Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Football is the new Rugby Union

Carlos

I had a season ticket for 20 years until this season.

I feel no affinity to the club anymore and i think they feel the same about us fans.

As long as somebody goes to the matches, they don't care whether you're a new fan or one who has been going for years.

The Reebok is a soulless white elephant run by and staffed by morons who'd be underqualified to sweep shit up in McDonalds.

I know, we've never had it so good etc etc, but how many times have their been entertaining games at the Reebok in the past 3 years?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest squidgy66

I am a JCL

I consider it an honour to hold a season ticket for the first year

I've met some top lads (and girls) through this site and our UEFA trips

I really envy everyone who was there at Burnden week in week out

I'll happily set fire to Biff's slippers

I love making noise in the east lower :D/

:D

Squidgy

Off his face on Lemsip

They made a mistake moving the away fans next to the West Lower as well, the banter during the game between the East Lower and the away fans always improved the atmosphere.

And I agree with the idea of the football specials before kick-off, but I imagine the transport bods will turn that down - but if we were Utd or City they'd try it out, no probs. And before any smart-arse starts, I get the train to every home game and they are SHIT.

On the pitch - we've never had it so good. But I'm in a growing number of fans who hate the whole matchday experience now, I'm tempted to go watching some of those Leigh games with Smiths & ST - at least that sounds like a f*cking laugh.

fcuk the Reebok.

PB

I feel no affinity to the club anymore and i think they feel the same about us fans.

As long as somebody goes to the matches, they don't care whether you're a new fan or one who has been going for years.

The Reebok is a soulless white elephant run by and staffed by morons who'd be underqualified to sweep shit up in McDonalds.

Exactly.

said it before, started going in 84

seen the good bad and ugly

weve got better players and a manager than ever before

this season ive lost interest in going to the match

and really, thats shocking

but seeing football on tv every day and the game being sold out to business, so called celebs joining in, being told i cant stand up and shout for MY team f*cks me off

unfortunately it will never go back to how it was

what it should be but never will is

3pm kick offs on a saturday

MOTD only and 90% less games on tv to get the fans to go to see their local team

rip up the seats in the lower stands and let supporters support

get rid of reebok rhythm, fireworks, james brown, flag men, hotdogs, rola cola, cheerleaders, knock down the reebok and rise burnden from the ashes

• Site Supporter

Exactly.

said it before, started going in 84

seen the good bad and ugly

weve got better players and a manager than ever before

this season ive lost interest in going to the match

and really, thats shocking

but seeing football on tv every day and the game being sold out to business, so called celebs joining in, being told i cant stand up and shout for MY team f*cks me off

unfortunately it will never go back to how it was

what it should be but never will is

3pm kick offs on a saturday

MOTD only and 90% less games on tv to get the fans to go to see their local team

rip up the seats in the lower stands and let supporters support

get rid of reebok rhythm, fireworks, james brown, flag men, hotdogs, rola cola, cheerleaders, knock down the reebok and rise burnden from the ashes

agree with every word, except the year bit coz i aint as old as you...

im just 'over-footballed' im afraid...

Is it not just the fact that most of us have grown up and got other priorities?

My dad used to go home and away. In the 80's he stopped going and he even got free tickets because he used to sell the lifeline tickets. He just wasn't that arsed anymore.

He'd see me getting all worked up over it and tell me, its just a game, blokes kicking a bag of wind about, it doesn't affect your life, win or lose you've still got to get up on a Monday, pay the mortgage. I used to think he was mad, but now I've grown up got a family, mortgage I see his point.

I still enjoy going to the match, but I don't sink into a depression if we lose anymore. I don't go to away matches, I pick and choose my cup games.

I'been going since the mid 70's and on my own since early 80's.

I have seen some shite in that time, stood and shouted Warbies Out on the car park, been run at home, sat on the fence in the paddock, been pissed on, had hot bovril thrown over me, been on when there was 2 thou on, been on when a full house,set off to Brentford at 12 midday, all those and more, and it was a laugh and a buzz.

Now we have the best team I can remember, a top top manager with equally top back room staff, and do you know I don't even listen to us on the radio anymore aswell as don't go.

WHY, cos the Reebok, prestigous as it is, does not do it for me. it in Horwich FFS not in Bolton :D .

Joking apart it's for the new age football fan, iwant to go and let off steam for 90 mins and not have some ftaher or woman saying mingd you langauge every minute, If I had kids I'd do the same, but they should have areas where if you want to be a loon, so these people don't get upset, designated areas.

It takes me an hour to get home, ??2.50 for a pint of piss, blah blah blah I could go on.

Now all the old schooll will always compare to Burnden and moan, but BWFC need to get that stadium buzzing before go again.

