having to sleep whilst working nights

having to to put out pretend fires in the backyard of the fire station

terrible .

Sitting on your arse all day

Fitting smoke alarms to the blue rinse brigade houses 

Rescuing cats 

Awful.

• Site Supporter

micky, every one chooses a career, under takers see far more dead people than fire fighters,  it's their career choice.

if you rescue people it is wonderful. and a rewarding job.

but it is also , an easy life, one of my neighbours was a fire and rescue officer who has told me of what goes on , it's not all bad.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Adlington Trotter said:

Bloody hell. The fact the 2nd video made it online makes me think whoever took it survived. No idea how.

Unless they were live streaming and some one else shared it?  Find it hard to imagine they got up and posted it online, well, sort of

1 hour ago, victor meldrew said:

i know

horrible things like,

having 2 jobs , one of which is cash in hand

having to sleep whilst working nights

having to to put out pretend fires in the backyard of the fire station

terrible .

Fuck 

Almost as hard work as being a teacher. 

Drinking G&Ts

Downloading lessons plans from the net 

Having the union on speed dial 

Jokes

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Probably should go in the conspiracy thread but a lad I used to work with tells me it's quite clearly an alien attack and is just the start. Think he truly believes it as well.

Well, I've seen numerous saucer shapes mounds these last few days; the locals call them hills, but I reckon your former colleague is onto something. They're here, underground, just waiting for the signal.

15 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Probably should go in the conspiracy thread but a lad I used to work with tells me it's quite clearly an alien attack and is just the start. Think he truly believes it as well.

Obviously this is at the more extreme end of things (everyone knows they're already here, the greys have a forward operating base in a quarry up Rivington and have done for decades)

But, we're in a mad place at the moment. Maybe its because these people shout louder than "regular" folk, but you look at social media in the aftermath of virtually any newsworthy event now and no one believes ANYTHING they're told anymore. Its always a conspiracy, always to cover for something else.

Got some goon spreading videos of the main explosion and "what is clearly a missile going in" just before it. It's a fucking bird swooping in close focus to the camera ffs!

Edited by Marc505

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

micky, every one chooses a career, under takers see far more dead people than fire fighters,  it's their career choice.

if you rescue people it is wonderful. and a rewarding job.

but it is also , an easy life, one of my neighbours was a fire and rescue officer who has told me of what goes on , it's not all bad.

The good times are very good, the shit times can be horrendously shit and theirs a wide gulf of normal in between.

By the way, I currently work part time at an undertakers. 🤣

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Obviously this is at the more extreme end of things (everyone knows they're already here, the greys have a forward operating base in a quarry up Rivington and have done for decades)

But, we're in a mad place at the moment. Maybe its because these people shout louder than "regular" folk, but you look at social media in the aftermath of virtually any newsworthy event now and no one believes ANYTHING they're told anymore. Its always a conspiracy, always to cover for something else.

Got some goon spreading videos of the main explosion and "what is clearly a missile going in" just before it. It's a fucking bird swooping in close focus to the camera ffs!

I have and do find these conspiracy theorists actually quite funny and have some entertainment value, however, you see so many of them now and so many crackpots seemingly fully sold on them as fact, I'm starting to wonder if these folk actually need our sympathy and help. 

• Site Supporter

I have a highly educated friend; degree level, who is absolutely convinced that contrails from planes are a massive chemical spreading experiment aimed at subduing the human race.

He even claims that during the current pandemic and the resulting lessened air travel,  he and his wife feel better within themselves. I put it to him that perhaps it’s because he’s suddenly not over-thinking and worrying about his systematic poisoning. His response, as always, is, “You may scoff, but we’ll find the answer, some day!.”

• Members
2 hours ago, MickyD said:

The good times are very good, the shit times can be horrendously shit and theirs a wide gulf of normal in between.

By the way, I currently work part time at an undertakers. 🤣

How’s business? Dead?

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I have a highly educated friend; degree level, who is absolutely convinced that contrails from planes are a massive chemical spreading experiment aimed at subduing the human race.

He even claims that during the current pandemic and the resulting lessened air travel,  he and his wife feel better within themselves. I put it to him that perhaps it’s because he’s suddenly not over-thinking and worrying about his systematic poisoning. His response, as always, is, “You may scoff, but we’ll find the answer, some day!.”

if I ever met someone of that mindset, my first question would be "so what do you do to avoid being subdued?"

the answer is probably nothing, but I'm sure if he really was convinced, he'd be taking precautions to protect himself and his family

• Site Supporter
35 minutes ago, gonzo said:

So what was a Russian ship with 30k tonnes of fertiliser doing near Lebanon one may ask?   

Was there?

Is that where it came from, and if so where the remaining 27250 tonnes?

The last satellite image shown on the news last night showed a large ship on its side in the port.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Aye they reckon it was seized from a Russian ship a few years ago and the ship was rendered unseaworthy 

Wonder if they would drop me some off, can use it an folks' lawns.

Anyway, had a read the other day, that amount of ammonium nitrate was roughly equivalent to 2000 tonnes of tnt.

Which is roughly a tenth the size of the bombs dropped on Japan.

3 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

if I ever met someone of that mindset, my first question would be "so what do you do to avoid being subdued?"

the answer is probably nothing, but I'm sure if he really was convinced, he'd be taking precautions to protect himself and his family

Quite ironic considering the "big if true" tweet you posted yesterday 🤔 

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Quite ironic considering the "big if true" tweet you posted yesterday 🤔 

well, I guess it would be if you seriously thought I actually meant that or believed what was in the tweet

"Bill Clinton might be a peado, it's all out there, saw it on Twitter"

"yeah? hang on though, there's been a big explosion in Beirut"

"fuck me, that's bad"

"what was that about Bill Clinton"

"can't remember, I've been distracted reading about Beirut"

18 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

well, I guess it would be if you seriously thought I actually meant that or believed what was in the tweet

"Bill Clinton might be a peado, it's all out there, saw it on Twitter"

"yeah? hang on though, there's been a big explosion in Beirut"

"fuck me, that's bad"

"what was that about Bill Clinton"

"can't remember, I've been distracted reading about Beirut"

Yeah, course.