Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Money still not landed to pay anyone and the owner and his step father who funds it still uncontactable 

Please tell me they’re actually Wanderers fans.

The money doesn’t land this week it’s curtains for them as the owners have clearly decided not to fund it anymore 

Calling off ST sales for next year then complaining about liquidity issues doesn’t tally up. They clearly don’t want another creditor. The reason they wrote off the £8m they were owed (it wasn’t new money put in as some think and converted to shares)  Makes what little attraction that club has a little bit better 

51 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Talking to a Wigganer at work reckons it's all made up lies because nobody likes them and are jealous of what they have achieved, and being a bigger club than Bolton, I just walked away from the deluded cunt, but that is how thick they are

I feel your pain I have the same issues where I work deluded half wits !

1 hour ago, barrycowdrill said:

The money doesn’t land this week it’s curtains for them as the owners have clearly decided not to fund it anymore 

Calling off ST sales for next year then complaining about liquidity issues doesn’t tally up. They clearly don’t want another creditor. The reason they wrote off the £8m they were owed (it wasn’t new money put in as some think and converted to shares)  Makes what little attraction that club has a little bit better 

Thick Wigan bastards are blaming Ticketmaster for non-selling of season tickets - to me that shows the club are going tits-up - they obviously cant sell tickets for next season when they know they wont have this club next season - current directors would be liable for refunding the fans out of there own pocket - thats if normal insolvency rules apply

16 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Thick Wigan bastards are blaming Ticketmaster for non-selling of season tickets - to me that shows the club are going tits-up - they obviously cant sell tickets for next season when they know they wont have this club next season - current directors would be liable for refunding the fans out of there own pocket - thats if normal insolvency rules apply

I thinks that's correct and if that situation isn't sorted its the biggest clue that the owners are bailing out. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, auckland_bwfc said:

Someone please explain the jelly and ice cream reference?

When we were in a similar amount of shit, some of the Wigan supporters took to social media to arrange a party with jelly and ice cream.

49 minutes ago, tomski said:

Liquidity issues unless I’m mistaken means they’ve not enough money in the business to see them through. Fwiw I hope they get sorted and just fall down by being shit which I think will come naturally.

The last occasion they were instructed by the EFL to deposit 125% of their monthly wage costs in to escrow so any instances in future it could be paid from that. There’s 2 rumours, 1) the did deposit it but then paid the wages out of it and subsequently not topped it back up to the required 125% 2) they never deposited the money 

either way, they don’t seem to have the money or will to stand their commitments 

Nothing "in the bag" on this yet. All the signs are promising that the owners have lost interest and they're totally fucked. 

If the ownership does pull out perhaps we need to unite them and the previous dodgy owner to advise any loons who might subsequently want to take them on. Overall message: "Don't do it, they are tinpot non-league cannon fodder who have been massively punching above their weight since peg-leg appeared on the scene." 

Perfect chain of events if we don't go up? They get relegated, have a summer of turmoil, end up with points docked for next year, have to field a patched together side of yooths and freebies and there's an early season fixture against none other than Bolton Wanderers.