Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The John Peel Radio Show.

leigh white

Been dead a while now nearly 17 years, when I was in my early teens I thought the music he played in the late 60s was shite, then he moved on from the prog scene and started airing punk bands on his show in 76, the man was always open to anything what folk sent him on a tape. One group he plugged was these.

He was the big supporter of new music in the 70s, I used to listen to him all of the time. We went to a Status Quo concert at Cardiff Castle (1975?) where he was the compere and we bumped into him in a late night curry house after, he invited us to join him as he was dining alone and we had a good criach. He also used to DJ at BIT every term in those days.

• Site Supporter
Just now, bolton va va said:

Anyone remember which was his favourite ever record........1st time he played it on his show, he played it twice consecutively ? 

Be something by The Fall I imagine

1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

Remember him relentlessly playing Teenage Kicks and plugging The Undertones and SLF in particular. He also really went for this which is one of my favourite songs of all time.....

Laura Logic was the sax player when I watched X-Ray Spex at Belle Vue in 77.