Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stockport FAC

bwfc2003

For reasons I'm still not sure of I decided to walk there and back today and all the way home all I could think was predictable, pedestrian, poor and then I log on and that's all been used already.

We could have that done and dusted by half-time and instead made a bang average non-league team look like they were playing at the same level as us.

• Site Supporter

Think the word for today is frustrating. 

Final third is a worry. Isgrove is excellent just sometimes takes the extra touch instead of a cross then misses the opportunity. 

Thought we were a bit laboured, lacked that bit of intensity and ability to shift it up a gear especially after we went two up. 

Today was very similar to the final few mins at Hillsbourough would’ve liked us to show a bit more urgency.

There was plenty moaning in the East Stand today, one chap was screaming at Lee that he hadn’t done anything. Very odd behaviour. Others were demanding hoof ball. 

Heard Neil get a mention at half time which was lovely. 

10 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Could well be on TV as it’s the most likely game for a “shock” result.

Agree but they don’t always go for that these days.

Its between ours, Plymouth v SW and Oldham v Ipswich. 

Ours has got to be favourite though.

Edited by captainmed

• Site Supporter

We can stop questioning formations, IE, referees or anything else after that performance. Certain players need to take a good long look at themselves & either shape up or ship out. We had a few players playing with any urgency.... Lee, Isgrove & MJ, Gordon when he came on (& I'll leave Thomasson out of the criticism). Dapo came & went in spells.... The rest really need a rocket up their arses. 

Before anyone chips in, I'm not saying those I mentioned played brilliantly but they played like it mattered. 

Think Evatt is off the hook for me on this. He picks strong teams for the cups.

We have similar issues to last season where I believe the current crop aren’t good enough to play the Evatt way in L1 and I think he will rip the squad up again as opposed to change formation. 

Defensively we are a mess and no one gets a pass with me at the moment than Jones and John to less extent.

Quite a good game ( neutrals would have enjoyed it if they were allowed in  💣) & a draw was probably about right.

!st half we were the better team but we never really got going in the 2nd half, with none of the subs impressing. Stockport weren't bad & we never got to grips with the big centre forward, no 22.

MOTM easily Dapo & we're getting a bit over dependent on him to produce something.

Definitely in for the replay, it could be quite lively & I still fancy us to come through.

Some inept, comedy policing after the game when no Bolton fans were allowed to get towards C-O-R but had to go up the steps & round the retail park & up the road out of the retail park towards C-O-R..........where we came face to face with Stockport fans who'd been sent the other way round !!!!

As it was, I didn't see any sign of trouble, but it meant we had to walk a lot further into what was made into a real potential flashpoint.

Edit....i meant Chorley New Rd

Edited by bolton va va

We could have been two up before we handed them the lead.

Fought back well to get in front. That dozy moment in first half injury time cost us big time .Second half was laboured but we still had enough of the ball in & around their penalty area to have won comfortably.

Regardless of formation etc our set pieces are lamentable.Surely we can improve on these & crab a few goals like our opponents seem to do.

Was John sub through injury or because he wasn’t playing very well?

Thought Gordon did ok.

13 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Some inept, comedy policing after the game when no Bolton fans were allowed to get towards C-O-R but had to go up the steps & round the retail park & up the road out of the retail park towards C-O-R..........where we came face to face with Stockport fans who'd been sent the other way round !!!!

As it was, I didn't see any sign of trouble, but it meant we had to walk a lot further into what was made into a real potential flashpoint.

Edit....i meant Chorley New Rd

Absolute joke blocking off the hotel exit to east stand, anyone parking on hotel must of been fuming. It’s fuckin Stockport FFS!! Not Millwall.