Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Yeah have to admit I do although I’ll be glad when the clubs are open again and the late crowd aren’t clogging the boozers at 5pm. There were some seriously pissed folk wandering around late afternoon. Girl walking down Peter Street wearing just bra, knickers and high heels face planted right in front of me and Mrs Manc. Her mate was carrying her dress

Hbwht?

17 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You'll be fine once the vaccination programme has done all adults. Obviously the sceptic numbers will be the issue- so long as that figure of around 90% is reached then we should be fine.

Iirc, age groups done so far high a very high take up rate, so hopefully that will continue and the herd immunity figure will be reached.

Really is all about the vaccine now, and daily numbers are good.

Have they stated a point where we need to be. A constant gripe of mine has been lack of clarity and defined targets. 

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, fatty said:

Have they stated a point where we need to be. A constant gripe of mine has been lack of clarity and defined targets. 

There has been plenty of discussion as to what proportion is needed for herd immunity.

As I explained earlier, Jenny Haries was interviewed earlier and said it needed around 90%.

I was a bit surprised, as I thought it would be a bit lower, but that was the figure.

I would imagine, that to an extent, the ease by which any given vacant can spread will have a bearing, amongst other things.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

There has been plenty of discussion as to what proportion is needed for herd immunity.

As I explained earlier, Jenny Haries was interviewed earlier and said it needed around 90%.

I was a bit surprised, as I thought it would be a bit lower, but that was the figure.

I would imagine, that to an extent, the ease by which any given vacant can spread will have a bearing, amongst other things

Is that 90% vaccinated and did she say 90% of what ? Ie full population, adults etc ?

• Site Supporter
Just now, fatty said:

Is that 90% vaccinated and did she say 90% of what ? Ie full population, adults etc ?

Of all those eligible. Therefore adults.

My son had the vaccine, and they said he needed to be over 16, so that will be the cut off.

Some talk of doing over 12s (secondary school kids) which makes sense, but I'm not sure it's licensed for that group yet.

20 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Of all those eligible. Therefore adults.

My son had the vaccine, and they said he needed to be over 16, so that will be the cut off.

Some talk of doing over 12s (secondary school kids) which makes sense, but I'm not sure it's licensed for that group yet.

I’d be surprised if 90% take it up. 

Anti vax twats will ruin it for all of us on that basis. If we reach the point where we hit a wall with them but keep getting restrictive measures imposed, that’s it for me and I’m ooot.  

I reckon anti-vaxxers are, in number, similar to other fringe group cunts; Tommeh's lot, poppy-burners, extreme swampies et al.

No more than 0.005% of the populace.

The rest (who refuse) are just easily-led and ill-informed m0ngs who mistake cobbling together a variety of daft beliefs, behaviours and positions as having an identity.

Socially make not being jabbed, without genuine qualified reason, akin to being a nonce, they'll soon fall in line

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members
2 hours ago, fatty said:

Anti vax twats will ruin it for all of us on that basis. If we reach the point where we hit a wall with them but keep getting restrictive measures imposed, that’s it for me and I’m ooot.  

You know what I think is funny with the anti vaxxers, one theory in particular is that as soon as we’re all vaccinated the plug will be pulled and we’ll all drop to the floor like someone has unplugged us like that matrix.

Right say that was true, then the world would be only left with the conspiracy anti vax nuts in a state of paranoia. 

The whole show ran by flat earthers, government weather control nuts and left handers.

Be great. 

23 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I reckon hardcore anti-vaxxers are, in number, similar to other fringe group cunts; Tommeh's lot, poppy-burners, extreme swampies et al.

No more than 0.05% of the populace.

The rest are just easily-led and ill-informed m0ngs who mistake cobbling together a variety of daft beliefs, behaviours and positions as having an identity.

Socially make not being jabbed without, genuine qualified reason, akin to being a nonce, they'll soon fall in line

Is that assuming that the Asian anti-vaxxers place ball ?

29 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

To be fair, it's not all, and I've got 3 or 4 folk within around 80 yards of my home that I know of that aren't having it- none Asian. 

Just hope they're few and far between.

Dog shit through their letter box ??

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Gonk said:

Somebody should organise a big anti vax rally at the NEC, then when they are all rounded up there pump the virus through the A/C

Zyklon B would be better

9 minutes ago, Gonk said:

Somebody should organise a big anti vax rally at the NEC, then when they are all rounded up there pump the virus through the A/C

Pretty much what the Chinese did. 

They were driving by bus stops blasting folk with stuff and storming office blocks etc.

7 hours ago, Gonk said:

id imagine the amount of pro VAX "stans" that have to handle raw covid viruses to put this plan into action would be pretty low. 

biological warfare usually isnt waged by hypocondriacs and people that are immunosuppressed. 

the chattle would just have to make coughing noises and after about an hour they could appoint their king. 

Anyway..

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/wuhan-lab-workers-fell-ill-24171164

• Site Supporter

I'm being refused entry to a meeting in fucking Birmingham tomorrow based on the fact I live in Bolton.

I explained that I've had a jab, that I will take an LFT test and will bleach myself beforehand, but they have asked me to stay clear.

I'm off down Deane Road with a flamethrower attached to the roof of my car.

• Members
1 minute ago, Spider said:

I'm being refused entry to a meeting in fucking Birmingham tomorrow based on the fact I live in Bolton.

I explained that I've had a jab, that I will take an LFT test and will bleach myself beforehand, but they have asked me to stay clear.

I'm off down Deane Road with a flamethrower attached to the roof of my car.

Aim for the cars with hazards on parked on double yellows