Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Rochdale

gonzo

Wingers are have paint on their boots they’re told to keep that wide. Which is fine if you’ve then got targets in the middle 

we have 1. no one else getting in to an attacking position. It should be Crawfords job but he isn’t doing it. He just loiters in no mans land

only time one of the wide men gambled and supported Murphy.. he / we scored 

lack of out to in runs and support from the midfield is making all the patient play in the other 2 thirds irrelevant  

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, DazBob said:

On the whole I didn't think we were too bad. Don't get me wrong, lots of room for improvement but there's the makings of a decent side there. Ultimately three defensive fuck ups cost us. First goal was far too easy getting the ball I to feet in the box, the second two was a case of our defenders backing off and backing off.

Only other real gripe is we're far too dependant on our left hand side. It was crying out to switch over to the right..  and when we did, hey presto, we scored.

Missed Bridcutt terribly today, but we need to get over that quickly.

Agree with all of that Daz - Felt sorry for the young lads today - especially 2 young centre backs, got so much potential, but their inexperience and naivety, coupled with no Bridcut to protect them led to more open chances to Rochdale as the game went on. Fair play we kept attacking and threatening till the end.

Zouma reminds me of Zat Knight, just a car crash of a defender, Sonny Graham, didn't even notice he was on the pitch, the same applies to Politic, Actually thought Luke Murphy played well when he came on and I'm not a fan of his, Dodoo also looked impressive when he came on.

I would start Murphy and Dodoo against Bristol Rovers, as the kids just aren't ready at the moment, but injuries to key senior players is just killing us.

10 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Rochdale bringing on a 16 year old RB at half time. We aren’t special. Rochdale are poor but we looked incapable of creating chances against them. Injuries definitely hurting us. But it’s more than that. We are playing out from the back but not good enough to do so and create anything.

That right back is the lad who scored against United & a lot prem teams are a looking at him. He’s not just some random 16 year old they have brought on.

• Site Supporter

We were beaten by our 2 centre halves today. No way Emmanuel should be challenging Wilba for the 2nd, that was for Senior to challenge, Emmanuel should have been with the man who scored.

Zouma thinks he’s Beckenbauer and cocked up big time for number 3.

Politic and Graham looked miles off the pace.

Sorry, I’m picking the kids out but they are either not ready or not good enough. We can perhaps get away with 2 in the team, not 4 though. We need experience back in there and quickly 

3 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Wonder why Politic got took of at half time as well, I know he wasn’t playing as good but surely he could of carried on till the 70th minute? Rather see him get more gametime than Verlinden 

Because he hasn't been contributing and we had a player on the bench who might. But anyway, I'm not convinced that we aren't playing him in the wrong position.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Zouma reminds me of Zat Knight, just a car crash of a defender, Sonny Graham, didn't even notice he was on the pitch, the same applies to Politic, Actually thought Luke Murphy played well when he came on and I'm not a fan of his, Dodoo also looked impressive when he came on.

I would start Murphy and Dodoo against Bristol Rovers, as the kids just aren't ready at the moment, but injuries to key senior players is just killing us.

Murphy?

The same, experienced midfielder who moved away from their lad for their third?

Not for me, he's had more than enough chances and is shite.

A retrograde step.

Midfield was generally bizz today, no creativity. Defence not too bad all things considered, though poor for their second.

Dad's army up top not going to do much either.

Pissed off with that showing, seemed to lack a bit of confidence at times, and we've played a lot better. 

Maybe a bit harsh, but I'm frustrated as it feels we've gone backwards a bit.

Injuries are nobbling us for sure.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Because he hasn't been contributing and we had a player on the bench who might. But anyway, I'm not convinced that we aren't playing him in the wrong position.

Me too. Seems more effective inside running at defenders. Off the front man maybe.

10 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Wonder why Politic got took of at half time as well, I know he wasn’t playing as good but surely he could of carried on till the 70th minute? Rather see him get more gametime than Verlinden 

Because he probably only touched the ball a couple of times. Not saying it was completely his fault, but the ball was only ever played out to the left.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Because he probably only touched the ball a couple of times. Not saying it was completely his fault, but the ball was only ever played out to the left.

Indeed. When Buckley played up top and ran into channels, everyone seemed more involved. 

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Also, Zouma - not got owt between the ears. Not sure you can do much with that.

Last ten minutes, forcing the game

Its just one of those things

We still had plenty time to stop that goal

29 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Another poor team from this league 

as mr grey said we are ok for a certain period, anyone who has of hopes of staying up needs to forget them 

chino Keith to piss league 2 

the constant never ending lack of wins is hard to take . 

theres summat there , though. 

Has the look of the mcfarland season about it - ok, playing alright, but *something* means we lose.

urgh, writing off the season this early. 

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Seems like we are a 60 minute team, always shocking for the last 30÷ mins, is it because of fitness, bad management, not taking your chances, bad referreering or just that we are not good enough?

2 young inexperienced centre backs didn't help, Chicksen had his first bad game, Lowe and Verlinden were sound.

We are in a losing habit and chino Keith and his backroom staff needs to sort it. 

We all see things differently. I saw Chicksen as MOM in 1st half, intelligent, crisp, accurate passing, and a fantastic overlapping cross onto Murphys head. The 1 time he gave the ball away was because he slipped. Light years ahead of what we've become accustomed to with Taylor and Moxey. Little involvement in 2nd half and didn't play well but he's a real bonus of a signing given not 1 of us had heard of him when he started at Rotherham.

25 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

the constant never ending lack of wins is hard to take . 

theres summat there , though. 

Has the look of the mcfarland season about it - ok, playing alright, but *something* means we lose.

urgh, writing off the season this early. 

Yes this season is over unfortunately 

it’s frustrating as it’s getting better but no killer punch to finish games 

39 minutes ago, DazBob said:

To be honest with you I think he would be better to play down the middle behind the striker than a winger, even though Verlinden scored today I thought he didn’t have a good game either 

All felt very flat today on the pitch and in the stands. Gutted really because that was one of the first games this season I expected the 3 points and probably why I’m so disappointed.

Too many passengers in that team today, injuries are shagging us and just when it looked like we were onto something.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

This. It’s one dimensional. And not working. He has no left foot either.

Its early days and we have lots of injuries. So fair enough.

But I see a few warning signs here. Rochdale fans say Hill is tactically not all that and stubborn. Beginning to see it.

The irony from someone who defended Parkys dross to the death 🤔

10 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

The irony from someone who defended Parkys dross to the death 🤔

Parkinson had us on the pitch celebrating after his first two seasons here. Hill hasn’t won a game yet.

Lets get real. There are good reasons why we are struggling on the pitch but we desperately need a win. And today was simply not good enough.