Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Football Ventures

Mounts Kipper

4 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

To be fair Dan was just starting to show some ability before his injury but he’s not a kid any more and we can’t keep saying he’s showing promise.

He really wasn’t. The bar was so low that he’d done something like actually completed a pass in the box which led to a goal and that counted as progress.

As is usual, this then built as he was out to the myth that he was just turning good when he got injured.

He then soon brought everyone back down to reality when he got back on the pitch at the end of the season.

One of the most baffling decisions Evatt has made with us, especially considering he got to try before he bought (and all and sundry could see he was dogshit).

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

He really wasn’t. The bar was so low that he’d done something like actually completed a pass in the box which led to a goal and that counted as progress.

As is usual, this then built as he was out to the myth that he was just turning good when he got injured.

He then soon brought everyone back down to reality when he got back on the pitch at the end of the season.

One of the most baffling decisions Evatt has made with us, especially considering he got to try before he bought (and all and sundry could see he was dogshit).

Spot on apart from his goal at Bristol his loan period wasn’t exactly the best to earn a permanent move at the cost of 300k

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Irrespective of where you put his bar, he had started to improve.

Probably counts for nothing though, and we'll see what happens in the coming weeks.

28 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Irrespective of where you put his bar, he had started to improve.

Probably counts for nothing though, and we'll see what happens in the coming weeks.

In the same way that I’ve improved my chances of running a marathon by downloading the couch to 5k app 😂.

Like you say, be interesting to see how it pans out as I imagine he doesn’t fancy being 4th choice striker, which he would be based on current options and that’s a without us replacing Jerome or BOD (assuming they leave) which I imagine we would look to do and would likely therefore mean he’s 5th choice! All points to us taking a hit to move him on as I just can’t see how anyone pays us back what we paid considering his time with us.

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, auckland_bwfc said:

Big Dan as a winger in 4-3-3 evattloutuin. 

Given he was seemingly very happy to set up others, you may be onto something 😀 

I'm not sure we've got the cash to be trying to get rid and bring in others, given the early splurge to bring in Collins.

Maybe a loan, but he'd have to be a decent one or it would just be another "lesser" player barely getting a game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, tomski said:

I genuinely feel nothing to the regime. No good. No bad. I think they’ve made a big fuck up this year but would love them to prove me wrong

Did Sharon Brittan injure Baxter, Santos and Charles?

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, tomski said:

Keeping IE. Keep up. That was last season

So you're judging them on things that haven't happened yet?

9 hours ago, tomski said:

Seen it before though. The parallels are ridiculous 

Unless you look at promotion under Big Sam where it took us 3 stabs at the play offs to go up?

Or under Ian Greaves where it took us 4 attempts I think?

Just now, gonzo said:

Unless you look at promotion under Big Sam where it took us 3 stabs at the play offs to go up?

Or under Ian Greaves where it took us 4 attempts I think?

Yeah I hear you but I know where I think it will go next season. 

Can’t be sure till we see the squad but it feels like a hangover is coming rather than a we need to kick on just one more place.

....or we don't get obliterated by injuries this season, we stop missing open goals and Charles and Collins form a deadly partnership and we go up as champions.

Come on Tomski lad.

Just now, gonzo said:

....or we don't get obliterated by injuries this season, we stop missing open goals and Charles and Collins form a deadly partnership and we go up as champions.

Come on Tomski lad.

I prefer your version. Let’s hope