Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You're assuming he has great influence in the decision making.

Sage is there to gather advice, review it and present potential solutions to cobra.

As a member, no individual sets policy, just has input into the group's efforts.

Maybe he has none. Just don't want him in there. It's not an anti Tory thing. I think we have old fashioned government, needs a shake up. A lot of it is draconian anyway thats a different thread. You're entitled to your opinion and I respect that

21 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

We saw what was coming our way. In my opinion (if I'm still allowed one) we were too slow.  

We are all allowed an opinion. Why would you think otherwise? 
The problem now for both the government and its detractors, is when should the Lockdown be relaxed. 
The government isn’t setting a date and its critics either. 
It’s obvious that doing it too soon could cost lives. It also has an economic impact. That impact has to be taken into consideration just as it did when the decision was made to start the Lockdown.

The government has a difficult decision to make. It’s critics will be looking to take advantage of any weakness. That’s politics and probably why Cummings is involved.

Edited by Boby Brno

20 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

We saw what was coming our way. In my opinion (if I'm still allowed one) we were too slow.  

Absolutely you are allowed your opinion!

What's your opinion about when we start coming out?

2 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

We are all allowed an opinion. Why would you think otherwise? 
The problem now for both the government and its detractors, is when should the Lockdown be relaxed. 
The government isn’t setting a date and its critics either. 
It’s obvious that doing it too soon could cost lives. It also has an economic impact. That impact has to be taken into consideration just as it did when the decision was made to start the Lockdown.

The government has difficult decisions to make. It’s critics will be looking to take advantage of any weakness. That’s politics and probably why Cummings is involved.

They'll wait and see what happens elsewhere I would think and hope. I can't see much changing until June, hope we can do it earlier but doubt it, unless we see some success stories elsewhere 

10 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

They'll wait and see what happens elsewhere I would think and hope. I can't see much changing until June, hope we can do it earlier but doubt it, unless we see some success stories elsewhere 

If I remember, one of the reasons for delaying Lockdown, when many were calling for it, was that the general public would become weary of it and it would be difficult to maintain.  Well it’s becoming increasingly obvious that it’s not the general public who are becoming weary but the MSM. (and Twitter)

2 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

If I remember, one of the reasons for delaying Lockdown, when many were calling for it, was that the general public would become weary of it and it would be difficult to maintain.  Well it’s becoming increasingly obvious that it’s not the general public who are becoming weary but the MSM. (and Twitter)

And, it seems to be working.

21 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Absolutely you are allowed your opinion!

What's your opinion about when we start coming out?

I do wonder sometimes. If the opinion ain’t happy clappy enough the usual are quite happy to get abusive and shout you down. 

And when we come out? I refer you to my earlier answer. Fuck knows.

When it’s safe to do so?

9 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I do wonder sometimes. If the opinion ain’t happy clappy enough the usual are quite happy to get abusive and shout you down. 

And when we come out? I refer you to my earlier answer. Fuck knows.

When it’s safe to do so?

😇

So, following the science this time?!

16 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Wonder how many people actually read or pay attention to MSM anymore? I rarely do. My kids have no clue about them, just asked my 15yr old to name some UK newspapers. He knows 2. Ask him to name youtubers, he knows hundreds.

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

And, it seems to be working.

Boris is back tomorrow to steady the ship. 

It’s probably naive of me to think that politics would be put to one side during this unprecedented crisis but it’s always there. Always probing.  Undermining and hindering the efforts of the government and health services. 

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

The general public is twitter, and plenty take notice of the news

You seen the videos of that gangster's funeral in manc?

Plenty folk are itching for an opportunity to fuck it all off

I'd be thinking June to start relaxing restrictions if the numbers continue to fall

That means we're probably about half way through

No way we're seeing full cooperation till then

4 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Not sure I'd trust him telling me it was safe. Would you?

You said you’d go with what was safe, now you are disagreeing with yourself, Mick.

Perhaps stick with hindsight, it’s safer there!

😅

Edited by boltondiver

16 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Boris is back tomorrow to steady the ship. 

It’s probably naive of me to think that politics would be put to one side during this unprecedented crisis but it’s always there. Always probing.  Undermining and hindering the efforts of the government and health services. 

Thats all some want to do and they are usually the ones saying keep politics out of it. 

im critical of government in that this lockdown is now a farce because theres too many ways of breaking it and some folk just dont care. its getting to stage once again were the sensible law abiding people suffer until they too sack it off. but anyone saying it would be better under Labour can do one