope to achieve by, in my view, abrogating their responsibility as parents in the matter of child rearing and purposely introducing immense uncertainty and confusion into a young persons life when they will face enough challenges in life without this extra lead in their saddle.

How far do we let these zoons go? To the total dismantling of society as we know it? It seems to me that the total disregard (or even hatred of) social norms which have evolved over the millennia humans have been around is little more than a desire for total anarchy. If this was the net result, human kind would revert to 'the strongest wins' and the so called 'gender stereotypes' these nutjobs purport to so despise would return and quickly shatter their 'gender neutral' utopia.

I await with sure certainty the inane ramblings of our resident left leaners.

I thought it was folk from Keighley doing a clearout of stuff on an internet auction site.

I say, personally, that we should burn them, with fire. God (who I don't believe in) created Adam and Eve etc.

I also think Bolty should send his C.V. into whichever 'news'paper Richard Littlejohn scrawls for, he'd be a shoe-in if the latter pegs it.

Speaking of Littlejohn, here's the late Michael Winner, defying expectation and being hero rather than twat...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RS5S2Dio2_Y

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members
49 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Got a mate who does this, not an issue, as Sweep says it’s a minority; if folk like Bolty want to wind themselves up into a downfall of society lather, I’d say it’s more a reflection on them than anything else.

:rofl: Not wound up mateyflops. Just one of my regular grenades to provoke debate.

26 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I would imagine that it is indeed a very small minority. Hopefully social services would be on hand to ensure the child is clean, well fed and has their emotional needs adequately catered for.

Go on then - why would two lesbians not feed a child and need more help with social services?

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Go on then - why would two lesbians not feed a child and need more help with social services?

Who said they would?

Typically you chose to read into comments whatever suits.

If however, an individual thinks it's right not to name a child or accept it's gender, then they want keeping on the radar just like anyone else would be with strange attitudes toward parenting.

Allowing a kid to decide it's own name and gender at 3 or 4 years old: give me a fucking break.

If they want to make some sort of point, fine, but don't utilise a child to do so.

9 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Got a mate who does this, not an issue, as Sweep says it’s a minority; if folk like Bolty want to wind themselves up into a downfall of society lather, I’d say it’s more a reflection on them than anything else.

Really? Why did they choose to give their offspring a non gender specific name? Was is the behaviour of their child that led to it? 

3 hours ago, kent_white said:

Really? Why did they choose to give their offspring a non gender specific name? Was is the behaviour of their child that led to it? 

Yeah - lesbian couple, no behaviour as far as they’ve said, just letting the lad be what he wants. Now, it’s not something I’d do but I don’t see an issue other than they’ll be painfully right on when they get older! 

7 hours ago, stevieb said:

I did this with my first born. Dunno what the issue is.

At 4 years old we agreed on Batman Bruce as a name and t-rex as a gender

dinosaur

9 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Yeah - lesbian couple, no behaviour as far as they’ve said, just letting the lad be what he wants. Now, it’s not something I’d do but I don’t see an issue other than they’ll be painfully right on when they get older! 

Can't they just go with what he is and then deal with it in the hugely unlikely event that he 'decides' that he's actually a woman when he's gets a bit older? Always seems more about the egos of the parents than the welfare of the child to me. 

On 06/03/2019 at 08:11, Youri McAnespie said:

I thought it was folk from Keighley doing a clearout of stuff on an internet auction site.

I say, personally, that we should burn them, with fire. God (who I don't believe in) created Adam and Eve etc.

I also think Bolty should send his C.V. into whichever 'news'paper Richard Littlejohn scrawls for, he'd be a shoe-in if the latter pegs it.

Speaking of Littlejohn, here's the late Michael Winner, defying expectation and being hero rather than twat...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RS5S2Dio2_Y

Nah, Littlejohn, whilst a prick, doesn’t hide behind typos. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, kent_white said:

Can't they just go with what he is and then deal with it in the hugely unlikely event that he 'decides' that he's actually a woman when he's gets a bit older? Always seems more about the egos of the parents than the welfare of the child to me. 

Agree completely, it's the welfare of the child that's paramount.

Fwiw, I've got an extended family member, who, as a lad was always a bit odd, and uncommunicative.

Eventually, he managed to 'come out' that from the age of around ten, he'd felt he was a girl.

Went through the whole process to transition. Plenty of admiration from me- must have taken plenty of bollocks. (Yes I know).

The way this process is undertaken, is to ensure the person really does identify in that way, and is comfortable as a different gender, and not a fad or a curiosity that may pass..

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket