Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

7 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I worked on Spinningfields 06-17 so many great pubs a few minutes walk from the office. Cask, Gas Lamp, Kings, Salford Arms, Knott, Corbieres, Nags Head etc.

Yet works do would be Slug and Lettuce, Liars Club, Revs. Every time.

Gas Lamp. Superb place

Another fan of Corbieres here, great jukebox as Rudy says. Once went in years ago though and the urinals were blocked, with it being a fairly small basement bar, the whole place wreaked of piss. Made the eyes water, supped up quickly and fucked off, could see everyone doing the same.

9 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Well, well, well I think that Sir Ralph Abercromby definitely deserves a visit

Firstly, I did know this, but had forgotten that a certain SKY football pundit wanted this place demolished but was beaten back by his own 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Ralph_Abercromby_(pub)

And then, hello sailor,  Ralph himself has previous for skirmishing with the cheese eating surrender monkeys and the local darkies 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Abercromby

Somehow seems perfect for WWayers 😎

Yep, they did well with the Neville thing

We all went in when it was announced and Mike the landlord bought everyone champagne

Oddly given the above it’s a big red pub. Their players used to have their secret Xmas party there and it is a MiB base.

But despite all that it’s a belting place. I took Gonzo and his Dad in there before the rugby final once. Pretty sure I took Smiley and Big E in once too but no idea where we’d been.

Grapes did used to be decent. Around there I’d also rate Nags Head, Rising Sun and Bridge St Tavern

10 minutes ago, boogs said:

Another fan of Corbieres here, great jukebox as Rudy says. Once went in years ago though and the urinals were blocked, with it being a fairly small basement bar, the whole place wreaked of piss. Made the eyes water, supped up quickly and fucked off, could see everyone doing the same.

Think the last time I went in I did the same. 

9 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Gas Lamp. Superb place

Desperate for a mooch round all those places as soon as I'd typed them all! Truly great city for drinking in.

Meanwhile put a pair of jeans on today for first time since lockdown it feels as weird as wearing a dress.

24 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Desperate for a mooch round all those places as soon as I'd typed them all! Truly great city for drinking in.

Meanwhile put a pair of jeans on today for first time since lockdown it feels as weird as wearing a dress.

Should we be asking how the fuck you know this 😟

27 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

It’s getting a bit moody down our local rec- pubs open, doing takeouts, all the lads who would have been out are on here and no bugger at all is social distancing. Total nonsense this now, it’s just like a normal sat!

Same outside a couple of pubs in Edinburgh earlier. 30/40 old school pisspots stood on the pavement in the rain huddled under umbrellas. Police attention elsewhere so they are just cracking on 

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

I believe its same in NQ, mate in Ancoats says it's like a festival every night on the park near him. Nothing like that round here at moment, still just saving myself for that first proper pint 

I’ve had A few takeaway pints and they were quality. But I’ve done it by having a pint stood by the car and then take some home with me. Not standing about on the streets 

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I believe its same in NQ, mate in Ancoats says it's like a festival every night on the park near him.

Load of 20 somethings whose choice is either that or stay in their tiny 5th floor flat

Just now, ZicoKelly said:

Load of 20 somethings whose choice is either that or stay in their tiny 5th floor flat

Oh not condemning it really, his balcony looks over a waste tip and a brown canal, I'd be out on the park too! 

I might be sort of jealous actually.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

Oh not condemning it really, his balcony looks over a waste tip and a brown canal, I'd be out on the park too! 

I might be sort of jealous actually.

Me neither, if i still lived in my flat I'd be down the park every night during lockdown just to make sure i don't miss tit Monday

• Site Supporter

Structural racism is to blame for the impact of Covid 19 on BAME people alongside factors ranging from social and economic discrimination and inequalities - sky news. 

So it's nothing to do with the killer virus?

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Structural racism is to blame for the impact of Covid 19 on BAME people alongside factors ranging from social and economic discrimination and inequalities - sky news. 

So it's nothing to do with the killer virus?

Truly astonishing. Those bame doctors asking for a risk assessment in the hospitals needn't worry then.