Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Who is celebrating ?

I was merely noting that the huge increases are not happening. I think, but I may be wrong, that you was one of those stating that this would happen. Apologies in advance if not.

I'm sure you would agree that will be no noticeable price increases s is good, unless of course you would prefer massive increases to prove some sort of moral victory ?

You are wrong. The dire consequences I talked about on here were if we had crashed out in March 2019 with No Deal, which was a very real prospect at the time. Thanks to "Democracy-denying Remoaners" it didn't happen.

You are now resorting to saying "Yes, things are going to be worse for us all - but it won't be as bad as if we'd crashed out with No Deal!" as though that's some sort of victory. It's laughable.

6 minutes ago, Ani said:

My missus is good for making sure we have proper meals everyday lots of veg and uses any left overs to make soups. We went through the weekly menu thing at start of lockdown. Cost me money as we went from ‘whoever’ paying to me paying every time. 😟

The food bill when we went out was precisely zero 😄 

When's the next one pal ?

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

You are wrong. The dire consequences I talked about on here were if we had crashed out in March 2019 with No Deal, which was a very real prospect at the time. Thanks to "Democracy-denying Remoaners" it didn't happen.

You are now resorting to saying "Yes, things are going to be worse for us all - but it won't be as bad as if we'd crashed out with No Deal!" as though that's some sort of victory. It's laughable.

Why are you so convinced we would have just left without a deal if it wasn’t for the interference from certain elements? If that was the case and that was the plan all along then they could have just done that now? 

by virtue of not leaving without a deal now does that not tellyou that you’re off the Mark? 

obviously I’m not expecting a sensible response to my question. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Escobarp said:

Why are you so convinced we would have just left without a deal if it wasn’t for the interference from certain elements? If that was the case and that was the plan all along then they could have just done that now? 

by virtue of not leaving without a deal now does that not tellyou that you’re off the Mark? 

obviously I’m not expecting a sensible response to my question. 

Because that's what happened. Do you not remember the front pages declaring High Court judges "ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE" because they legislated against crashing out of the EU with No Deal?

4 hours ago, Farrelli said:

Scotland has had enough of Westminster interfering with their affairs, most notably taking them out of the EU against their will. Scotland will be poorer as a consequence, it has been the best boost that independence movement could have had. Johnson treats the SNP with contempt in parliament and I’m not really surprised more Scottish people are now in favour.

They’re are happy to take the money though, subsidised by Westminster right, left & centre 

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Because that's what happened. Do you not remember the front pages declaring High Court judges "ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE" because they legislated against crashing out of the EU with No Deal?

No. I remember it differently than that. But this legislation. What use would it have been on 31/12/20 if we hadn’t  agreed a deal? We couldn’t have left “crashed out” without a deal then. Is this correct?

• Site Supporter

Gina Miller ensured that parliament had a say.

Fair enough. 

All remainers then made it impossible for anything to be agreed in parliament. Including TMs deal.

In turn it led to all sorts and a closer shave with no deal.

If she/they had accepted what the government wanted to do at the time they may have got a closer relationship now.

Cheers Gina!

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Gina Miller ensured that parliament had a say.

Fair enough. 

All remainers then made it impossible for anything to be agreed in parliament. Including TMs deal.

In turn it led to all sorts and a closer shave with no deal.

If she/they had accepted what the government wanted to do at the time they may have got a closer relationship now.

Cheers Gina!

All Remainers ? 

Did nt Boris vote against the original deal ? 

Edited by Ani

8 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Certain posters trying to get on the right side of history

😆

You mean all those say Gina Miller was a traitor by saying that we had to protect our democratic process and let parliament have the final say ? 

Plenty of Leavers on here praising TM for getting a great deal at the time. Is that the history you mean ?  

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Ani said:

You mean all those say Gina Miller was a traitor by saying that we had to protect our democratic process and let parliament have the final say ? 

Plenty of Leavers on here praising TM for getting a great deal at the time. Is that the history you mean ?  

Bolty described her as the new Thatcher.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The ones in parliament. 

TM deal had 3 goes, and Boris voted for its third iteration. 

Remain dominated parliament said no.

Whoops.

Ok so not all Remainers. 

How many Leaver MPs voted against the deal ? Surely they delayed this as much as anyone. 

If we believe the new deal is the best we could have got surely everyone who stopped the original deal gets the same credit ? 

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

This is the bit I don’t understand. There was no deal agreed. There was a withdrawal agreement but that was it. Unless im mistaken?

so who was praising something that I don’t believe existed?

7 minutes ago, Ani said:

She contributed greatly to a successful outcome, in my view

2 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I am a genuine Renaissance man...

I'd anyday prefer a four pack of McEwans Export to some single 330ml can of grapefruit laced Cumberland Howard Keel's Last Colostomy Bag, abv 29.3r% DIPA.

The four Red Hand Grenade being about a fiver, available from most shops. The single DIPA mentioned costs 17.5 and can only be bought if you travel twelve miles and felch some hipster who refers to his shop as an 'emporium'.

I'd love to set up a 'Pepsi Test' with some cheap craft from HB and some expensive elitist rubbish that costs about 10x the cost of the former.

Yourie lad you need to get onto any new breweries trying to grow next year

with your descriptions i can see you as editor for Booze Weekly

there must be a living out there with your stuff

can you get me a case of Colostomy bag at a decent price

😌

Just now, boltondiver said:

I agree with you. 

Let’s take a moment and remember that we were talking about basically taking parliament out of the process to force a mish mash of a deal through. Our whole parliamentary process is based on openness and the ability of our elected representatives to challenge. 
Not all of us will ever agree with every decision but we have to honour the process. People who stood up for this were subject to vile abuse (one guy got sent to prison for it!). Paul Hanley loves throwing out accusations of democracy deniers but what was being forced through simply ignore the very blocks of our democracy. 

If it served any purpose people could back and pull out all the people on here who did it. 

6 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Boris give her something in the New Years Honours.

Few have contributed as much to actually leaving, as she has. Without her input, May would have pushed through a BRINO.

Which, take note Alanis, is actually Ironic.

Let’s not forget. They did this because they had a remain majority parliament. So effectively they were steering the process towards a known outcome which suited there own aims at that time. This was nothing to do with democracy. Although I think your point is very valid. 

that all got ripped out when Boris won such a large majority. Why isn’t Miller lauding the new deal given it will be ratified by parliament as she wished? Do you think she will be applauding from the sidelines? Or mysteriously silent? 

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Let’s not forget. They did this because they had a remain majority parliament. So effectively they were steering the process towards a known outcome which suited there own aims at that time. This was nothing to do with democracy. Although I think your point is very valid. 

that all got ripped out when Boris won such a large majority. Why isn’t Miller lauding the new deal given it will be ratified by parliament as she wished? Do you think she will be applauding from the sidelines? Or mysteriously silent? 

Farage knew the mood of the country , but was big enough to stand back and give Boris the large majority we needed to leave the club