I went with Smiths watching Leigh RL, just for a giggle to see what it was like and I'll tell you sommat, it was like being at Burnden, what a sh1t tip, but what a great laugh, and I'm off again on Sunday.

Old School Burnderners Welcome :D

• Site Supporter
I still enjoy going to the match, but I don't sink into a depression if we lose anymore. I don't go to away matches, I pick and choose my cup games.

to be honest, if it werent for the travelling i rather get a season ticket for away games and just pick and choose the home games...

also i think im one of the very few that would rather watch us in the cup against leyton orient than just 'another game' against west ham in the league...

also i think im one of the very few that would rather watch us in the cup against leyton orient than just 'another game' against west ham in the league...

believe mate you ain't!

We had a real good 'memory-lane' chat about this on the flight to Marseille. You could not beat the old days of getting home from work and over tea deciding to watch BWFC at Huddersfield, Bradford, Blackpool etc that night! Jump in the car, pay at the turnstile and stand on the terracing watching the lads. Superb.

I still talk about watching Bolton in a Div 4 game away at Exeter on a Tuesday night as a top memory in watching the Wanderers. It beats WHU at home in the Prem any day :-k

common complaints here are:

not being able to stand up

being told to sit down and shut up

not being able to have a drink whilst watching the game

orange warriors

no atmosphere

overplayed tarts cheating each other

none of the above apply at rugby league games and it is 10 times a better day than at the reebok. I dont miss it one bit, europe yes, matchday versus fulham, not a sausage.

It's nowhere near the same as a full burnden obviously, but a good laugh especially on a hot sunday afternoon in july, when its teeming with gash and you're throwing ale down your neck in the sunshine, and all for ??13.

we need to gather all this information and present it to phil gartside personally, once he has read it i would like to hear his points of view, and see what action he is prepared to take.

I'm seeing tumbleweed bumbling along past his office, don't you? Deaf Ears me thinks!

](*,)

Guest captain zero

i couldnt agree more with whats been said but unfortunately it is a premiership rule that all stadia have to be all seaters

And whilst I'm on a roll.

Rings up on the off chance on the Friday before the Ciddy game at home just to see if could get a ticket.

ST...Any ticket available for tomorrow.

TO...Yes sir upper tier only though

ST.. No prob I'll have one

TO...Ok sir that'll be ??39 PLUS ??1.50 booking fee.

ST...F4ck me, Dick Turpin wore a mask

TO.... Excuse me sir

ST...phone down

??39 cunting quid...do me a favour

And Garty has the cheek to question the crowds.

OI GARTY I DON'T GET PAID 20K A WEEK...HOW'S THAT.

I'D LOVE TO SIT DOWN WITH GARTY ON A ONE TO ONE BASIS.

ST

On one Today

It's a shame we can't get the e-mail address for Gartside and let him know that way. Otherwise you'll end up talking to some PR w*nker who'll insist that the prices are fair and everybody in the ground likes hearing James 'wife beater' Brown when we score a goal.

Almost ??30 for a Bolton v Fulham ticket on a Sunday afternoon :-k

PB

Guest captain zero
It's a shame we can't get the e-mail address for Gartside and let him know that way. Otherwise you'll end up talking to some PR w*nker who'll insist that the prices are fair and everybody in the ground likes hearing James 'wife beater' Brown when we score a goal.

PB

pgartside@bwfc.co.uk

so what do they do

something has to pay the massive wages of the players

the players wages are more than paid for by sky, i think sky contributed about 25 million to our turnover gate receipts were about 9 million

• Moderators
the players wages are more than paid for by sky, i think sky contributed about 25 million to our turnover gate receipts were about 9 million

OK, I'll take that up to a point

Fact is that the overall costs of running the club (and reducing the debt) take up all our income

Unless a reduction in price would increase gates in the short, medium and long term, why do it

ps i think it's too expensive...i just don't blame my club

Lets face it -

There will NOT be a reduction in prices

There will be NO standing areas

There will be NO "supporters" club bar

You will NOT be allowed to have a beer at your seat

There will be NO unreserved seating areas

The Reebok will NOT be knocked down

There will NOT be a "New Burnden" built in Bolton

This is football 2006 style,and we either like it or lump it. If the "working lads" ever fall out with the game (and all the signs are there that it's already happening)

Then the game will be well and truly fcuked

It's more expensive to watch Bolton than Man Utd and Man City - I DO blame my f*cking club. So it's okay for us to get f*cked over, as long as Jay Jay & co get their ??20-30k a week....................is it b*llocks.

Bolton Wanderers are in debt due to poor business decisions, and I DO NOT agree that the fans should be paying the prices they are to sit in a half-dead stadium in the middle of f*cking nowhere.

PB

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.