Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tea bags.

• Site Supporter

Remember a little while back when plastic in tea bags was in the news?

Out of curiosity, I went onto Yorkshire Tea's website and found a load of information about how they've got rid of oil based polymers and are now using plant based PLA, polylactic acid. Can now be degraded in industrial composting facilities, but not at home it explained. 

Got me wondering, so found this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.3dnatives.com/en/pla-filament-230720194/amp/

All is not well in the world of tea bags. :(

Really are fucking ourselves over!

loose tea from now on.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Remember a little while back when plastic in tea bags was in the news?

Out of curiosity, I went onto Yorkshire Tea's website and found a load of information about how they've got rid of oil based polymers and are now using plant based PLA, polylactic acid. Can now be degraded in industrial composting facilities, but not at home it explained. 

Got me wondering, so found this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.3dnatives.com/en/pla-filament-230720194/amp/

All is not well in the world of tea bags. :(

Really are fucking ourselves over!

loose tea from now on.

Come come

nuclear bomb

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Tetley exclusively at home, Yorkshire at work and the apprentice makes a brew the colour of George Boateng which he thinks will get him out of brewing up but doesn't.

Used to work with a bloke who used to make the worst bastard brew, he would maul the bag round the cup with the spoon and squeeze the shit out of it. Always ended up with a fucking awful bitter brew. He was from Ipswich so that tells it all.

I'm throwing this out there now... I've got the most different tea bags of anyone... 

And by 'tea' you need to embrace shit fruit teas and such. But basically my Mrs did dry January and instead of spending 300 quid on prosecco spent it all on different tea bags. 

Yorkshire - the standard. The one I drink daily. Aldi. Cheap as fuck. 

Coop 99 - been in the cupboard years. Bought when aldi was shut one time and now serve as emergency tea bags. They'll do. 

Twinings... 

Vitality 

Glow 

Defence 

Boost 

Focus 

Digest 

Turmeric 

Beetroot - not bad

Heartea - not bad 

Calm

Sleep

Inner strength 

Inner clarity 

Inner peace

Camomile and honey 

Lemon and ginger 

Pure green tea

Pukka

Night time 

Chamomile vanilla and manuka honey 

Love 

Relax 

Tulsi clarity 

Aldi

Lemon and ginger

Peppermint 

Absolute batshit crazy ones that someone just plucks weeds out of their garden and send them in an envelope... 

Inca immune booster tea 

Inca hormone balance tea 

Inca moon cycle soothing tea

Someone... Please... Anyone make it stop. 

• Site Supporter

Had teapigs stuff once- may have been a present. 

Stevie, replace those fancy buggers with bog standard bags that happen to be of similar size/shape and see if she notices, perhaps spray a little pot pourri refresher as well.

Anyway, I've emailed the yarkshire gits, and asked why I can't get decaf loose. Will report back.

Just now, Winchester White said:

Finest tea I have ever tasted was in Sri Lanka. I would go back for the tea alone, utterly wonderful.

Same here, on a plantation in Sri Lanka, coming back from Kandy (I think) it was ace, but fucking expensive to buy......so I didn't bother

• Site Supporter
Just now, Sweep said:

Same here, on a plantation in Sri Lanka, coming back from Kandy (I think) it was ace, but fucking expensive to buy......so I didn't bother

The tea everywhere was ace, the hotel we stayed at was just epic at tea brewing, pity the rest of it was shite but the tea was just wonderful.

We did a plantation visit on the way to Kandy, was really interesting and we bought loads of tea, it wasn't expensive at all when we went but this was nearly 20 years ago! It just wasn't the same though back home, nice but nowhere close to how they mastered it.