Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

VHS Live matches

Krimzon

I am currently having all my old vhs tapes transferred to dvd . From old Roadrunner stuff with Dave Higson , the official club videos by Touchline, and also games that i recorded off the tv when we were live on telly . 

I will be selling off the original vhs tapes if any one is interested but its been pointed out that people maybe more interested in the dvd's .

Below is a list of games I have so far in no particular order:

ROADRUNNER :

BWFC vs Torquay at wembley 1989 ( this is currently available on the club website but no idea if its the Dave Higson version ot the Devon & Cornwall tv version.)

BWFC vs Wrexham promotion game 1988 (at the end of this video Dave travels back on the team bus to do interviews marred by the brand new road runner bleep machine that missed covering the swear words and lasted for 10 seconds)

BWFC vs Burnley Easter 1988 2-1 bricks thrown as the attendance caught the club snoozing. 

BWFC vs Everton FA cup 1994

Everton vs BWFC Fa cup replay 1994 ( shining , shining , like a like a like a light is David Lee or was it Owen coyle))

BWFC vs Swindon C.C. Cup Semi final leg 2 1995

Luton town vs BWFC 1993 ( no idea , no memory of this game at all)

BWFC vs PNE 1993 promotion game

BWFC vs Birmingham 1990 (Again no memory of this game)

BWFC vs Liverpool FA Cup 1993

BWFC Christmas Compilation 92-93

BWFC Chritmas compilation 1993

BWFC Christmas compilation 91-92

BWFC Goals compilation Aug-Dec 1990

BWFC Goals compilation 89-90

TOUCHLINE CLUB VIDEOS

Wanderers collection Vol 1 "Table Topping Start" 96-97

Wanderers collection Vol 2 Tape 1 "Halfway There" 96-97

Wanderers collection Vol 2 Tape 2 "Halfway There" 96-97

Wanderers collection Vol 3 "Heading for Horwich" 96-97

Lightning Strikes Twice 02-03 Mufc vs BWFC (0-1)

Sams Super Season 01-02 (sam chooses 6 key players & 6 key matches from the season)

Super John McGinlay BWFC 92-97 "A tribute to a legend"

RECORDED OFF THE TELLY WHEN WE WERE LIVE

BWFC vs Arsenal 1995 1-0

BWFC vs Arsenal 2-2

Itfc 1 vs BWFC 2 

Millwall 0 Bwfc 1

Derby 2-BWFC1 (? Coleman broken leg ?)

Tranmere 0 BWFC 1

Wolves play offs games 2-1 away , 0-2 @ home

BWFC 2 Tranmere 1  93-94

BWFC vs Reading @ Wembley . TV version

BWFC vs Liverpool 2001 2-1 

BWFC 2 Oldham 2 1994 (Joe Royle being a twat)

BWFC 4 NFFC 3 ( I was on crutches & wearing a union Jack Bandana on the burnden terrace and still didnt get on tv )

Swindon 2 BWFC 2 

BWFC 1 Everton 1

Derby 3 BWFC 1

Ive still to dig out the Hull Friday night game and the Boro and PNE finals 

But my next job is to edit all the snippets i recorded off tv programmes like kick off , endslaigh league extra etc . lofty's this is your life , bros brothers , battle of burnden etc ...easily 100 hours of video tape to go through . 

Oh and Ive got photos of what the look like too if that helps.

• The topic was pinned
  • Moderators
17 minutes ago, Krimzon said:

Where we got beat 5-2 ? 

Yeah, only because they got mentioned the other day and I'm convinced the goals highlights were from a camera behind the goal at the other end or something 

@SatanGreavsie found some highlights from down the side but I'm convinced they had footage from behind a goal which looked like it was filmed by someone sat in the stand

46 minutes ago, Zico said:

Yeah, only because they got mentioned the other day and I'm convinced the goals highlights were from a camera behind the goal at the other end or something 

@SatanGreavsie found some highlights from down the side but I'm convinced they had footage from behind a goal which looked like it was filmed by someone sat in the stand

I havent watched them all back yet but from memory , we got a full 90 seconds on the late night highlight programme and as I recall all the goals were filmed from behind one end . This was back in the day where is was a one camera set up and told where to film from . Ill check it out . 

