Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Captain

W.cramp

I have just read Santos article about his captains role in the team and he mentions thomasson and that reminded me that on Saturday in the 'huddle'  it was first toal doing the rallying call and then young George took over and did the talking even when Santos came into the huddle from the coin toss.   

Was good to see these 2 young lads doing this especially young George.   Personally and I know we don't see much what goes on but never thought of Santos being a good leader and if that took a bit of pressure off him to play like he did on Saturday then long may it continue.

• Site Supporter

Captains come in all kinds of guises and for me in football there’s too much criticism aimed at the named captain on the pitch.

Its not like cricket where there’s so much responsibility.

In football it can be very much a shared leadership responsibility out there on the pitch, so great to see George and Toal getting involved. 

For me Santos leads by example on the pitch and I suspect he’s calm, reassuring and supportive off the pitch too.

Frustrates me when I hear, “Bloody Santos he’s not captain material” 

I felt there were leadership issues earlier in the season but it seems to have changed for the better. Really enjoy watching CJ firing them up from the touchline. Always thought young George is captain material in the making and it's becoming more apparent now he's cut down on the daft tackles - it's been a formative season for him I reckon.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

I felt there were leadership issues earlier in the season but it seems to have changed for the better. Really enjoy watching CJ firing them up from the touchline. Always thought young George is captain material in the making and it's becoming more apparent now he's cut down on the daft tackles - it's been a formative season for him I reckon.

I've noticed the gee-ing up by CJ from the touchline and been impressed. Wonder if IE sends him down the line for a bit of extra before he goes on.

I said Tommo was captain material at Barnsley.

40 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Everything is set up around and for Santos. He's the focal point of everything we do and his play dictates our whole tempo.

He's the main man even on the training field.

When he moves it quicker we are loads better. Someone should tell him

No question both George and Eoin are now having more influence within the team, George in particular regularly now seen directing where players and passes should be. As said earlier Rico is definitely a calming influence but also the dictator of tempo and when he moves the ball quicker the team just works better. You don’t have to wear an armband to be captain and it’s pleasing to see the players feel that way too.

• Site Supporter
20 hours ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

image.png.8e6c424aab2e2ba7ba1a4275d529c43c.pngimage.png.8e6c424aab2e2ba7ba1a4275d529c43c.png

Two types of people..

this hearing the words in his voice

those that haven't seen the film.

Can't remember the main actors name, if you know, please let me know.

T.Hanks.