Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

3 hours ago, desperado said:

Just had a brief flick through.

Not sure how to quote from there onto here.

But there are quite a lot of “non-hating” posts not wishing oblivion on us.

Posts about not wishing this in anyone, local rivalry, terrible owners, RIP to Eddie Davies, minority of obnoxious fans, sympathy for non payment of staff etc etc

Listen I’m far from their biggest admirers. Cant stand those muppets who came over dancing round the stadium. 

And I’m very much in the camp of these shouldn’t be in the same stratosphere as us, so the sooner we overtake them, thrash them along the way the better.

Anyone 30+ would never consider them a rival, but you are kidding yourselves if you think the youngsters think the same.

I like games where there’s an edge, with a big away following, an excitement about beating a local team. Much more entertaining than Forest Green.

But let that be as we pass them by in the league and the odd cup game, keeping us firmly as their superiors.

Well articulated.  Agree with every word.

Currently losing 0-2 at Burnley,  which is nice. Plus been down to 10 men since 28m, even nicer.

Then this statement was issued this morning ...

WIGAN ATHLETIC CONFIRM DELAY IN MEETING WAGE OBLIGATIONS

• Wigan Athletic confirm delay in wage payments after liquidity issues
  • EFL aware of current situation and the Club has taken steps to rectify situation moving forward
  • Club emphasises financial strength of ownership group who are committed to the Club.

Wigan Athletic can confirm that there has been a delay in meeting wage obligations.

Whilst responding to media speculation is not typical of the Club's standard approach, we would like to assure stakeholders that this is a temporary matter which is promptly being resolved.

The Club has been disrupted by recent liquidity issues and this continues to be the case, hence the current situation. The Club wants to emphasise that the financial strength of our ownership group remains robust and they are committed to supporting the Club. 

Wigan wage delay could mean penalty NEXT season

Exclusive

By Alan Nixon

Wigan Athletic’s late wages are in danger of meaning a three-point penalty NEXT season.

The Bahraini owners have yet to put across the funds to pay the salaries of management, players and staff and they may not be in banks until later this week.

That would mean that the Thursday deadline for points deductions being applied THIS SEASON was passed.

Latics now look certain to be punished by the EFL as it emerges that instructions to pay on time and put cash in an account were ignored.

The penalty could now be carried over which will be a handicap next season.

40 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Wigan wage delay could mean penalty NEXT season

Exclusive

By Alan Nixon

Wigan Athletic’s late wages are in danger of meaning a three-point penalty NEXT season.

The Bahraini owners have yet to put across the funds to pay the salaries of management, players and staff and they may not be in banks until later this week.

That would mean that the Thursday deadline for points deductions being applied THIS SEASON was passed.

Latics now look certain to be punished by the EFL as it emerges that instructions to pay on time and put cash in an account were ignored.

The penalty could now be carried over which will be a handicap next season.

What I read was that this deadline was 'after the 4th Thursday in March'. So Friday the 24th.

I mean, good. I hope it's sooner.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

What I read was that this deadline was 'after the 4th Thursday in March'. So Friday the 24th.

I mean, good. I hope it's sooner.

Perhaps if, as the article says, they didn't put a month's wages into an account as instructed, then they're being punished separately. 

I noticed Nixon tweeting earlier in reply to some worried pie-men. He was reminding them that if they get on a sticky enough wicket for admin to become reality they've fuck all assets to sell this time having flogged them all last time.

Surely they're going to run out of scabby luck this time. 

57 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I noticed Nixon tweeting earlier in reply to some worried pie-men. He was reminding them that if they get on a sticky enough wicket for admin to become reality they've fuck all assets to sell this time having flogged them all last time.

He'd probably deny it, but Nixon lives for scared out of their minds football fans pleading to him for any scrap of positive information when their club is on its arse.

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

They still own the stadium and the training ground