Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Poor.

MickyD

• Site Supporter

That was about as bad a ref as I've seen officiating as bad a game as I've seen.

One thing though, Anelka was poor today, Gardner couldn't pass water and Stelios was even worse yet the, erm, "supporters" in the ESL chose to ignore that and concentrate on getting on Hunt's back. WTF?

How I wish that strike of his had gone in just to silence his critics.

• Moderators
with regards to hunt his distribution again was awful.

his first half performance, when he was away from the moaning cocks, was as good as anybody in the team

his second half cross on the run - when the incompetent ref gave a free kick for high feet - was top drawer, but hey, why let the facts get in the way

• Moderators

you must have super fcuking hearing??

or if hunts poor, lets make up a story saying its because people have a go at him from the east lower*

admit it, he is normally the worst player in our starting x1.

anyone would think you are fcuking him with the way you "back him up"

I didnt think he was any worse than anyone else today. They were all mostly shite.

For me no one was really shite. It was a rubbish game and it's just far to easy to pick out one or two individuals to blame rather than just to say it was a poor team performance. I'm not a big Hunt fan but stop mentioning Hunt you gary nevilles! If anyone had a bad one it was Tal, but again it wasn't his fault we didn't win.

I have to agree that the ref was shite and far to whistle happy.

Edited by Underpants

I thought Gardner was absolutely shocking. His tackling was woeful, he couldn't connect with the ball. The conditions today ruined what could have been a good game. Not sure about TBH and Meite in the centre of defence though.

Guest squidgy66
That was about as bad a ref as I've seen officiating as bad a game as I've seen.

May be apart rom the Dingles match - Savage WTF?

• Moderators

Hunt was shocking today, in every department, his "passing" especially, and people were getting on his back.

Campo was shocking today, in every department, his "passing" especially, the idiots in the NSL start up an "Ivan Campo" song.

WTF?

A bloody awful game today. The ref was bad but he is not the reason Bolton did not win. Hunt was one of our better players today. Andranik showed some nice touches. Tal had a nightmare. Stelios was crap. Too much time spent ball watching. And what about his dive when no City player was anywhere near him. Nice to see Gudni at half time. City would have won if the murderer's brother had been any good.

Twas depressing listening to it on the wireless.

Had Tower to start with but they were suicidal, switched to GMR and it was no better.

Thankfully I was in and out of the car so didnt need to listen to the whole game.

Oh how I miss it all.

Not sure about TBH and Meite in the centre of defence though.

I have said elsewhere that although TBH is our best defender Meite and Faye are the best centre half pairing.

If TBH stays until the end of season, right back should be his place.

with regards to hunt his distribution again was awful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kinell, and there was me thinking the Daisy Hiller had one of his better games :blink:

Edited by Happy Wanderer

Hunt was shocking today, in every department, his "passing" especially, and people were getting on his back.

Campo was shocking today, in every department, his "passing" especially, the idiots in the NSL start up an "Ivan Campo" song.

WTF?

Yes we did start up an Ivan Campo song and yes he was piss poor. We were also singing some Nicky Hunt songs but they obviously didn't get heard outside of the NSL. Encouraging the players and singing their name when they are playing crap doesn't make you a idiot.

You couldn't say that Hunt had a great game but he played better than Campo/Gardner/Stelios/Tal/ and most of the rest, yet he was singled out by the boo boys(mainly in the East Stand), they are the idiots.

Yes we did start up an Ivan Campo song and yes he was piss poor. We were also singing some Nicky Hunt songs but they obviously didn't get heard outside of the NSL. Encouraging the players and singing their name when they are playing crap doesn't make you a idiot.

You couldn't say that Hunt had a great game but he played better than Campo/Gardner/Stelios/Tal/ and most of the rest, yet he was singled out by the boo boys(mainly in the East Stand), they are the idiots.

spot on zozzy, we all know certain players are not good enough and sometimes class players have bad games like campo today, but booing your own team is not on, except when it is clear there is a lack of effort.

One thing though, Anelka was poor today, Gardner couldn't pass water and Stelios was even worse yet the, erm, "supporters" in the ESL chose to ignore that and concentrate on getting on Hunt's back. WTF?

How I wish that strike of his had gone in just to silence his critics.

I'l have you know that myself, Kempo, Shewan and Big E were making an effort to get behind Nicky Hunt and chanting his name and we were in the ESL. Infact if I were you then I wouldn't have a go at the supporters in the ESL because we are the only ones that actually sing and get behing the team. Apart from one little "Ivan Campo" you wouldn't ever know that the rest of the crowd was there.

Anyway as for the game, both teams were sh1te and it was a sh1te match. However we still got a point out of it and we have a few easier games now. Also we have Nolan back, who has once again been proved how important he is to the team, in form or not. And Faye back who I also think makes a massive difference. Plus hopefully David Dunn, who judging on the performances of both Tal and Andranik (who might be good against Doncaster but both don't yet look ready for the Premiership) will give us some extra quality and skill in the midfield.

And were still 5th with a bit of a gap to Pompey :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.