Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Thats It For Another Season.

leigh white

• Moderators

realistically i think we can finish top 7 and get in europe but the champs league maybe beyond our small sqaud (as the carling cup has proved to be)

I'm dissapointed we didn't put out a stronger sqaud tonight as win lose or draw against utd we'd still be in the top 4

winning trophys for a club like bolton {or any club for that matter}..is what its all about..its your history.

A top 4 finish this season with a few more million in the bank plus the extra cash from the Champions League, THEN we will be in a better position with more cash, attracting better players to win trophies.

Currently our squad is too small to go on massive cup runs.

• Moderators
A top 4 finish this season with a few more million in the bank plus the extra cash from the Champions League, THEN we will be in a better position with more cash, attracting better players to win trophies.

Currently our squad is too small to go on massive cup runs.

i think it's better suited to a cup run than a champion's league assault

Draw for the Carling Cup fourth round:

Notts County v Wycombe

Tottenham v Port Vale

Birmingham v Liverpool

Chelsea v Aston Villa

Watford v Newcastle

Chesterfield v Charlton

Southend v Man Utd

Everton v Arsenal

for anybody bothered bout who got who :mellow:

Don't think you'll get much unless you progress past where we would start in the competition.

Not that I truly believe we'll get there anyway.

They were shocking last night with the exception of Davies, Hunt and Meite.

Stelios didn't look interested and Pederson had a mare.

Only remember us having 1 shot on target in 90 minutes.

That Fojut looked a good player when he came on though......

Don't think you'll get much unless you progress past where we would start in the competition.

Not that I truly believe we'll get there anyway.

Exactly!

We maybe good for a European spot but with only 9 games gone I wouldn't even assume that yet! To be honest I'm gutted Sam didn't put out a stronger side, you never know how a loss against such a poor team might effect our squads moral!

Just look at what happened to Brum earlier this season after going down to Leeds!

Disappointing too, buts thats cup football. Sam says we should have won but others who went may not agree.

With all the 4 big guns and Everton and Spurs still left in the last 16 me thinks that it would have been harder to win than previous. I noticed that last year the big guns were trying harder as they now see it as a backstop in case they fail in the other competitions. It was the only silverware utd got last season.

Beating the mancs on Saturday should be all we should concentrate on now. However they rested an entire team last night.

Disappointing too, buts thats cup football. Sam says we should have won but others who went may not agree.

With all the 4 big guns and Everton and Spurs still left in the last 16 me thinks that it would have been harder to win than previous. I noticed that last year the big guns were trying harder as they now see it as a backstop in case they fail in the other competitions. It was the only silverware utd got last season.

Beating the mancs on Saturday should be all we should concentrate on now. However they rested an entire team last night.

One thing I don't understand is why Sam played Gary Speed if he's resting players before Saturday?

Surely if there's one member of the first team that needs a rest midweek it's Speed?

Idan Tal was very average if anyone's interested, Tekmourian didn't really get into the game either to be honest but it's very early days with him.....

it was poor last night but we should have taken are chances we laked a diouf or an anelka up front for that all important final touch. dont think the team worked as hard as they could do but we have to lose some times and ill take loseing in the cup theres always next season.

seemed like there were a few londoners who came down to watch us last night there were a few sat behind me who had never been to a live game before and fanceyed watching us because they like the way we play from what they had seen on tv.

• Moderators
The League Cup is the easiest and quickest route to Europe.

Last night's game warranted a better team.

IF it's true Faye, Anelka, Diouf were injured, along with Nolans ban, we only had 7 of the first team fit

Add to that the injured Gardner, OBrien and Fortune and numbers are a little thin

I've no problem with us playing Walker either

nd with all the 'big 3 plus liverpool' still in, its no easy route this season

• Members
One thing I don't understand is why Sam played Gary Speed if he's resting players before Saturday?

Surely if there's one member of the first team that needs a rest midweek it's Speed?

Idan Tal was very average if anyone's interested, Tekmourian didn't really get into the game either to be honest but it's very early days with him.....

I thought Tal was the real plus point last night. Once again he looked skilful, he read the game well and has an eye for a pass. Speed looked tired. I agree about Andranik, he didn't settle down, but Fojut did really well albeit for the last 15 minutes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.