Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Celebs you'd love to windmill

bolton_blondie

3 hours ago, H said:

Harry Hill

Went to see him live with a few mates and left for the pub at the interval. He's a bigger pillock live than on TV.

See I love Harry Hill but he is definitely a marmite comedian.

If we're allowed to nominate lasses for a windmilling then Jo Brand and all the Khardshian/Jenner witches if any ladies would be so kind

5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

See I think Jo Brand, Harry Hill and Eddie Izzard are all great, and really funny.

Agree on Harry and Eddie but Jo Brand is on my shitlist thanks to being unable to sleep when in hospital with my first collapsed lung and having to lie through one of her stand up shows on Dave and it failing to raise even a smile. Although the Ross Noble one on afterwards hurt from laughing so i had to turn it off. Possibly her being clinically unfunny was a good thing.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Ffs! It's gone all fucking J K Rowling, You lot get windmilling each other while I get back to the original thread.

John Barrowman and Elton John

2 John's for the price of one.

How can you not like John Barrowman!! 

4 hours ago, Sweep said:

Sorry to hear that, obviously it's not easy to understand, especially for some older folk like Bolty, but it must be strange to live with. One of of our friends (well a bloke who we see in the club on a Friday and Saturday sometimes) has a child who is also confused, this only came to light about 18 months ago, when they found out she (born a girl) has been hurting/cutting herself - I don't know all the details, as you don't like to pry, but from what I can gather she's struggling with the fact that she's not a boy, from what I can tell, it turns out she'd been feeling like that for about 10 years. She's about 15 or 16 now, and I all over the place from what I can gather. I've not seen the bloke for the best part of a year, for obvious reasons, so don't know what the latest is, and what help she's managed to get. You're right though, it does sound a bit harsh for somebody to refer to another human as "it"

Sounds very familiar to a teenager I know.

19 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Dont mind Harry Hill, he's just daft, but the other 2 are in the super-cunt category and both deserve a fully fledged windmill up their arse!

Don't get the hate for Izzard, one of the funniest people to do stand-up.

I get there's a slightly more prosaic level which certain people like.

He did a recent podcast for my place of work, totally unsable as he just drifted off into these great flights of fancy which were great but not something we could use. Got replaced by Ben Miller, who was a better presenter, but he's nowhere near as good as a comedian.

• Members
1 hour ago, frank_spencer said:

Agree on Harry and Eddie but Jo Brand is on my shitlist thanks to being unable to sleep when in hospital with my first collapsed lung and having to lie through one of her stand up shows on Dave and it failing to raise even a smile. Although the Ross Noble one on afterwards hurt from laughing so i had to turn it off. Possibly her being clinically unfunny was a good thing.

Has Jo Brand moved on from 'jokes' about her being fat and her husband useless?

Just now, Rudy said:

Richard Pryor 
Dave Chappelle 
Bill Hicks 
Bill Burr 
Kevin Bridges

I don't mind any of them, certaily not Hicks and Pryor, but the others are just ok. Funny, but not great, like Izzard.

Bridges is good but he's not doing nowt new, Chappelle probably my least favourite.

I prefer more surreal stuff, things that aren't as direct, something that seems totally new.

Boosh, Vic & Bob, Python, Partridge, Chris Morris, Eddie Izzard, Spike Milligan... love James Acaster's live shows, love to see him do Cold Lasagne Hate Myself 1999 

2 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Miranda Hart and Hugh Dennis. Unfunny bastards. 

Again, not having a bad word about Hugh Dennis - top man, super bright, funny and works like a carthorse. Nothing too much troubled despite him being really busy all the time. I've alays like him on the Now show, not so much Steve Punt I have to say.