Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile In America

Zico

12 hours ago, royal white said:

But you must admit it’s a bit bizarre. There doesn’t seem to be much, if any evidence. Some People who have been randomly picked for the jury decide it’s probably happened then bang you’re hit with a 5 million fine. 

what you mean pick 12 random people for jury, how do we do it in the UK, I think we pick 12 random people.

Also the lady had 2 witnesses on the stand, trump brought no one, just his deposition which was a car crash

32 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

what you mean pick 12 random people for jury, how do we do it in the UK, I think we pick 12 random people.

Also the lady had 2 witnesses on the stand, trump brought no one, just his deposition which was a car crash

Yes it’s bizarre aint it. 

1 minute ago, royal white said:

Yes it’s bizarre aint it. 

I don't think so, the man cant keep his mouth shut, if he had said fuck all when her book came out, then this would not have happened. He will just say it's freedom of speech which ok it is but its not free of consequences, and consequences hes avoided up until now, believe it or not using the US Justise system to his advantage, sue people tie them up in court time after time with delaying tactics which he can do because he is rich and try's to run out the clock which he has been very successful at until now.

There is a reason they tell you that you have the right to remain silent, but old bone spurs as yet to read that memo.

35 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

I don't think so, the man cant keep his mouth shut, if he had said fuck all when her book came out, then this would not have happened. He will just say it's freedom of speech which ok it is but its not free of consequences, and consequences hes avoided up until now, believe it or not using the US Justise system to his advantage, sue people tie them up in court time after time with delaying tactics which he can do because he is rich and try's to run out the clock which he has been very successful at until now.

There is a reason they tell you that you have the right to remain silent, but old bone spurs as yet to read that memo.

Don’t know about you but if someone wrote a book and wrongly claimed that I raped them in it I doubt I’d be keeping my mouth shut. 

Each to their own like. 

31 minutes ago, royal white said:

Don’t know about you but if someone wrote a book and wrongly claimed that I raped them in it I doubt I’d be keeping my mouth shut. 

Each to their own like. 

Best to say what you need to say in court 

2 hours ago, royal white said:

Each to their own like. 

There was DNA available from her clothing. It was not used in the case.

If it had been Trumps it would have put real questions on his version that he did not know her. 

If it had not been Trumps it would not be conclusive but certain makes story less credible.

Trump originally refused to provide a sample and her lawyers did not demand it. Strange that neither team thought it would help. Trump offered it but late in the day and with conditions on the offer 

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

There was DNA available from her clothing. It was not used in the case.

If it had been Trumps it would have put real questions on his version that he did not know her. 

If it had not been Trumps it would not be conclusive but certain makes story less credible.

Trump originally refused to provide a sample and her lawyers did not demand it. Strange that neither team thought it would help. Trump offered it but late in the day and with conditions on the offer 

The last bit is Trumps MO, hang on and hang on to stretch it out as far as possible then make up some BS as to why he cant do it then try and drag it out again over and over again. The courts have now got wise to him and are not playing ball. The judges had him this time after he spouted off about having to leave Ireland to "face is accuser" , the judge asked his lawyers with he would take the stand at which point he got a negative from them, but to cut out the later the BS the judge (this was on Friday) said that he had until 5-00pm Sunday to say if he was going to take that stand or not, that took out the excuses that he didn't have chance to air his side off the story, the Judge pulled the rug from right under him.

• Site Supporter

Trump supporters/defenders are either brainwashed or thick. Those are the only explanations I can think of. If I supported/liked a politician, then saw a video of them saying "I can sexually assault women whenever I want because I'm famous", then dozens of women came out saying he had done exactly that, I'd immediately drop my support and want them locked up. It's fucking weird that people are so entrenched in their bizarre admiration for him that they can't see it. Nutters.

Edited by Cheese

11 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Trump supporters/defenders are either brainwashed or thick. Those are the only explanations I can think of. If I supported/liked a politician, then saw a video of them saying "I can sexually assault women whenever I want because I'm famous", then dozens of women came out saying he had done exactly that, I'd immediately drop my support and want them locked up. It's fucking weird that people are so entrenched in their bizarre admiration for him that they can't see it. Nutters.

Its not just Trump - its across all aspects of popularism. As I've said, I'm interested what's going to happen to some of these people as the dial inevitably shifts, what fringe style parties/leaders will pop up? We see it on here as the pendulum moves some people are digging in deeper and defending all sorts they wouldn't have previously ever considered.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, royal white said:

And whilst all these charges/allegations/crimes are stacking up against him his popularity is growing. He’s playing to his crowd. 

what a country 

Growing? Or just the same swivel-eyed barn full of inbred rednecks?

Think we know.

20 minutes ago, Spider said:

Growing? Or just the same swivel-eyed barn full of inbred rednecks?

Think we know.

its growing within the GOP base, but not with the Dem's and Independant's, so even if he wins the republican nomination the chance in the election is getting less and less. And I would imagine after yesterday even more will have peeled off.

As showed with the mid-terms, they can put a nuter supported Trump up, but they cant win. He  as already lost 3 elections in a row, 2 midterms and 1 Presidental. not a good record he also lost the popular vote to Clinton by 3 million.

7 minutes ago, royal white said:

They chose for the last election and those same 2 names were the best the country could muster. Embarrassing 

Time will tell on that, also at this point in time Clinton was so far in front of Obama it was unreal, Obama won the dem nomination. 

At the moment the GOP are going back to their play book of throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks, on the other hand Trump as still some far more serious legal issue to come.