Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Smells a bit like 1993 all this....

gonzo

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I think it's more like the 88/89 season.  Newly promoted, up and down throughout the main part of the season with a brief worry we were about to go back down.  A storming run at the end being too late but giving great hope for the following year.

As long as it doesn’t mean we spend the next 2 seasons losing in the play-offs 😂

21 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Bet @Leyther_Matthas booked  London accommodation for play off weekend.

Just in case 😉

I had a variety of hotels reserved until I found out I'll be working on the Sunday so will have to do a day trip. What's worse is that when we beat Cambridge, other half asked me had I already sorted hotels so clearly she's as mad as me 😂

11 hours ago, gonzo said:

Saturday was our Mansfield away when Seagraves scored...

Dion Charles coming in Jan is the same as McGinlay.

We've finally got some bollocks and the team look as together as Ive seen anyone.

A proper unit who all back the gaffer.

Sqaud depth second to none.

Its happening Im tellin ya.

1993 all over again...

Been having the same feeling for a while now

If we pick anything up at Oxford it's on

Cleverly booked a holiday the weekend after the last game of the season around the time we lost to Hartlepool. This will 100% mean a clash with at least one leg of the play off semis.

Hard to guess the dates of play off semis these days, they used to be lumped together but now Sky likes to basically have one a night over the course of about 10 days when they pretend to give a fuck about the rest of the EFL.

PS- Not that I think we'll make the play offs anyway 😉

Edited by Marc505

9 minutes ago, gonzo said:

What date would the semis and final be matt?

In a hypothetical situation of course*

7 minutes ago, Rudy said:

21st May is the final 

3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Cleverly booked a holiday the weekend after the last game of the season around the time we lost to Hartlepool. This will 100% mean a clash with at least one leg of the play off semis.

Hard to guess the dates of play off semis these days, they used to be lumped together but now telly likes to basically have one a night over the course of about 10 days.

Only a fortnight between the final day of the season (7th) and the play-off final (21st). All shifted because of the end of May Bank Holiday being pushed back to early June.

My hunch would be they'd want to leave a week between the semi final and final, so first legs Tues 10th/Wed 11th May (good luck organising tickets, travel and time off work for that one) and second legs on Sat 14th/Sun 15th.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just can't see anyone getting up to the top two.

Wigan lost last night, but it would take a spectacular dip in form by them. They have lots of games in hand too.

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Its nice to have some belief. A few weeks ago we were staring down the barrel of a gun. There’s no way I’d have been arsed to go to the last 2 Tuesday night matches. Arriving under the East Lower last night, couldn’t believe how packed it felt. Definitely a real feel-good factor about the place right now.

Thankfully, and by total fluke, my summer holiday is 23rd May. Phew! That was close.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, desperado said:

72 points average over last 10 seasons  gets 6th spot 

9 wins 3 draws 4 defeats

Achievable - all still to play for 👏👏👏

COYFWM

Don't see 72 points being enough this season. 6th currently have 53 is it? Surely they'll win 7 games out their last 15 or so - or if they don't teams in 7th or 8th would over take them.

We might well get 72 (big ask) but I reckon 76 or 77 will get 6th this season and we'll end up on 67 or 68

• Members
36 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just can't see anyone getting up to the top two.

Wigan lost last night, but it would take a spectacular dip in form by them. They have lots of games in hand too.

I’d rather have the numbers on the board