Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sky

Garrp

I sorted mine last Sunday and i've had sky since the day it was born so being tied into a 18 month contract doesn't bother me at all because i will be having sky anyway and the difference being my broadband is now free saving me about a tenner a month

crack on and sign a 50 year contract then.

no wonder they get away with it.

can you welsh not read?

its saving me £7.50 a month

I don't want to save £7.50 a month just so they can tie me into a 18 month contract.

See you are that tight you are against saving money.....you peasants are an odd breed 

Why not cancel everything but the stuff in the contract?

Tell them when the eighteen months are up you are intending to cancel everything and you won't return, even for a gold clock.

Let your neighbours use the broadband if they can connect.

What I wouldn't do is pay up the contract and cancel the service - why let them get owt for nowt, even on principle?

Why not cancel everything but the stuff in the contract?

Tell them when the eighteen months are up you are intending to cancel everything and you won't return, even for a gold clock.

Let your neighbours use the broadband if they can connect.

What I wouldn't do is pay up the contract and cancel the service - why let them get owt for nowt, even on principle?

amazingly its a new 18 month contract for everything.

its fucking theft

It states on the screen clearly when doing it that by agreeing to the T&Cs and entering your pin as confirmation you are entering into a new 18 month contract. Which is the point at which I backed out! Sneaky tactic by Sky but to be fair they weren't hiding it.

Edited by bwfcfan5

Have you signed anything?

Have you agreed to any terms & conditions?

If not, you don't have a contract.

Where is their proof you've agreed to a contract?

They would have had something in place when he clicked the Red button. i.e agreeing to T&C's

• Moderators

It states on the screen clearly when doing it that by agreeing to the T&Cs and entering your pin as confirmation you are entering into a new 18 month contract. Which is the point I backed out! Sneaky tactic by Sky but to be fair they weren't hiding it.

so you can only do it on the main box then?

and fwiw, ive no issue with the contract for 18 months tv, but are we saying if i sign up i get their broadband and have to pay for it after 18 months?

It states on the screen clearly when doing it that by agreeing to the T&Cs and entering your pin as confirmation you are entering into a new 18 month contract. Which is the point at which I backed out! Sneaky tactic by Sky but to be fair they weren't hiding it.

That answers my queries.

Garrp, you're a plantpot ;)

That answers my queries.

Garrp, you're a plantpot ;)

Afraid so.

From what I remember you press red and have 2 options, 1 to just activate the new channel or one to also get free broadband for 18 months (therefore renewing your contract). Bit shit if you haven't read it properly but hardly a scam.

I might be misremembering but pretty sure that's how it works

Afraid so.

From what I remember you press red and have 2 options, 1 to just activate the new channel or one to also get free broadband for 18 months (therefore renewing your contract). Bit shit if you haven't read it properly but hardly a scam.

I might be misremembering but pretty sure that's how it works

I don't doubt I never read it properly, I thought I was adding a channel that I already pay for so why would I.

I certainly do not remember having two options though

• Moderators

18 months is fuck all, bite the bullet and take great pleasure in fucking them off. 18 months is Jan 2016, right after Xmas when everyone is tightening their belts and fucking off things like Sky.