Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next Manager

TroySwoosh

Next Manager Poll  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

In summary...

Over 200 votes fairly evenly split between Ricketts, Clough, ANOther n Nolan.

Every other named candidate in the vote has received support.

Over the course of this thread almost 30 names being seriously touted, with most being rubbished by at least one other person.

Just goes to show what a difficult decision it is for FV to make.

imo they have already made up their mind, it’s a brave decision to get rid of hillcroft, so u wouldn’t do that unless u had a plan. That’s how FV work.

Lets hope they get their man (or woman) 

Its a shame the vote couldn't be more representative by having a top 4 (for eg) in order of preference (I realise that's a big ask!  Great to have the vote set up at all).  I would be happy with Evatt, Adkins, Ricketts and Clough in that order.  But how Clough can get about 20 times more votes than Adkins surely isnt a reflection of their respective abilities?  I'd take Adkins before Clough all day long, I'd say their track records are fairly similar - 6.5 or 7 out of 10 - but Adkins personality, man management and ability to connect with the fans over Clough by a mile.  Not saying Clough couldnt be good, but 20 times more popular?  

2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Its a shame the vote couldn't be more representative by having a top 4 (for eg) in order of preference (I realise that's a big ask!  Great to have the vote set up at all).  I would be happy with Evatt, Adkins, Ricketts and Clough in that order.  But how Clough can get about 20 times more votes than Adkins surely isnt a reflection of their respective abilities?  I'd take Adkins before Clough all day long, I'd say their track records are fairly similar - 6.5 or 7 out of 10 - but Adkins personality, man management and ability to connect with the fans over Clough by a mile.  Not saying Clough couldnt be good, but 20 times more popular?  

More popular he played for Tranmere and Wigan So that will go against him 
He did well at Scunthorpe and Southampton but it’s been down hill since but would of thought he sees himself above a league 2 job if he walked from hull can’t see him applying to be honest 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

More popular he played for Tranmere and Wigan So that will go against him 
He did well at Scunthorpe and Southampton but it’s been down hill since but would of thought he sees himself above a league 2 job if he walked from hull can’t see him applying to be honest 

He did a good job at Hull tbf, they were in the shit when he got there.  They battered us when he was manager.

He then walked away as he was unhappy with the owners and I think he's still not in a job.

Problem with some of these managers out of a job is they will still possibly be getting paid by old employers. So they take a new job they are giving that money up. Or have to negotiate a settlement between them and the other clubs. So we need to rely on that and make our offer worth them giving that pay packet up for potentially. 

just a thought 

1 hour ago, Steejay said:

He did a good job at Hull tbf, they were in the shit when he got there.  They battered us when he was manager.

He then walked away as he was unhappy with the owners and I think he's still not in a job.

You beat me to it, no way has it been downhill for him since Southampton. Outstanding at Hull, really got them going on zero budget and all that fan protest stuff going on.  I guarantee if he took over here he'd have the fans buzzing after a few weeks with his vision and enthusiasm, far more so than (as said above) the monotone Clough or Grayson for eg.

• Members
2 hours ago, Horwich said:

Illes guessing that compo wont be a problem and posted another picture of Barrows manager

currently  8/1

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/18521509.bolton-not-ruling-paying-compensation-manager-search/

Fans are voicing their support for David Lee. Who are these fans?

Is Peter Kenyon still with us in some capacity? 

10 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Fans are voicing their support for David Lee. Who are these fans?

Is Peter Kenyon still with us in some capacity? 

A bloke wrote a letter to the BN the other day https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/18520534.readers-letter-bolton-wanderers-must-appoint-david-lee-manager/

I reckon Tobias has read that and thought, "That's that job done, the public have spoken"