Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Update

Think the reported 40 k a week might have something to do with it.

I think if we could afford to offer him that then Blackburn could afford to do the same? Its good sign to see players choosing us over teams who are rivals in the league.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Blixa

Shame Fat Sam didn't push the boat out a bit further for Franck Ribery a couple of years back - we'd be pissing money left, right and centre now! ::lol::

Weve bid 500k for Paul Robinson from West Brom so ive just been told. Even he is worth more than that isnt he? or is contract running down? :pardon:

i rated him about 5 yrs ago for us, but now he would just be a fring player. JLS first choice at left back with ricci to stand in if req'd. not a first team player for me this guy. I hope it's not a case of "old mates favour" to when megson was boss at WBA?

i rated him about 5 yrs ago for us, but now he would just be a fring player. JLS first choice at left back with ricci to stand in if req'd. not a first team player for me this guy. I hope it's not a case of "old mates favour" to when megson was boss at WBA?

By the way; Thank for the updates Tylswhite, I appreciate them

• Moderators

seriously, my opinion is that to be classed a reasonable signing, the player has to be better than the current back up - robinson fits the bill

a good signing needs to be better than the current first choice - robinson cant be worse than samuel

Bolton Wanderers have not renewed their interest in Sporting midfielder Miguel Veloso, his agent has exclusively told setanta.com.

The Portugal international was the subject of a formal approach from The Trotters during the winter transfer window but Sporting were unwilling to accept ?12 million for one of their star players who has also attracted interest from Arsenal and Manchester City, amongst others.

Recent reports claimed that Bolton manager Gary Megson has made a renewed attempt to lure Veloso to The Premier League and that a deal could be struck due to issues regarding the player?s relationship with his coach, Paulo Bento.

But the 22-year-old?s agent has denied that a move to The Reebok Stadium is currently a possibility for his client.

?No, no it is not true. Bolton no,? Paulo Barbosa told setanta.com. ?It is true they were interested in January but Sporting refused an offer for ?12 million.

?No [they have not returned with a new offer].?

When asked about reports linking the player with a move to Manchester City and Arsenal, Barbosa replied: ?We will see, we will see soon.?

Setanta

WHAT?!

I dare say he would improve our team, but should we be shelling out 12million on a defensive midfielder? Let Muamba do what he does and lets have 2 ball players in front of him.

He's more a ball playing DM than a ball winning one, think Campo/Hierro not Muamba/faye

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.