• Moderators
Just now, Krimzon said:

I havent watched them all back yet but from memory , we got a full 90 seconds on the late night highlight programme and as I recall all the goals were filmed from behind one end . This was back in the day where is was a one camera set up and told where to film from . Ill check it out . 

Please do 

I've got flashbacks of Mike Marsh knocking one in from 100 yards away in the opposite end and I'm sure I didn't dream it

My other memory was a replay angle of one of our goals at the 4-2 Bradford away win where you could see loads of Bolton jumping up and cheering in the home end down the side

6 hours ago, Zico said:

Please do 

I've got flashbacks of Mike Marsh knocking one in from 100 yards away in the opposite end and I'm sure I didn't dream it

My other memory was a replay angle of one of our goals at the 4-2 Bradford away win where you could see loads of Bolton jumping up and cheering in the home end down the side

You not thinking of when we got beat 2-1? 92/93 think mcginlay scored keeper kicked it off him and into the net, loads of Bolton in the main stand 

Edited by radcliffe white

47 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

You not thinking of when we got beat 2-1? 92/93 think mcginlay scored keeper kicked it off him and into the net, loads of Bolton in the main stand 

In the 4-2 there's a few in their stand behind the goal as well as down the side

Think it was Thommo's goal that showed it best 

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Id say he is. Im on the telly with my dad in the Bradford end. Bryan Edwards got us who was then the physio at Bradford.

The 4-2 was live on Sky. It absolutely pissed down. 

20 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Id say he is. Im on the telly with my dad in the Bradford end. Bryan Edwards got us who was then the physio at Bradford.

The 2-2 was on sky and it pissed it down 

Early kick off on a Sunday 

We were stood outside a pub waiting for it to open, landlord comes out and says we have to go through the back as it was opposite a police station 

Get in and there's loads of Bradford fans well into their pints so don't know what time they got there

Lee Mills scored for them

8 hours ago, Zico said:

Please do 

Reading away when we got beat 2-1 in April 95 has a camera behind the goal

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, gonzo said:

2 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Nah, definitely 96/97 

I've watched the highlights of that season 00s of times

4-2 was a Saturday afternoon fairly early doors into the season, not on SKY

If @Krimzon does me a DVD of "Table Topping Start" I'll get it uploaded to YouTube

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Are there highlights anywhere of the 4-4 Tuesday night game at Bratfud? Think we had 2 sent off and them 1? That was a bonkers match

OK. Once upon a time they were selling off tapes cheap and I think I bought this. Maybe.

13 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Was Mike Marsh not still at Liverpool then ? he played for them against us in the FA Cup ? 

1 hour ago, Duck Egg said:

My father in law has the 86-87 season on VHS up to Xmas. The relegation season. Highlights/goals of most games August to December. You're welcome to that if you'll do me a dvd copy

One of the most depressing seasons in the history of Bolton Wanderers FC.

Can’t see the DVD being a best seller

2 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

My father in law has the 86-87 season on VHS up to Xmas. The relegation season. Highlights/goals of most games August to December. You're welcome to that if you'll do me a dvd copy

Yup PM me and we can sort it out , that was the first season road runner started filming. 

7 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

One of the most depressing seasons in the history of Bolton Wanderers FC.

Can’t see the DVD being a best seller

Out of morbid curiosity I wouldn't mind watching that.

Don't think Ive seen any footage of the Aldershot debacle.

10 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Need all of these loading up to YouTube!

I agree , no idea how to do it . Im paying approx £11 per tape transfer and they are for my personal collection . I can and have paid to have them all put on a usb stick mainly to help with editing notes from the recorded highlights programmes mainly cos people clammered for the battle of Burnden highlights and such and the Lofty This is your life. 

The original roadrunner and touchline tapes will be going on ebay , anyone with more know-how than me could do it themselves. Its daft for me to have my personal collection on 4 different formats .