Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Football is the new Rugby Union

Carlos

• Moderators

The Reebok is a soulless morgue, you could hear people on the other side of the ground shouting on Sunday.

People stop knitting and clap politely when we get the ball into the oppo's half, just like Rugger.

A try/goal is met with mild euphoria, some cheesy music, everyone watches the replay on the screen... then sits down again.

Where is the passion? Europe is the only thing worth caring about, the rest of it is w??nk.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

=D>

Agreed.

You could hear the players talking on Sunday.

marseille showed us what football can be like.

Dont think we will experience atmosphere's like that in this country again.

Roll on next years european tour. [-o<

I've boycotted the Reebok, it is the worst stadium in the country for atmosphere. And the prices are scandalous [-X I like following the Whites away though, atmosphere is totally different.

Burn the Reebok and build it in Bolton :D

PB

• Moderators
The Reebok is a soulless morgue, you could hear people on the other side of the ground shouting on Sunday.

People stop knitting and clap politely when we get the ball into the oppo's half, just like Rugger.

A try/goal is met with mild euphoria, some cheesy music, everyone watches the replay on the screen... then sits down again.

Where is the passion? Europe is the only thing worth caring about, the rest of it is w??nk.

serious question

do you have ideas of how to improve it

other than taking the seats out/signing ronaldinho? :D

• Moderators

ragging right I do.

1 introduce a way where people can sit near their mates i.e. unreserved seating

2 allow people in these areas to attempt to orchastrate the singing

3 Lower the number of jobsworth Orange warriors

4 Remove the threat of being arrested and charged with a criminal offence for showing some passion

5 Ensure the ground is full for every game, if that means lowering the cost temporarily, so be it.

6 fcuk off the hangers on, put people who want to remain seated and watch the match together and keep the kids in the family stand.

7 Offer insentives for getting the noise level above certain Db's.

That's off the top of my head.

ragging right I do.

4 Remove the threat of being arrested and charged with a criminal offence for showing some passion

5 Ensure the ground is full for every game, if that means lowering the cost temporarily, so be it.

6 fcuk off the hangers on, put people who want to remain seated and watch the match together and keep the kids in the family stand.

I agree with all those suggestions, especially the first one.

It was easy at Burnden to get all the people who wanted to make noise together.

It was also wasy for those who wanted to avoid it to do so.

Allowing people to stand also makes a big difference, even in an all seater.

Nick Hornby had it right.

he said that all the families and corporate types come to the games for the atmosphere, but the people who create the atmosphere have been removed to make room for them.

God I miss Burnden.

you will not get regular good atmospheres at english football until

1. Prices come down

2. Less games on telly

3. Standing is allowed

4. You can stand where you want

5. stewards/club remember that fans are customers.

AS NONE OF THESE WILL HAPPEN THE GAME IS FUCKED, SIMPLE AS.

The sad thing is that it is dying a slow painful death, the irony is that hooligans were the ones going to kill the game, it turns out that it is the so called do gooders that have done it.

i think this is a great start, we need to lobby the club regarding the present atmosphereless stadium we have.

1. one stand at least should be designated an unreserved area and charged at ??5.00 for under 16s and 15.00 for adults and it should be pay on the day only.

2. the televisions under the stand should be turned of during the game, this will be unpopular with a few but it is essential that the crowd is all in place for all 90 minutes of the game.

3. the club should be more proactive in supplying banners similar to the ones in marseille and ticker tape baloons to get the atmosphere going.

4. the club should lobby the F.A.for a return to safe standing and get the supporters involved in this campaign.

5.i would like to see the club open a large supporters bar in the vicinity of the reebok and if possible one in the town centre, marseille had these bars and they were very popular.(beer prices to be kept as low as possible as a service to supporters and not a profit making venture)

6.to encourage younger kids maybe a 5 a side league tournament held on matchdays mornings at the arena.

failing that knock the reebok down and start again as close to burnden as possible. :D

• Site Supporter
ragging right I do.

i can the clubs view now, they will argue...

1. if its a sell out, it will cause chaos

2. some people dont wanna be orchestrated

3. the oranges are there for public safety

4. you can show passion without foul and abusive language

5. lower price dont always entice spectators in

6. people will not take kindly to being moved

7. cant think of anything for this...

Football is more of a familly game now, on sunday it was full of familys, thats were the atmosphere goes, im not saying famillys should be banned, im politley suggesting that the atmosphere will not return the stadiums are full of punters again, including women punters (before i get slaughterd by the female members of thes forum)

Football is more of a familly game now, on sunday it was full of familys, thats were the atmosphere goes, im not saying famillys should be banned, im politley suggesting that the atmosphere will not return the stadiums are full of punters again, including women punters (before i get slaughterd by the female members of thes forum)

you wouldn't have got slated by me mate...I might be female but a lady...erm, no, i've got a right potty mouth on me and agree wholeheartedly! nothing worse than when some 'family member' gives you a dirty look for saying the odd swear word....them dirty looks always shut me up, not!

ragging right I do.

6 fcuk off the hangers on,

We've done that before, by getting relegated to division 4.

Massive case of rose tinted Burnden glasses here.

Must be because you're all yearning to paddle insome other blokes piss and have some owd bloke breathing Woodbines into your face.

For the vast majority of games at Burnden, the atmosphere was no better then it is now.

on sunday it was full of familys

It was particularly bad on Sunday as it was one of the two games a season when Junior Whites get in for free. Got to admit I was one of them with my young lad - eh at the prices Bolton charge you have to make the most of these 'offers' when they come!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.