Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Anyway what we going for full national esco predicted lock down or half arsed-  lock down the south and leave the north as it is?

we are getting more sanctions/restrictions up here tomorrow/Tuesday. Will include schools being closed for a period 

Something more on the way, not sure what. 

Tier 5?

Fuck knows.

• Members
8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Anyway what we going for full national esco predicted lock down or half arsed-  lock down the south and leave the north as it is?

we are getting more sanctions/restrictions up here tomorrow/Tuesday. Will include schools being closed for a period 

It’s not like the numbers are going to dramtically reduce, if anything they’ll increase. I can only see a lockdown working 

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Full lockdown

It’s what that means though. Boris also knows he’s nearly there. 3 months til a chunk have been vaccinated all being well. He will be coming it at from the point of view of what is the bare minimum we can get away with. But that’s what we’ve done already.  

I don’t want a lockdown because I know it’s going to hurt some folk financially. That’s where we need to throw the final coin at this for me. We’ve spunked loads away so let’s have a final push and borrow some more and get this done

• Site Supporter
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Lockdown, and get furloughed workers assisting vaccinations centres. Not jabbing, but phoning, manning car parks, making brews whatever is needed.

This

Id do it if furloughed. Absolutely.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Spider said:

This

Id do it if furloughed. Absolutely.

I'd make it compulsory. Utilise people's skills.

Even transport the olds where needed, or provide transport for mobile vaccinators going to those most at risk or immobile. 

Or brolly holding for those queueing in the rain.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Lots of texts landing from primary schools saying no school tomorrow

The unions have made their move

My daughters is open thankgod. Both me and her Dad are key workers. How on earth working at a car dealership is being a key worker I dont know though. 

If she wasn't allowed in school I'd have to stay home with her and that's another NHS worker not working. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, bolton_blondie said:

My daughters is open thankgod. Both me and her Dad are key workers. How on earth working at a car dealership is being a key worker I dont know though. 

If she wasn't allowed in school I'd have to stay home with her and that's another NHS worker not working. 

Have to allow key worker's kids to go in as before.

8 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Car dealers are shut up here in the main.  Most Not allowed to open. Plus with the travel bans I think the rest just haven’t bothered 

• Members
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I’m hoping I get furloughed so I can get some of the government cash as I will feel left out otherwise 

won’t happen though 

I'd love be sat at home on 80% pay but that won't be happening. Wouldn't mind the 20% people aren't getting as a compromise. Should be happy with the £25 love to shop voucher we got. 

Just now, bolton_blondie said:

I'd love be sat at home on 80% pay but that won't be happening. Wouldn't mind the 20% people aren't getting as a compromise. Should be happy with the £25 love to shop voucher we got. 

My work topped Up to 100% so some of them got a few months at home On full pay.  

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Bastards. 

Indeed.

They are the poor lambs who have had to miss family holidays as well last year.

But, don’t worry, they’ve saved enough for an extra week in the Maldives once everything is normal.

Leave them alone. Had it tough.