Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

28 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I don't think they could admit it was a mistake, the minute they do they that's it, they would lose all control over telling folk what to do

Loads can see through it, but plenty will still give them some benefit of the doubt if they think there was good reason

Once they admit to breaking their own rules they'd be more fucked than they are now i reckon, because then he'd have to go

See I think they could. They don’t lose control if they say Advisor breaks rules & he’s being dealt with accordingly

Strong decisive leadership and shows us it’s not one rule for them and another for us

It’s weak minded management and leads to a more problematic future 

10 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I wonder how many of the ones complaining like fuck that Boris's last instructions were unclear are now so sure of the rules they're the ones pointing it Cummings' failings. 

If you or a member of your family show symptoms you self isolate in your home. 

This was the rule in place at the time. Everyone knew what they were being asked to do. 

Just now, jules_darby said:

See I think they could. They don’t lose control if they say Advisor breaks rules & he’s being dealt with accordingly

Strong decisive leadership and shows us it’s not one rule for them and another for us

Exactly. We have probably all had a member of staff who (usually based on ability but in recruitment good looks seems equally important 😂) is seen as ‘better’ than their peers and so get better opportunities. When these staff fuck up it has to be dealt with as it would with others. It is just coming across that Boris is scared of Cummings or he is simply above the rules. The smug prick trying to take the piss out of the press just shows he clearly thinks he is untouchable. Not an ounce of remorse. 
People have missed family funerals and been unable to say goodbye to dying relatives because of the rules. 

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I agree its weak 

If it was anyone else they'd resign or get fired if dealt with accordingly, in order to make the point that no one is above the rules

You couldn't keep him on then take government advice seriously, because he's the one advising the government

They don't want to sack him, so now we have this shit show instead

7/10

• Moderators
Just now, Morizio said:

They’ve made hard work out of this Cummings debacle. Makes you wonder why they’ve chosen this path. 

It's all a masterplan for the public to drive herd immunity seemingly of their own accord 

someonelike Cummings doesn't make such school boy errors by mistake, its all very calculated

Today programme was an interesting listen this morning - they are certainly going to try and ride it out but unless there are some real answers to the questions posed it might yet unravel and how many MPs get constituents up in arms against the decision with stories of parents dying without family around them, children not saying goodbye to loved ones etc etc This is an emotive issue as much as anything else - if they can’t come up with some answers to basic questions then they’ll need something else to distract and take the headlines. 

• Site Supporter

He’s not going to budge.

He’ll manufacture some other distraction this week to shift attention. I imagine it’ll be the green light for football to start or flights to Benidorm. Whatever calms the proles down.

11 minutes ago, Spider said:

He’s not going to budge.

He’ll manufacture some other distraction this week to shift attention. I imagine it’ll be the green light for football to start or flights to Benidorm. Whatever calms the proles down.

Yes - the school’s opening hasn’t worked, announcement on bars/pubs etc anything to give people a boost. Glittery distraction - look over here folks! 

PMQs should be worth a watch 

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

I wonder how many of the ones complaining like fuck that Boris's last instructions were unclear are now so sure of the rules they're the ones pointing it Cummings' failings. 

What does Boris's announcement on the 10th May - or anyones opinions of it - have to do with Cummings not following a different set of instructions a month earlier?

Grasping a bit there.

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

It's all a masterplan for the public to drive herd immunity seemingly of their own accord 

someonelike Cummings doesn't make such school boy errors by mistake, its all very calculated

Almost certainly an agenda we are not quite seeing

I do like the idea of Cummings

Edited by boltondiver

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

not sure how true but some bloke on R5 just now reckons loads of his wife's family and friends live in London

and further to apparently having both a brother and sister in law in London, it was his mum's birthday in April

2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

He does when his arrogance overtakes his guile

Thinks he’s untouchable 

seems maybe he was right 

7 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Loving people putting Cummings' family tree together.

I’ve moved from being really annoyed about him doing what he did, to being quizzical as to whether there was something we were missing to today of full on laughter at folk frothing at the mouths and anyone who diagrees that he should be hung is a tory cunt. 

saw tony bellew has been relabeled tory bellew by the Twitterati 😂😂 all because he pointed out about the journalists and photographers hounding him at his house and not socially distancing. 

bamk holidays with no sport are generally shit and unheard of so this should keep me amused for the rest of the day thankfully watching people implode 

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

What does Boris's announcement on the 10th May - or anyones opinions of it - have to do with Cummings not following a different set of instructions a month earlier?

Grasping a bit there.

Just an observation that the folk claiming the rules were ambiguous are probably the same folk knowing exactly which rule has been broken.

• Moderators

I think the fact its not one rule, speaks volumes

Hes gone for a full house

Rule book ripoed up and burned

And i still dont get the latest update

To me, its still confusing as fcuk

Fortunately, im now running on instinct

9 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Just an observation that the folk claiming the rules were ambiguous are probably the same folk knowing exactly which rule has been broken.

Ha!

How true!

Coronamoaners

Edited by boltondiver