Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Amazon Prime Football

deane koontz

15 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Working absolutely fine for me. Only downside is Jim Begin co-commentating.

I'm loving hearing folk moaning about having to pay so many subscriptions, it's them that have made football the monster it is today. You made your bed...

Fucking planks aren't they :lol:

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, snowball said:

Yeah its crap quality keeps going in and out of focus like a shit kodi stream. Ive been spoilt by sky uhd football and this is nowhwere near. Also a lot jerkier in movement tried adjusting motion on tv to no avail. Nah you can keep it . Out of focus again now. Bollocks . Prob be ok for them as watch it on their phones or tablets. Not for me

In uhd on my telly. (I think) it was immaculate.

3 hours ago, snowball said:

That was my experience.  Will give it another go tonight seeing as others have had no problems 

Was absolutely pristine for me. 4K HDR. Looked far sharper than Sky's 4K showings.

If you had issues its probably down to your broadband supply. What speed do you get? Also are you hard wired or over wifi?

9 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Sky reduce picture to vary degree s of quality to upsell. Fact

hd on BT miles better than HD on sky. As is basic definition. 

sky are robbing cunts end of 

Interesting - I don't have BT sport. However, I've never heard that BT sport use a higher bitrate than Sky - the opposite is what many claim.

Are you watching the BT sport channel via your sky box? 

31 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Interesting - I don't have BT sport. However, I've never heard that BT sport use a higher bitrate than Sky - the opposite is what many claim.

I don’t have any Anymore  I got rid of them all. Another for iptv

but even on that platform it’s the same. 

in laws have virgin full package and Same for them 

mate of mine has sky q and her picture is much better. But as I said it’s all linked to the ability to upsell

she actually starts work at sky in January so I will get the inside track and a health discount should I ever choose to return which is unlikely 

10 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I don’t have any Anymore  I got rid of them all. Another for iptv

but even on that platform it’s the same. 

in laws have virgin full package and Same for them 

mate of mine has sky q and her picture is much better. But as I said it’s all linked to the ability to upsell

she actually starts work at sky in January so I will get the inside track and a health discount should I ever choose to return which is unlikely 

I was asking because comparing a streamed broadcast with a satellite one isn't always fair.

The bitrate over satellite is more constrained. Its why Sky shows look better when you download them from the sky box rather than watch/record the live versions - same box - same program - just higher bitrate on a download.

The Q box should look the same as the HD ones BUT generally people ask it to deinterlace by setting the output to 2160p - which in my experience can sometimes improve things over the TV doing it - which is the norm for the HD boxes as usually they are set to 1080i.  

• Members
2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Sky reduce picture to vary degree s of quality to upsell. Fact

hd on BT miles better than HD on sky. As is basic definition. 

sky are robbing cunts end of 

Sky basic standard definition  fuck me I thought I had cataracts. Virgin no issue, IPTV no issue.

I think you’re right 

2 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Was absolutely pristine for me. 4K HDR. Looked far sharper than Sky's 4K showings.

If you had issues its probably down to your broadband supply. What speed do you get? Also are you hard wired or over wifi?

Hard wired super fast broadband.  Should be sufficient Will try again tonight. Would be going some to match Sky UHD i would be more than happy with that. 

14 minutes ago, snowball said:

Hard wired super fast broadband.  Should be sufficient Will try again tonight. Would be going some to match Sky UHD i would be more than happy with that. 

You want to do a speed test to see what you're actually getting. Amazon tend to output 4K at 25Mb/s but I would say for live broadcast they might set a higher ceiling for safety. So check you get 40-50 at least. 

Honestly it looked the best I've ever seen football look. Better than the BBC's world cup streams in 4K. 

2 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Obviously can only speak from my set up. I am a bit of a perfectionist with pic quality it sends missus daft and is wasted on her tbh. Some of best uhd pic quality ive had has been from Amazon Prime shows so i will give the football another go. Had one or 2 problems with BT broadband as well thinking about swapping next month 

Just now, snowball said:

Obviously can only speak from my set up. I am a bit of a perfectionist with pic quality it sends missus daft and is wasted on her tbh. Some of best uhd pic quality ive had has been from Amazon Prime shows so i will give the football another go. Had one or 2 problems with BT broadband as well thinking about swapping next month 

Yep - because Amazon prime use high bitrates. 

If your TV can get it try the iplayer 4K stuff - the seven worlds one planet series - its unbelievable. They use super high bitrate and HLG HDR (for TV's that support it) and it looks stunning. 

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

You want to do a speed test to see what you're actually getting. Amazon tend to output 4K at 25Mb/s but I would say for live broadcast they might set a higher ceiling for safety. So check you get 40-50 at least. 

Honestly it looked the best I've ever seen football look. Better than the BBC's world cup streams in 4K. 

Yep done that and should be getting 40-50 but falls short of that periodically. Had BT out and signal is losing something as my living room is on 2nd floor. Had sky broadband before with no issues. I take your word for it and BBC 4k was brill as you say.  Wont judge amazon football will persevere.  Cheers

3 minutes ago, snowball said:

Yep done that and should be getting 40-50 but falls short of that periodically. Had BT out and signal is losing something as my living room is on 2nd floor. Had sky broadband before with no issues. I take your word for it and BBC 4k was brill as you say.  Wont judge amazon football will persevere.  Cheers

Yeah I suspect if you're dipping below those speeds that is an issue for a live broadcast stream - the demands on bandwidth are higher than a simple stream from amazon/BBC/netflix since they have to have a delay to avoid buffering and that requires a consistent speed since packet adjustments are on the fly.