Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mental Health/Depression

MancWanderer

• Moderators
11 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

you usually would, go for a pint whatever. They might not open up but I'm sure they'd appreciate it

Maybe a couple of pints but don't go mental

• Site Supporter

Bloke who lives near us and I was on nodding terms with, had a couple of kids in my daughters primary school, hung himself last week. Just found out.

Just a nice chap, and it would never ever occur that he’d do it. Apparently down to depression. 4 kids.

Shakes you to the core. Horrible.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Spider said:

Bloke who lives near us and I was on nodding terms with, had a couple of kids in my daughters primary school, hung himself last week. Just found out.

Just a nice chap, and it would never ever occur that he’d do it. Apparently down to depression. 4 kids.

Shakes you to the core. Horrible.

it does, for me seeing the aftermath of someone suddenly going shook me out of any thoughts.

It was always a case of the head telling me to do it, and me fighting off the thoughts, I'm assuming others have the same issue lose the battle :(

That said, I feel having previous issues really readied me for the events of the last year and dealing with the fall out from that. 

36 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

it does, for me seeing the aftermath of someone suddenly going shook me out of any thoughts.

It was always a case of the head telling me to do it, and me fighting off the thoughts, I'm assuming others have the same issue lose the battle :(

That said, I feel having previous issues really readied me for the events of the last year and dealing with the fall out from that. 

Owning it and admitting it is massively important as I’ve learned with my youngest. It’s not “good” to see, but encouraging, that folk on here talk about it

Sadly, many don’t. Spider’s example is too common. Echoes of that Norwich City video. 

1 hour ago, only1swanny said:

Not had em for a while but the suicidal thoughts for me were like a relief.

I was never wandering about thinking I hate myself and want it all to end.

It was like a way out from my cluttered, anxious mind. The thought of just swimming out to sea and not stopping or whatever became like an addictive thought, I'd go to sleep thinking of it because it made me relax, there was an end in sight kind of thing.

Then I'd go in a mad spiral of hating myself for thinking that way when I've got a beautiful family and everything is sound.

The mind is bonkers isn't it :D

• Site Supporter
18 hours ago, gonzo said:

Not had em for a while but the suicidal thoughts for me were like a relief.

I was never wandering about thinking I hate myself and want it all to end.

It was like a way out from my cluttered, anxious mind. The thought of just swimming out to sea and not stopping or whatever became like an addictive thought, I'd go to sleep thinking of it because it made me relax, there was an end in sight kind of thing.

Then I'd go in a mad spiral of hating myself for thinking that way when I've got a beautiful family and everything is sound.

The mind is bonkers isn't it :D

it really is scary.. 

Mine was like " just end it",  "just end it".. 

Whenever I perceived i wasn't doing things to a certain standard or failing in some way "just end it". 

Been reading up on Psychosis recently, now that's a scary topic, having to get my head around it for my own piece of mind and to make sense of the world. 

1 hour ago, only1swanny said:

it really is scary.. 

Mine was like " just end it",  "just end it".. 

Whenever I perceived i wasn't doing things to a certain standard or failing in some way "just end it". 

Been reading up on Psychosis recently, now that's a scary topic, having to get my head around it for my own piece of mind and to make sense of the world. 

Madness mate. Hope that black dog is in the garden this week 🙏 

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Madness mate. Hope that black dog is in the garden this week 🙏 

i've had to put him out there for a bit this afternoon to run off some steam.

• 2 weeks later...