Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Them Wigan C **nts.

Burndens Bogs

12 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

When there are so many potential nothing games throughout the divisions, we’d be a whole lot poorer if we didn’t play them every now and again. Same as Bury, really. Yes they’re tinpot and yes they’re a bit chippy, but give me 20k+ vs Bury or Latics over Forest Green’s 37 away fans any day of the week. 

Agreed - didn’t mind Bury but hate all the real non league teams like FGR, Wycombe, Cheltenham and that also includes Wigan - we would be better off with the likes of York and Southport 

50 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

When there are so many potential nothing games throughout the divisions, we’d be a whole lot poorer if we didn’t play them every now and again. Same as Bury, really. Yes they’re tinpot and yes they’re a bit chippy, but give me 20k+ vs Bury or Latics over Forest Green’s 37 away fans any day of the week. 

Exactly.  I've seen enough of the FGRs and Cheltenhams (try finding a taker for spare STs for them games).

Wigan in a similar boat as Burnley and Blackburn and maybe Blackpool, PNE etc.  I enjoy a bit of rivalry and some rare "edge" to games and look forward to either winning games against them or being above them in the league.  No desire to see them go pop but yes it would be funny to see them in league 2 or below.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Exactly.  I've seen enough of the FGRs and Cheltenhams (try finding a taker for spare STs for them games).

Wigan in a similar boat as Burnley and Blackburn and maybe Blackpool, PNE etc.  I enjoy a bit of rivalry and some rare "edge" to games and look forward to either winning games against them or being above them in the league.  No desire to see them go pop but yes it would be funny to see them in league 2 or below.

Burnley, Blackburn, Blackpool, Preston are our traditional local rivals, the pie eating fuckers gate crashed and aren't welcome

Had to laugh at this Wiggins:

Beware the Ides of March...

I'd take League Two/National League football under safe and secure local investors over the endless financial catastrophes of the last three years.

Nobody knows if there's truth to any of this yet but, unfortunately, if a club that's recently been football's equivalent of an active volcano starts billowing smoke again the people of Pompeii are rightly gonna assume there's more pyroclastic flow heading their way.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Jelly & Ice Cream, is a dish best served cold.

Yes, he who laughs last, lasts longest. They had very little (if any) sympathy when it was Bolton in the shit. Fuck ‘em!

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Don't have any sympathy for Bolton fans kdz. They're a horrible set of barstewards and deserve everything what's coming to them.

If this was happening to us do you think they'd be sympathetic? Would they hell.
They took great pleasure laughing at us on the early 90s as we headed towards oblivion and they got back into the upper tiers of English football.

I hope we go up and they go down and our paths never cross again.

They are a classless vile lot, every last one of em.

The whole club from the cleaners to the old guy in the stands they properly hate us .It really is not normal.

It looks like they are going to drop this season so if the suspended points deduction is applied it probably won't make a difference. Hopefully it goes on next season .

Fuck em

13 minutes ago, batton carrier said:

I hope we go up and they go down and our paths never cross again.

They are a classless vile lot, every last one of em.

The whole club from the cleaners to the old guy in the stands they properly hate us .It really is not normal.

It looks like they are going to drop this season so if the suspended points deduction is applied it probably won't make a difference. Hopefully it goes on next season .

Fuck em

Usually any points deduction would be applied the following season.

it did in our case anyway.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

19 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Usually any points deduction would be applied the following season.

it did in our case anyway.

After Leeds some years ago declared administration at a time calculated to mean the points deduction came in the same season they were due to be relegated anyway the rules changed.

Now, if relegated anyway they're tagged off your next season's points, as the season begins.

If you're not relegated they come of this season's ... & may drop you into the relegation zone.

Don’t like to see clubs going through the shit it’s a shame for all associated with the club. Had a lot of sympathy for bury in spite of their dislike for us. But this lot can get to fuck. Fall in to oblivion then get to fuck some more. I will enjoy every minute, every statement, every worried tweet. The sooner they die the better 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Just had a brief flick through.

Not sure how to quote from there onto here.

But there are quite a lot of “non-hating” posts not wishing oblivion on us.

Posts about not wishing this in anyone, local rivalry, terrible owners, RIP to Eddie Davies, minority of obnoxious fans, sympathy for non payment of staff etc etc

Listen I’m far from their biggest admirers. Cant stand those muppets who came over dancing round the stadium. 

And I’m very much in the camp of these shouldn’t be in the same stratosphere as us, so the sooner we overtake them, thrash them along the way the better.

Anyone 30+ would never consider them a rival, but you are kidding yourselves if you think the youngsters think the same.

