Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The TCS

Marc505

3 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

If this deal is financially as good as they've been building it up to be then it's tough sheet for all of our competitors because the trajectory of the club is already a very positive one.

I'm hearing £750k a year plus the cost of the new pitch.

Surely we've had a bigger deal previously?

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Can you just imagine, August 2023, opening game of the Championship at home, nearly 29,000 fans packed into a sell out ToughSheet Community Recycling Bin Stadium, all singing : "Na na na na na na na na na... Neil Neil Hart, Neil Hart, Neiiill Neil Hart! Na na na na na na na na na" 

Neil Hart, Neil Hart, Neil Dust Dust Cart.

Growing on me as thought it was a piss take at first. Local guy with passion for club, pumping his business money in. Good luck to him. He will get loads of advertisement from it. Hopefully his business booms and he can throw more in 😁😁😁😁👍 everyone is a winner 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Lostock Whites said:

I don't doubt that Neil and his team will have properly thought this through business wise and I get the local Bolton side of things.

But from what I've read, they don't appear to be a big company, SME with just 80 employees. Compared to Macron and obviously Reebok they're leagues a part.

All I'm saying is for what's supposed to be a  "record sponsorship deal" just seems massively underwhelming. I just hope financially it's benefiting us as much as the deal is benefiting them.

Anyway I do trust the board, but with this one yeah the name is dreadful but if it benefits the club I'm all for it until we can get something better in the Championship

Except such companies aren't knocking down the door to sponsor us to that extent!

If it's worth a good wedge, then nowt wrong with a local company doing it's bit. It fits in with Sharon's ethics, and the story behind the company, the philanthropic chap and the established links with the town are fine and praiseworthy.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

I'm hearing £750k a year plus the cost of the new pitch.

Surely we've had a bigger deal previously?

I suspect that is clever use of language. Reebok was initially stadium sponsor, main shirt sponsor and kit manufacturer. Macron was was also stadium sponsor and kit manufacturer simultaneously.

So it's got to be a record for stadium sponsor plus main sponsor as its the first time they have been bundled together without manufacturer?