Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

When all this blows over...

17 minutes ago, Traf said:

Arehucos Oro? aka Canary islands Brasso.

It's the good shit that is...Go for a distillery tour, lovely little town is Arucas.

Ron Indio is the wankers in Parque de Santa Catalina Brasso - half the price and slightly weaker but comes in a plastic bottle, so it's still intact after one has falled flat on one's face.

Canaries are possibly the worst place on Earth to be on a binge...

5 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

It's the good shit that is...Go for a distillery tour, lovely little town is Arucas.

Ron Indio is the wankers in Parque de Santa Catalina Brasso - half the price and slightly weaker but comes in a plastic bottle, so it's still intact after one has falled flat on one's face.

Canaries are possibly the worst place on Earth to be on a binge...

I thought the Oro was the 1yr old shite, is it not?
I know Arehucas do some nice rums, but always thought the Oro was the runt of the litter.

If I drink spirits, rum is my go to drink. I've got some nice Brugal Extra Viejo and Ron Zacapa here.

• Site Supporter

Only been once, to Gran Canaria 20 years ago. Hotel was full of old Germans who were rude as fuck. Didn't matter as we were out a lot but the place just seemed moody to me, in one week there one gay bloke at our hotel got the shit kicked out of him and another girl just about escaped a likely rape by a gang of lads, a taxi driver of all people helped her. Considering there were only a handful of Brits in the hotel it was a bit worrying. Plus there were fucking cockroaches everywhere, hate them little fuckers.

30 minutes ago, Traf said:

I thought the Oro was the 1yr old shite, is it not?
I know Arehucas do some nice rums, but always thought the Oro was the runt of the litter.

If I drink spirits, rum is my go to drink. I've got some nice Brugal Extra Viejo and Ron Zacapa here.

Nah, the Oro Arehucas is the Ron Miel - honeyied rum, slightly weaker than the white or dark but smooth as a kitten's chin. Everyone drinks Arehucas on the island - prince to pauper. 😉

5 minutes ago, Traf said:

I like a honey rum from time to time as a change. Drank loads of that Honeybee stuff in Goa.

Nah, you're right - the Oro is the new piss.

All goes down same hole...

The honey stuff is dearer and not as abundant in bars.

Anyway I like the Indio - that is pretty much trampjuice.

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Traf said:

I like a honey rum from time to time as a change. Drank loads of that Honeybee stuff in Goa.

We filled our boots when we saw that a 750ml bottle was cheaper than a 250ml by a couple of quid for some reason

45 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Only been once, to Gran Canaria 20 years ago. Hotel was full of old Germans who were rude as fuck. Didn't matter as we were out a lot but the place just seemed moody to me, in one week there one gay bloke at our hotel got the shit kicked out of him and another girl just about escaped a likely rape by a gang of lads, a taxi driver of all people helped her. Considering there were only a handful of Brits in the hotel it was a bit worrying. Plus there were fucking cockroaches everywhere, hate them little fuckers.

I wouldn't go to some resorts in the south for free, now or then...

It's the northern Europeans, including Brits and latterly mainland Spaniards, slavs and Russians make them package hellholes.

Las Palmas is ace - a big city with a clean three mile beach and loads of nice places about a €3 bus trip away.

We had a 'shithole holiday' thread on here a while ago - people writing off entire countries - shortsighted imo.

Shitholes are cheek by jowl with nice places everywhere.

11 hours ago, Traf said:

We stayed at Anfi, last time we went to GC, it wasn't bad, far less scroaty than Puerto Rico.

As for the North, I quite liked Las Canteras.

Anfi Tauro? 

I hate you...It wasn't a resort before, just a beach. 

Hippy Paradise in the 90's - ruined by golf twats. 

On a similar theme Las Canteras is a shithole - avoid! 

14 hours ago, Traf said:

I'm looking forward to getting the house back to myself, cracking on with trying to resurrect my business and moving it forward.

As for pubs, I'm not remotely interested in going anywhere near one for the first fortnight they're open. It'll be a like a 2-week long New year's Eve, with wankers clogging the place and all the pent-up testosterone on display : brawls everywhere.

racing to go at from monday is good news for you eh mate?

4 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Anfi Tauro? 

I hate you...It wasn't a resort before, just a beach. 

Hippy Paradise in the 90's - ruined by golf twats. 

On a similar theme Las Canteras is a shithole - avoid! 

No, Anfi Beach, Patalavaca.

And las Canteras was many years ago.

• Site Supporter
On 26/05/2020 at 19:13, ErnestTurnip said:

Always fancied the same, get up to Scotland where you can wild camp and just get lost for a bit.

Once went wild camping in Wales by the side of a lake called Cwm Bechan, basically up a mountain from Llanbedr between Barmouth and Harlech. 

We'd taken all provisions, tents and a canoe to ferry it all to the opposite side of the lake. 

We'd been there about three or four days when we saw a policeman looking at the car so three of us paddled across to ask what he wanted. (It was an open decked canoe)

It seemed a young lad in his twenties had murdered his mother with an axe and they'd had reports that he may be in hiding in the mountains.  He asked if we'd had any food or cooking equipment and knives stolen, which we hadn't.

Surprising how stuff like that concentrates the mind and encourages you to walk around with a fucking big stick in your hand at all times. 

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Once went wild camping in Wales by the side of a lake called Cwm Bechan, basically up a mountain from Llanbedr between Barmouth and Harlech. 

We'd taken all provisions, tents and a canoe to ferry it all to the opposite side of the lake. 

We'd been there about three or four days when we saw a policeman looking at the car so three of us paddled across to ask what he wanted. (It was an open decked canoe)

It seemed a young lad in his twenties had murdered his mother with an axe and they'd had reports that he may be in hiding in the mountains.  He asked if we'd had any food or cooking equipment and knives stolen, which we hadn't.

Surprising how stuff like that concentrates the mind and encourages you to walk around with a fucking big stick in your hand at all times. 

😂

A big stick v an axe???

Ah well, you survived...

12 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

EFA.

The land that time forgot.

Genuinely thought we'd end up burning in a wicker cock the few times we've been.

Just like Jez North outside Dredgemore nick. Though without the astonishing sense of community and sense of a job well done.