Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gary Speed

Rudy

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Zico said:

I suggest you visit the battle nips thread, the feeling you got guessing just one if not both nips correctly can make your day

Or guessing none whatsoever, knowing that quite soon, the number grid will become see through.

Oh, sorry, did I type that out loud? 🤭

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I know mental health’s a shitter but I cant forget the victims in his suicide, his sons and wife…. That’s where my thoughts are when Speeds anniversary comes along. Why Speedo why!!! 🥲

It pulls at the heart strings mate.

Gutting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On 28/11/2021 at 02:26, mr_disco said:

I am not a football player. If there was a button I would have pressed it a long, long time ago. It's really hard living with depression. I take medication and they help. I love Bolton Wanderers. But I do not like life. I lurk on here because it gives me a sense of chat, which I don't have in my life. I read your lives and they make me smile. Your take on life is beautiful, filthy and abhorrent sometimes but it keeps me going. I love you all xx

Nothing anyone can say can change your mindset but take it from someone who has been through depression and still going through it, talking to someone and listening or even writing it down really does help , even on here.

Someone giving their advice on depression doesn’t help but someone listening does.

We’re are more than just deviant vile druggy thugs who put mushy fuckin peas on their Christmas dinner.

• Members
1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

Nice story regarding Speedo's missus re-marrying, I wish her all the happiness in the world 

In a weird way athy id imagine that’s all Gary wanted for her to be, just a shame he couldn’t see didn’t need to go to help her achieve that. 

1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

I think it is a long time (10 years) to be on your own after such a tragedy, she has to get on with life, after what she went through (and probably still is) she deserves a new happiness

10 years. The kids are both grown and both working/studying in New York. The very best of luck to her.

• 1 year later...
On 27/11/2021 at 11:51, Big_Sharps said:

I remember at the time being torn between how sad it was and how he could do that to his family as even 10 years ago we still didnt really understand mental health properly.

Ive often thought about on the darkest of days but I never ever would and it just shows what a bad place anyone must be in to do that.

We are so lucky to have seen him play, what a fucking player and just oozed leadership. They dont make them like Gary Speed anymore.

Will be honoured to celebrate him on the 6th minute.

:(