Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The FA Disappears Up It's Own Fundament

Dr. Feelgood

So they decide not to light the Wembley Arch to respond to the atrocities this week, but will have an impossible to control minute's silence.

Apparently because they fear a backlash.

Still he taking the fkg knee for one dead armed robber though I assume as it ties itself in knots in its balance between virtue signalling and money.

If, among all the options, there is a wrong way they've just found it.

• Members
13 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

So they decide not to light the Wembley Arch to respond to the atrocities this week, but will have an impossible to control minute's silence.

Apparently because they fear a backlash.

Still he taking the fkg knee for one dead armed robber though I assume as it ties itself in knots in its balance between virtue signalling and money.

If, among all the options, there is a wrong way they've just found it.

Oh fuck off.

• Members
5 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Tell me why that's wrong.

And regurgitate what's been said hundreds of times on numerous other threads?  No thanks.

By all means, discuss whether they should or shouldn't show support for Israel, but let's not go down the rights or wrongs of taking of the knee - it's been done to death.

26 minutes ago, DazBob said:

And regurgitate what's been said hundreds of times on numerous other threads?  No thanks.

By all means, discuss whether they should or shouldn't show support for Israel, but let's not go down the rights or wrongs of taking of the knee - it's been done to death.

It shows the hypocrisy. It shows how knee(no pun) jerk reactions get you tied up in knots. It shows why, in truth, it's best to keep all virtue signalling out of the game.

Chosing this one as an exception exposes the power outside agencies now have. Too much is tied into the Arab states.

The FA "fear a backlash" if they light up the arch. Really ? From whom ? Do they think a minutes silence will hold ?

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

It shows the hypocrisy. It shows how knee(no pun) jerk reactions get you tied up in knots. It shows why, in truth, it's best to keep all virtue signalling out of the game.

Chosing this one as an exception exposes the power outside agencies now have. Too much is tied into the Arab states.

The FA "fear a backlash" if they light up the arch. Really ? From whom ? Do they think a minutes silence will hold ?

Too many silences these days.

I know we are exposed, via many media sources, to much more information, but every time there is a disaster or some such it's become routine, and loses impact.

43 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Tell me why that's wrong.

Most of what you wrote

I’d be surprised if folk bother responding to be honest. It’s been discussed over and over.

Players had every right to take the knee and they chose to. The majority of football supporters applauded them after listening to there reasons why. Some, like yourself, seem to have a complete meltdown about it. The fact it’s still triggering you enough to start a new thread about it is a bit odd. 

If it’s a minutes silence for the victims of war then hopefully it will hold. Right decision IMO

4 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

The fact it’s still triggering you enough to start a new thread about it is a bit odd. 

The thread is about the very odd FA decision when contrasted with others. The comparison with 'the knee' is an obvious one.

It's a piss-poor decision given what they've done previously.

It'd be best that they did next to none of this then they'd not get into the quandary they've now painted themselves into.

• Members
54 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I know we are exposed, via many media sources, to much more information, but every time there is a disaster or some such it's become routine, and loses impact.

There are very few silences these days.

Apart from Remembrance Day, it's nearly always applause ... probably because there are too many fuckwits around and it's a lot harder to ruin applause than it is silence.  A sad state of affairs really.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, DazBob said:

There are very few silences these days.

Apart from Remembrance Day, it's nearly always applause ... probably because there are too many fuckwits around and it's a lot harder to ruin applause than it is silence.  A sad state of affairs really.

We had one recently after an earthquake and flood.

Never head them years back after a natural disaster.

There has been another earthquake in Afghanistan. 2000 dead.

Will there be another; if not, why not?

Football should remember it's own, and also a national event. It doesn't have to bow its head in this way though as it just creates problems for itself.

Separately, I'm not particularly enamoured by all the applause events we have, but I can appreciate that for some it maybe a show of solidarity for a lost fan for example.

7 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

The thread is about the very odd FA decision when contrasted with others. The comparison with 'the knee' is an obvious one.

It's a piss-poor decision given what they've done previously.

It'd be best that they did next to none of this then they'd not get into the quandary they've now painted themselves into.

But knee came from the players too. So the FA supported them. 

Are the players asking to fly the flag of Israel?

• Members
15 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The BLM have expressed support for the terrorist attacks apparently. 

Might make a few think.

It won't. Sympathy for the drug addled, domestically violent robber St. George Floyd will continue as will blindness to what BLM actually stand for.

As per usual, the FA are pathetic. Drowning in wokery.

• Members
15 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Absolutely. It's become nauseating.

God these England games are boring. Complete wastes of good football weekends. 

I don't want to sound like Jack Dearden but I kind of think at our current level we should just be cracking on with our games. I know it's slightly unfair, but so are injuries, and I'd rather see more weekend matches than midweek.

• Members
1 hour ago, Stig said:

God these England games are boring. Complete wastes of good football weekends. 

I don't want to sound like Jack Dearden but I kind of think at our current level we should just be cracking on with our games. I know it's slightly unfair, but so are injuries, and I'd rather see more weekend matches than midweek.

This one isn't boring to a few of us. Still hearing cunts who can't hold a tune singing '3-1, 3-1, 3-1, 3-1' to the Auld Lang Syne tune (well, they almost manage it).

I am hoping England thrash them. Vengeance would be sweet. I might even become only 99% certain that Southgate should go rather than 100% certain.

29 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

This one isn't boring to a few of us. Still hearing cunts who can't hold a tune singing '3-1, 3-1, 3-1, 3-1' to the Auld Lang Syne tune (well, they almost manage it).

I am hoping England thrash them. Vengeance would be sweet. I might even become only 99% certain that Southgate should go rather than 100% certain.

Nurse!

1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

Get the patio furniture at the ready and call Neville Bartos a gay. They won’t like that😂