Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Yorkshire County Cricket Club

deane koontz

Just now, Cheese said:

So what point were you trying to make when you posted:

To me, that reads as "Some pundits are unqualified and only got the job because of their sex/race". Maybe I'm misunderstanding you?

Where does it say under qualified which is what you state I said? 

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

That's the problem, and you've just admitted that the best pundits for footie are blokes.

Senerio:

Sky super Sunday, Liverpool v United, Spurs v Arsenal, they require the best 4 football pundits in the land.

Pundits: Souness, Roy Keane, G Neville and Carragher (like it or not, they are).

There's no females taking the place of any of the above, it isn't bigotry or anti-women, its a fact.

...and don't ask me for evidence like Cheddar bollox!

He’s agreeing with you 😎

Just now, Mr Grey said:

Just making sure, compounding my bigotry or intended bigotry.

Women's football, women's punditry is shit and its way behind the men's game and men's punditry, that is a bonified fact. 

I would agree and then would question why they are pundits on elitelevel men’s games. We all know. Even fromage knows. 

53 minutes ago, Spider said:

Whatever the criteria is, Micah fucking Richards definitely has pictures of Rupert Murdoch giving a horse a blow job, because in no way is he any good at punditry.

Not having that at all. Love Micah. Would have him above any other pundit on the telly at the moment

• Members
1 minute ago, MancWanderer said:

Not having that at all. Love Micah. Would have him above any other pundit on the telly at the moment

I think he’s great, you need a bit of a light pundit to break it up. Keane loves him aswell 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Cheese said:

You think a dead person deserves the job over a female or non-white person?

I'm joking of course. But this "box-ticking" theory is absolute bollocks. Does anyone question the number of black footballers in our squad? Does anyone think they're only in the squad to "tick a box"?

Saying someone is only there to "tick a box" is a fucking disgusting thing to say. And yes, it's racist. 

Watch yourself again with your accusations unless you wish to say it face to face? I don't wish to listen to womens opinions on Premier league football & neither do I think men should be giving their 2 penneth on women's football. There's plenty of candidates that have played in their respective sports without shoe horning people in just to appear 'right on'. 

I won't take offence at your distasteful joke about a deceased person as I'm sure you will be suitably offended on my behalf. 

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

20 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I think he’s great, you need a bit of a light pundit to break it up. Keane loves him aswell 

Same here, he's refreshing & hilarious but ultimately very knowledgeable about top level football. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Spider said:

Whatever the criteria is, Micah fucking Richards definitely has pictures of Rupert Murdoch giving a horse a blow job, because in no way is he any good at punditry.

See i think he's good, comes across as insightful and knowledgeable, and eloquent 

I've also no problem with female pundits, or more to the point male ones rarely impress me, so it's hardly a pre requisite to knowing how to talk a good game

But regards box ticking, they never seem to get the big games for commentary, Watford v Burnley at best, but if they're serious give Guy Mowbray a day off and let a woman do Liverpool v Utd 

The arse bandit who has just come out.

Lovely.

Anyway, ignoring some of the odder messages on this thread, I actually prefer the analysis of decent journalists rather than just because youve played the sport. It's good to have an inside knowledge but if you can't articulate it, its useless. See Steve 'that's what I am talking about' Claridge.

Clinton Morrison is crap, and it's got bog all to do with skin colour. He's just not very good. Yesterday on five live, it's just a liternay of cliché and the most obvious statements, some of which contradict each other.

But, there has to be more diversity in representation on our screens. As RWs post above outlines, we've still got a long way to go.

12 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

The arse bandit who has just come out.

Lovely.

Anyway, ignoring some of the odder messages on this thread, I actually prefer the analysis of decent journalists rather than just because youve played the sport. It's good to have an inside knowledge but if you can't articulate it, its useless. See Steve 'that's what I am talking about' Claridge.

Clinton Morrison is crap, and it's got bog all to do with skin colour. He's just not very good. Yesterday on five live, it's just a liternay of cliché and the most obvious statements, some of which contradict each other.

But, there has to be more diversity in representation on our screens. As RWs post above outlines, we've still got a long way to go.

Get a grip you fanny. 

• Members
10 hours ago, Cheese said:

You think a dead person deserves the job over a female or non-white person?

I'm joking of course. But this "box-ticking" theory is absolute bollocks. Does anyone question the number of black footballers in our squad? Does anyone think they're only in the squad to "tick a box"?

Saying someone is only there to "tick a box" is a fucking disgusting thing to say. And yes, it's racist. 

Oh do fuck off. Spider and CaptainMed were spot on. Cunts trawling back 10-30 years to find something which today is objectionable to try to ruin people is as low as you can get in my book. I don't give a fuck for YCC - they can crash and burn never to be seen again for all I care. Fuck all these crass motto's we are being bombarded with too  - for example "Stop hate' (good luck with that one, shall we stop envy, avarice and coveting another mans wife whilst we are at it?). Absolute bollocks because it is something primeval in the human race which will not be eliminated by some glib mantra from some nanny state social engineer seeking the warm glow of virtue in the eyes of others.

The biggest irony with you and your ilk is your haste to label others racist, fascist, nazi etc. Your sort - the legion of 'find something to be outraged about' wankers can't see that when you seek to control what people say, read or think, you are going down the exact path which leads to totalitarianism. That is exactly what the Nazi's and the Bolsheviks did - that ended well did it not?

Evelyn Beatrice Hall attributed the statement 'I might not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it' to Voltaire. Freedom of speech is quite possibly the most important pillar of democracy. The world might have to  ruefully acknowledge the veracity of this statement when it is all too late.