I like games where there’s an edge, with a big away following, an excitement about beating a local team. Much more entertaining than Forest Green.

But let that be as we pass them by in the league and the odd cup game, keeping us firmly as their superiors.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, desperado said:

Just had a brief flick through.

Not sure how to quote from there onto here.

But there are quite a lot of “non-hating” posts not wishing oblivion on us.

Posts about not wishing this in anyone, local rivalry, terrible owners, RIP to Eddie Davies, minority of obnoxious fans, sympathy for non payment of staff etc etc

Listen I’m far from their biggest admirers. Cant stand those muppets who came over dancing round the stadium. 

And I’m very much in the camp of these shouldn’t be in the same stratosphere as us, so the sooner we overtake them, thrash them along the way the better.

Anyone 30+ would never consider them a rival, but you are kidding yourselves if you think the youngsters think the same.

I like games where there’s an edge, with a big away following, an excitement about beating a local team. Much more entertaining than Forest Green.

But let that be as we pass them by in the league and the odd cup game, keeping us firmly as their superiors.

Pretty much where I’m at I suppose. I want to hammer them as we pass them.

If these end up mirroring what Oldham & Scunthorpe are going through, the only tears I’d shed would be from laughing

14 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Sounds plausible, all quiet from Kendrick so let’s wait and see. 

Given the club statement talking about "Liquidity issues" i think we can now safely say the share issue was a conversion of monies previously loaned. 

I am wondering if Mike Keegan at the Daily Mail who has been on their case since this outfit took over is right in when he said this last october 

However, Sportsmail has been told that wages due on Friday did not land in bank accounts as expected, leaving some in Leam Richardson's squad considering their futures.

It can also be disclosed that third parties have been approached and asked to find potential buyers for a club that came close to liquidation only two years ago.

A figure of around £15m has been quoted, according to those with knowledge of the situation, which is understood to be close to five times what the current owners paid to bring Wigan out of administration in 2021.

If the current owner took over purely with the intention of flipping it and making a quick profit (after investing heavily to gain promotion at the first attempt), then it makes every sense to stop funding it now when you have put in £15 million which he now has, knowing  having had it up for sale at that price for several months, there is zero interest and no one is ever going to buy it for anywhere near that amount.  

in other words time to cut your losses 

There's a long way to go with this yet. We've had a jelly and ice cream out before and the turd has popped back in to the pan just as we thought it had flushed. 

What's in it for us if things do get exceptionally bleak for them? Those saying they value the edge matches v them bring - we had that edge against Blackburn, Blackpool, PNE, Burnley... even Oldham for many years. We didn't play Bury all that often until the second half of the 80s. Them not being around or not in our sphere wouldn't be a problem for me in that regard. 

Those of us with long enough memories will recall a time when our support base/catchment area included lots of folk from Wigan. It's hard to know if that still exists to any degree, I don't think there's any doubt the advent of Wigan Athletic eroded it. It's not really affected our support in Atherton and Leigh but certainly the town of Wigan itself. Is that retrievable? Probably only marginally. 

Whatever happens they'll get no sympathy from me. Pretty much all of the above mentioned Lancs sides would get some degree of that in the same situation. Does that mean I "hate" Wigan more? No. It means I disrespect them more.  To varying degrees the others are worthy rivals. These are no-marks johnny come lately characters with a fixation about us. Good riddance if (big if) they end up on skid row.

27 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Given the club statement talking about "Liquidity issues" i think we can now safely say the share issue was a conversion of monies previously loaned. 

I am wondering if Mike Keegan at the Daily Mail who has been on their case since this outfit took over is right in when he said this last october 

However, Sportsmail has been told that wages due on Friday did not land in bank accounts as expected, leaving some in Leam Richardson's squad considering their futures.

It can also be disclosed that third parties have been approached and asked to find potential buyers for a club that came close to liquidation only two years ago.

A figure of around £15m has been quoted, according to those with knowledge of the situation, which is understood to be close to five times what the current owners paid to bring Wigan out of administration in 2021.

If the current owner took over purely with the intention of flipping it and making a quick profit (after investing heavily to gain promotion at the first attempt), then it makes every sense to stop funding it now when you have put in £15 million which he now has, knowing  having had it up for sale at that price for several months, there is zero interest and no one is ever going to buy it for anywhere near that amount.  

in other words time to cut your losses 

Looks to me that was his intention and why they panicked when sacking 2 managers hoping to at least stay up but that looks a slim chance atm. 
I have no sympathy for them feel for the staff ( not the players) but living and working in Wigan I had nothing but gloating from the shit tics fans so what goes around comes around!