Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shite couriers

Rudy

• 3 years later...
  • Site Supporter

FEDEX. Missed a delivery earlier in the week as I was working away. Spent about an hour yesterday trying to speak to a human, but just got the same infuriating Artificial Intelligence woman voice on every single number I tried. No matter what you say, you always end up with the same useless "You'll need to go to our website" answer. The tracking number they left on the "Sorry we missed you" card isn't recognised on their website. Utter fucking cunts.

On 05/12/2020 at 12:33, Rudy said:

DX 

If there is a more incompetent courier company in this country I would like to meet them. 
They have been notoriously shite lately but my word this week takes the gravy.

Ordered some cables for some equipment at work, this was Sunday night, should have been here guaranteed Monday. 
Nothing, no big problem. Tracked it, at the depot. Rang them, it was on the truck be here latest Wednesday. Still nothing

so I rang them, seems to be lost in transit. Ordered some more, to be here Friday guaranteed. Nothing

Called them. Apologised. They will track it. Called me and said it’s on its way to the depot will call me when it’s physically in his hands. Brilliant.

Calls me, he has it in front of him. I said right keep it there I’ll come and pick it up, said they’re shutting but tomorrow (Saturday) I can pick it up from the depot. 8am they open. So I turn up anddddddddd

Depot shut today.

Wankers. Fuckin wankers.

this was probably made up nonsense to

• Site Supporter

Amazon delivery on Monday at Miss Fogarty's house, driver a little bloke with an oriental look about him.

I opened the door, Wilf the Dog gave a little bark of welcome, the driver chucked the box into the hall takes a quick snap, said 'Okay,okay' and off he fucked.

If he'd hit me or Wilf with the box he'd have got his arse kicked. Fung fu or no Kung fu.

12 hours ago, Cheese said:

FEDEX. Missed a delivery earlier in the week as I was working away. Spent about an hour yesterday trying to speak to a human, but just got the same infuriating Artificial Intelligence woman voice on every single number I tried. No matter what you say, you always end up with the same useless "You'll need to go to our website" answer. The tracking number they left on the "Sorry we missed you" card isn't recognised on their website. Utter fucking cunts.

Tip for anyone ordering stuff online 

When you go to checkout look at which courier they use

Download the said courier’s app

Track your delivery

Use the app to then follow your delivery, divert, or delay if needs be

Mrs Manc is in the courier business. Using apps is miles more efficient for them and you

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Track your delivery

Mrs Manc is in the courier business. Using apps is miles more efficient for them and you

I used to know a girl who was high up in the courier/delivery business. She worked for just about every big player. Each one head-hunted her and paid her big money for jumping ship and going with them. Each time she’d re-negotiate deals with previous clients and each time she’d make massive bonuses. Then she’s be head-hunted again, change company and the cycle repeated.

She made a fortune!

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

I used to know a girl who was high up in the courier/delivery business. She worked for just about every big player. Each one head-hunted her and paid her big money for jumping ship and going with them. Each time she’d re-negotiate deals with previous clients and each time she’d make massive bonuses. Then she’s be head-hunted again, change company and the cycle repeated.

She made a fortune!

Why did she packet in?

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Track your delivery

The fedex app didn't recognise the tracking number either.

14 hours ago, MickyD said:

She made a fortune!

Aye I remember asking Mrs Manc if she knew her but she didn’t. 

7 hours ago, Cheese said:

The fedex app didn't recognise the tracking number either.

Then that’s really shit service. Have you tried contacting the retailer? Your “contract” is with them and they are ultimately responsible for delivery. Pain in the arse I know but it’s worked for me in the past

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Then that’s really shit service. Have you tried contacting the retailer? Your “contract” is with them and they are ultimately responsible for delivery. Pain in the arse I know but it’s worked for me in the past

It wasn't a retail purchase. It was some IT stuff I orderered through our work IT department. I've just asked them to divert it to my office rather than my home address so it stays internal. Should've done that in the first place really. Lesson learned.

Edited by Cheese

7 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It wasn't a retail purchase. It was some IT stuff I orderered through our work IT department. I've just asked them to divert it to my office rather than my home address so it stays internal. Should've done that in the first place really. Lesson learned.

Ah OK 👍 

Edit: Company I work for stopped using FedEx a while ago after multiple issues and moved to DPD

Edited by MancWanderer

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, MancWanderer said:

Ah OK 👍 

Will avoid ever using Fedex again though! Fucking shite service. Infuriating that you can't speak to a human when the tracking number THEY left isn't recognised on THEIR system.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Cheese said:

It shouldn't make any difference though really. Unless you live in a cave or up a tree and it's got a valid postcode on it they should be able to manage it.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, FrancisFogarty said:

It shouldn't make any difference though really. Unless you live in a cave or up a tree and it's got a valid postcode on it they should be able to manage it.

They attempted to deliver it to the correct address. It was just the follow up after missing the delivery that it all went tits up.

5 hours ago, Cheese said:

Will avoid ever using Fedex again though! Fucking shite service. Infuriating that you can't speak to a human when the tracking number THEY left isn't recognised on THEIR system.

I had no choice in the matter but I ended up working for FedEx after they merged with TNT and became the dominant partner. Let's just say the expectation levels they put upon their drivers were interesting. I'm not surprised the level of service has been effected. 

I'm no longer in that game. Thank God.